2010 Dining Plan Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reason to be alarmed or to feel ripped off. This happens every year.

The 'missing' restaurants are the ones that are not owned by Disney. Their compensation for accepting the dining plan has to be renegotiated each year. They'll be added to the list of participating restaurants before the end of the year.

WOW! I just checked the list myself and didn't realize that half of the Epcot restaurants weren't on it. Are you sure that they will be on the list? When does this tend to happen, as it is a scary thought! :scared1:

Thanks!

The contract to be a part of DP isn't finalized until mid-December. Be patient, there will be more to come.

Hello from Texas. We or going to be there Jan 8 tell Jan 17. we have the Deluxe plan and looking over the list for 2010, I feel i was ripped off in a nasty way. Over 50% of epcot is gone. down town disney 90% gone. i see some talk about end of the yr and go back and look but by then i can not down grade my plan. My Wife BD is the 11th. so i got that part covered. Had to or be sleeping outside and Boy it is a long walk back to texas..:laughing:

If you are that concerned about it, you could always downgrade your package before the 45 day mark and then re-upgrade later. Disney only charges a fee for changes within 45 days if the changes make your package cheaper. They're always happy to help you make your package more expensive!

But speaking as someone who did the whole stress-over-the-new-year's-list thing myself, back in 2007 when I was planning our trip for Jan 2008, I'm telling you it isn't worth the headache you're giving yourself right now. The chances of those restaurants, especially the ones in the theme parks, not signing on are slim to none. The dining plans have become so popular that restaurants that don't accept them are about the only places you can get into without reservations, and none of the restaurants are in a hurry to become known as the place that always has room while the DDP restaurants consistently operate at capacity.

Does anyone know if Raglan Road will be on the DDP in 2010? Or Nine Dragons? I really want to eat at both places, but won't be able to if they aren't on the dining plan.

Many non-Disney owned restaurants are still in negotiations for 2010. This happens every year.

JMO, but chances are that if a restaurant is participating this year, it will participate next year.

You can always make an ADR and if the restaurant is not included by your trip, then cancel.

Many non-Disney owned restaurants are still in negotiations for 2010. This happens every year.

JMO, but chances are that if a restaurant is participating this year, it will participate next year.

You can always make an ADR and if the restaurant is not included by your trip, then cancel.

I was just about to say - doesn't this happen every year? Feels like Groundhog Day....

Your not missing much, it has gone down REALLY bad the last few years. :eek:

I guess Im a little confused on the rate increase during certain dates? I just booked last nite for Jan 18-25th and was quoted $47 per adult for the basic dining plan? Does this sound right?

Birnbaum's is totally incorrect - the prices are either $41.99 or $46.99 (maybe $47.99, see above), not $44.99. Those prices are per adult, not per child. And the pricing is per night, not per day.

What is the picture of that says RIP on it? Too small for my old eyes.

Bill

That does seem a bit of a jump in price - I'm just grateful if I have free dining for Sept 2010 :-)

Most of the year it is $41.99 per adult and $11.99 per child per night.

Between any of these dates:

February 12 – April 10, 2010
June 4 – August 14, 2010
December 17 – 31, 2010

How does it work if your trip falls between the dates? For example my trip this year is Dec 12th-20th. If it was in 2010 would I pay one price for the 12th-16th then the higher rate for the next three nights? or would it be the same price for the whole trip depending on which date I checked in?

That does seem a bit of a jump in price - I'm just grateful if I have free dining for Sept 2010 :-)

Me too! Thank goodness for the Bounceback Back. That takes care of my Sept/Oct trip, but I still need to look at what I'm going to do for my May and Dec trips next year.

I just looked at the restaurant list for 2010 and there seems to be a lot of my favourites missing from the list. Will they be adding more still or is that all of them. I will really be missing Earl of Sandwich and Tutto Italia if they are not included. Maybe I was looking at an old list.

You are not looking at an old list but you are not looking at a complete one either. The restaurants owned by parties other than Disney itself will likely not be included on the 2010 list until sometime next month, but they should all be back on in time for January 1.

Just phoned disney and the cast mamber told me so far that Tutto Italia and Teppan Edo will probabley not be on next years dining plan. She said a lot of the privately owned restaurants won't be on the dining plan.:eek:

Just phoned disney and the cast mamber told me so far that Tutto Italia and Teppan Edo will probabley not be on next years dining plan. She said a lot of the privately owned restaurants won't be on the dining plan.:eek:

Well, Dec and Jan trips w/DP may be my last ones. We do it to have it all paid for in advance, but with them increasing the price and decreasing the inclusions, it barely saves us money.

Every year we go through this, and every year all the restaurants sign back up in January. Please do not take anything you are told by WDW-DINE as gospel - they are wrong more often than they are correct. Last year the big rumor was that none of the restaurants at Coronado Springs resort would sign back up (CSR is the only Disney resort where all the food service outlets - with the possible exception of the pool bar - are run by a company other than Disney.) Sure enough, they all signed back up.

Only one restaurant has ever dropped the dining plan (Fulton's declined to participate after 2005). I think personally that it is highly unlikely that any restaurant located inside a theme park will stop accepting the plan. If there are dropouts, they will most likely come from Downtown Disney (where only three third party restaurants participate in the first place).

What is the picture of that says RIP on it? Too small for my old eyes.

The photo is the Adventurers Club, formerly at Pleasure Island.

Is it just my imagination or has the list of restaurants participating in the DDP in 2010 shurunk significantly?

Especially at Epcot and DTD?

Yes and no.

Yes right now the list is smaller.

But no, because we haven't hit Jan. 1, 2010 yet. This is when all the non disney owned and operated restaurants must have signed contracts by.

So hold on to your hats. More than likely more restaurants are coming.

I.E

Everything at CSR

Many downtown Dis. establishements....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter