2009 tours Announced

MJGirl

DIS Veteran
Anyone see this in the All Ears News email!!!

The new Fall 2008 Mickey Monitor, the publication for Annual Passholders, prematurely released information on new itineraries for the Adventures by Disney for 2009. New destinations include: Florence & the Amalfi Coast; South Africa; Alaska; San Francisco, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite; Boston and NYC; Glacier National Park and Canadian Rockies; Switzerland and Italian Lakes; Ecuador and The Galapagos Islands.

Can't wait to see what the Boston/NYC one will be like!

Sorry ... just noticed this was already posted! Oh well .. Thought I had a scoop!

Hi MJ Girl:

I love your blog, just quickly looked at it but I will be reading more. I am thinking of going on the ABD london/paris tour for next year.

We are also from ontario, can you give me any advice about what travel agent you used, and also any info about booking your flight out of Toronto would be great.

Thank you so much,
Ivory

Hi MJ Girl:

I love your blog, just quickly looked at it but I will be reading more. I am thinking of going on the ABD london/paris tour for next year.

We are also from ontario, can you give me any advice about what travel agent you used, and also any info about booking your flight out of Toronto would be great.

Thank you so much,
Ivory

Hi Ivory ... I'm from KW ... what area are you from? I booked the trip myself, direct with ABD. I booked my own flights, got a great price from Air Canada. Don't book to early, but don't wait too long. My cost was about 1200 each. Price at one year mark was 1600, and after I booked it went up a bit. It is a hit and miss game with pricing. You could go cheaper, if you are willing to make a lot of stops, but I went for the direct overnight flight. I also purchased travel insurance from PC Financial, not from Disney. I hope this helps.

Mary Jane

Hi Ivory:

I'm from Vancouver Island and highly recommend that you try www allseastravel dot com. They have me in a tickler file and will let me know the minute the ABD prices come out. We booked a Disney cruise with All Seasons in 2007 and their service surpassed every other agent I've dealt with. Not to mention that we couldn't have afforded the cruise but for their amazing discounts. I just booked a Club Med vacation with them for January and got 50% off the Club Med site prices!

Sincerely, Karen

Hi Ivory ... I'm from KW ... what area are you from? I booked the trip myself, direct with ABD. I booked my own flights, got a great price from Air Canada. Don't book to early, but don't wait too long. My cost was about 1200 each. Price at one year mark was 1600, and after I booked it went up a bit. It is a hit and miss game with pricing. You could go cheaper, if you are willing to make a lot of stops, but I went for the direct overnight flight. I also purchased travel insurance from PC Financial, not from Disney. I hope this helps.

Mary Jane

Thank you so much for your reply, I was looking at air canada for sure I really want a direct flight, even if it is more. You are right I looked right now for next July and it was $1600.00 p.p., do you mind me asking when you did end up booking your air, I really want to book the ABD asap to get the early booking discount, but could wait a bit for the air. But like you advised dont want to wait too long.

Also in my ABD brochure it says for Canadians to call their local travel agent, has this changed? I always book my Disney Cruise directly with Disney so I was wondering why ABD wants you to book local.

I am in Mississauga, so very close to the airport.

I would appreciate your advice when you have a chance,
Thanks

Hi Ivory:

I'm from Vancouver Island and highly recommend that you try www allseastravel dot com. They have me in a tickler file and will let me know the minute the ABD prices come out. We booked a Disney cruise with All Seasons in 2007 and their service surpassed every other agent I've dealt with. Not to mention that we couldn't have afforded the cruise but for their amazing discounts. I just booked a Club Med vacation with them for January and got 50% off the Club Med site prices!

Sincerely, Karen

Thank you too Karen, I will look into allseastravel as well its good to keep your options open, and it's nice to know that you have used them and would recommend.

Thank you so much for your reply, I was looking at air canada for sure I really want a direct flight, even if it is more. You are right I looked right now for next July and it was $1600.00 p.p., do you mind me asking when you did end up booking your air, I really want to book the ABD asap to get the early booking discount, but could wait a bit for the air. But like you advised dont want to wait too long.

Also in my ABD brochure it says for Canadians to call their local travel agent, has this changed? I always book my Disney Cruise directly with Disney so I was wondering why ABD wants you to book local.

I am in Mississauga, so very close to the airport.

I would appreciate your advice when you have a chance,
Thanks

I wasn't aware of the travel agent thing.. I booked direct for the London Paris trip and did so again for my Backstage Magic tour this August. I think I finally booked my July flight in February. My friend works for AC and she said not to book earlier than 6 months. I just watched the rates and saw a price that looked good so I grabbed it.

I wasn't aware of the travel agent thing.. I booked direct for the London Paris trip and did so again for my Backstage Magic tour this August. I think I finally booked my July flight in February. My friend works for AC and she said not to book earlier than 6 months. I just watched the rates and saw a price that looked good so I grabbed it.

Just to chime in from just down the 401 in London.... We've booked 2 ABD trips directly with Disney (London/Paris and Costa Rica). In both cases we've used AC and booked directly with them. While I know some folks prefer to use a travel agent, we prefer to do everything outselves. As for the 6-month window for booking AC, that's really good advice!

I am also from the Toronto area - I am a contractor at Air Canada but I do not get any flight discounts. I am planning to book with ABD as soon as the 2009 tours become available (hopefully 1 week tomorrow :banana: ). I am considering booking my flights out of Buffalo so that I can book everything with ABD.

I am also from the Toronto area - I am a contractor at Air Canada but I do not get any flight discounts. I am planning to book with ABD as soon as the 2009 tours become available (hopefully 1 week tomorrow :banana: ). I am considering booking my flights out of Buffalo so that I can book everything with ABD.

I thought the same, but if you are flying overseas the prices aren't that much different. At the time I could have saved about $100 a person flying out of Buffalo, but would not have gotten a direct flight. I prefered the direct flight. If you are doing an American ABD, then definitely go to Buffalo. For my Backstage Magic tour I booked Buffalo to LA for $289 one way, I'm flying back from Orlando for $89, for a total of $378 a person. That is the cheapest I found. I'm thinking the Boston - NYC one looks good, but want to see the itinerary first.

Switzerland and the Italian Lakes and Alaska sounds dreamy! :cloud9:
We also have Ireland on our wish list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter