2011 Horror Nights

RE which restaurants... I would choose Louie's first too. Their pizza was yummy!
We like Finnegans, but not for during HHN - it's too much time.
Make sure you pop your head into Monster's Cafe - it's not open often & the themeing is fun :)
The Monsters Cafe was open the whole time we were there last week! I was shocked.

Ladies and gentlemen - I think we have our HHN 21 icon!! This was posted on the HHN Facebook page ...
309279_821754909983_57209636_38543296_7830455_n.jpg

I am gonna have to pay more attention to the tv game. Night of the Living Dead is one of my hubbys faves.

They're coming to get you Barbara...

must be viewed in B&W:thumbsup2

Ladies and gentlemen - I think we have our HHN 21 icon!! This was posted on the HHN Facebook page ...
309279_821754909983_57209636_38543296_7830455_n.jpg

Waaay more palatable to masses than bloody mary, remember all the hub-ub re the billboards?:rolleyes:
Does anybody else think this picture looks vaguely familiar?

If you haven't noticed, the queen card on the main site intro and our Lady Luck have the exact same hairdo. Also, the first commercial was leaked on YouTube, so catch it there while you can!

Hoping someone can help!

We are going to Orlando in Sept. and have 4 day park to park tickets. Luckily Horror Nights opens while we are on our trip! We want to buy 3 tickets to Horror Nights for 9/23 or 24.

First: Will we need to pay the full $81/ticket?

Second: Which night would be better, the 23rd or 24th? Are the lines really going to be 2 hour waits per house?

Thanks so much!

If you already have park tickets for everyone and will be in the Studios on the evening you want to go to HHN, you can add the HHN tickets at the Stay & Scream discount. Otherwise you will have to purchase full price tickets for either night. The only discounts for HHN is for FL residents and passholders. I'm there opening night every year and the lines are manageable the first weekend but you can purchase Express Passes if you are concerned about the lines. As the night progresses the lines get longer so two hours is not out of the question but the lines won't be that long for every house.

If you already have park tickets for everyone and will be in the Studios on the evening you want to go to HHN, you can add the HHN tickets at the Stay & Scream discount. Otherwise you will have to purchase full price tickets for either night. The only discounts for HHN is for FL residents and passholders. I'm there opening night every year and the lines are manageable the first weekend but you can purchase Express Passes if you are concerned about the lines. As the night progresses the lines get longer so two hours is not out of the question but the lines won't be that long for every house.

Thanks so much! We were leaning towards opening night.

We were planning on spending the day at Universal on the 23rd, if we wait until that morning, do you think the tickets will already be sold out? We tried to buy them online with the "Stay & Scream" discount, but it requires that you add a one day ticket to get the discount.

Thanks so much! We were leaning towards opening night.

We were planning on spending the day at Universal on the 23rd, if we wait until that morning, do you think the tickets will already be sold out? We tried to buy them online with the "Stay & Scream" discount, but it requires that you add a one day ticket to get the discount.
You should be OK just go to Guest Services as soon as you arrive at the Studios and get the tickets then. If you wait until later you will have a long line to deal with.

They will need to see your park tickets in order to give you the S & S discount which is why you can't purchase online.

You should be OK just go to Guest Services as soon as you arrive at the Studios and get the tickets then. If you wait until later you will have a long line to deal with.

They will need to see your park tickets in order to give you the S & S discount which is why you can't purchase online.

Awesome, thank you so much--that will save us a bunch of money! :cool1:

I've been planning to wait to buy the HHN ticket on the day of or day before, so we can get the S&S discount ($45). My husband has RIP booked on Oct. 19th, so of course we don't want to risk him not getting the entrance ticket. Any chance Oct. 19th will sell out before Oct. 18, being that it's getting close to Halloween? If so, I guess the discount isn't worth the risk and we should buy in advance, but $45 savings would sure be nice!

Also, if we buy at the parks, can the S&S be purchased at IOA also, or only Universal Studios?

I've been planning to wait to buy the HHN ticket on the day of or day before, so we can get the S&S discount ($45). My husband has RIP booked on Oct. 19th, so of course we don't want to risk him not getting the entrance ticket. Any chance Oct. 19th will sell out before Oct. 18, being that it's getting close to Halloween? If so, I guess the discount isn't worth the risk and we should buy in advance, but $45 savings would sure be nice!

Also, if we buy at the parks, can the S&S be purchased at IOA also, or only Universal Studios?
October 19th is during Hell Week so it's going to be crazy busy with school aged kids and that means lots and lots of locals. I doubt it would sell out but as you said, it's not worth chancing so that decision will be up to you. ;)

You could probably buy the HHN ticket at IOA but I can't confirm.

Thanks Metro! As always, I really appreciate your info.

I guess we'll spend the extra $45, to make sure he can actually use the RIP pass. That pass is getting expensive! :scared1: Our official first HHN horror. :laughing:

QUESTION:

Does the discounted price on HHN apply to whatever Universal tickets you have purchased, or do you need to buy them from Universal to get the discounted HHN price?

QUESTION:

Does the discounted price on HHN apply to whatever Universal tickets you have purchased, or do you need to buy them from Universal to get the discounted HHN price?
It doesn't matter where you purchased the theme park tickets...you can still get the S & S discount. You just have to wait and buy them when you arrive.

Question on tickets...how does the kiosk pickup work? Do you go through the normal line or are these like little fastpass booths (for lack of a better word!) If there are any issues, do you get any proof of purchase when you buy to be able to get straightened out before the event? I'm a bit of a nervous nelly, but I don't have a printer to be able to do the "print at home" option. I will be attending on 9/29, so I may be able to safely buy the tickets the same day, but I want to make sure it doesn't sell out.

Question on tickets...how does the kiosk pickup work? Do you go through the normal line or are these like little fastpass booths (for lack of a better word!) If there are any issues, do you get any proof of purchase when you buy to be able to get straightened out before the event? I'm a bit of a nervous nelly, but I don't have a printer to be able to do the "print at home" option. I will be attending on 9/29, so I may be able to safely buy the tickets the same day, but I want to make sure it doesn't sell out.

order the tickets on line.
list kiosk pick up as it is the cheapest way to buy them.

go to the kiosk outside the park near guest services.

you will need the confirmation number on the order you previously placed and the credit card.
since you don't have a printer, write down the confirmation number and take it with you.

if your card has expired, you will need to go to guest services to pick up your tickets.

if you have lost the confirmation number and don't have the cc with you when you are at the park, go to guest services.
take a photo id with you to get your tickets there.

order the tickets on line.
list kiosk pick up as it is the cheapest way to buy them.

go to the kiosk outside the park near guest services.

you will need the confirmation number on the order you previously placed and the credit card.
since you don't have a printer, write down the confirmation number and take it with you.

if your card has expired, you will need to go to guest services to pick up your tickets.

if you have lost the confirmation number and don't have the cc with you when you are at the park, go to guest services.
take a photo id with you to get your tickets there.

Awesome, thank you!

glad to help.

many times a person orders tickets months out and their credit card expires.
they worry they won't be able to pick up their tickets.

guest services then helps out.
there are many that this happens to or those that forget to bring the cc to the park with them.

a photo id always saves the day for incidents like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter