2011 Alumni, 2017 Hopeful w. Questions

thatcrazydisneygirl

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on applying for the Spring 2017 Disney College Program. I'm an alumni from Spring 2011. However, I have a few questions.

I've been working in the mental health field for the past four-five years. When I complete the application online, does it want me to list the three most recently held positions or three most relevant? I have a sinking feeling that my work with suicidal adults, drug addicted adolescents, and the homeless may not land me an interview. However, if I'm able to include my history of retail and theme park experience from years prior, I feel more confident.

Also, as I am an alumni, would getting any of my former supervisors to give me a recommendation help or is that not allowed?

I don't remember what the application asked for, but I would list it, while including your previous CP experience too. You can always work in your retail and other customer service jobs into your answers for your phone interview. Even though it's not directly related to Disney, it can show that you have recent work experience, care about other people and can deal with people who might be angry or frustrated. It's also a lot more work experience than a lot of CPs have.

The application only allows 3 recent job history listings, so I would say just pick the most relevant. You can always talk about how you have held a position in the mental health field for a long time in your interview.

I would recommend not going to former supervisors. I know I have alumni friends who have tried to get a little help, and they have been told that there is nothing they can do because DCP hiring is done in it's own little bubble. So unless you worked somewhere where your leaders had a hand in DCP hiring, which I don't know where that would be, you probably won't have much luck.

The fact that you are an alumni and have other retail and theme park experience should be enough to get you in, alumni with a strong work history usually have a pretty good chance. I wouldn't worry too much :)

does anyone have experience about the role of convention guide? Being a new role there is not much out there and I would appreciate any info on what to expect. thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter