2011 Swap Calendar

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
Hello Everyone!!! I would like to get a jump on the 2011 swap calendar.

In this first post, will be the swap sign up dates & the swap due dates.

In the second post will be the hostess guidelines and a few things that have come to our attention over the year. The swaps are broken down by catergories (color coded) and "guidelines" for what we'd like to have happen this year. We would like to space things out so alot of things go throughout the year and are not all bunched up.

For those who are new to swapping on the disboards and are intersted in joining... you can find a wealth of information at the following link... Any questions just ask..

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2542961

:mickeyjum So, on with the show! :mickeyjum

Swap Sign Ups
Title - Hostess - Due Date – Link

January 2011
MK Swap ~ tyniknate/ mentor pn96 ~ 1/10 Complete
Tag Book ~ rlovew ~ 1/12 Complete

February (Pretty full)
Out of the Parks (Disney) Pages ~ DIT ~ Postponed until later date
Parks/Icons ~ 2" words & 4" letters ~ mycutiepatooties ~ 2/4 Complete
Newbie AK/DHS~ SIOH ** NO INTEREST
Secret Pal Swap ~ MazdaUK/MickeyTeacher ~ 2/18 Complete
Rides- 2" words & 4" letters ~ LM3K 2/24 Complete
School Elements ~ wdwmickey ~ 2/28 Complete

March
Deco Squares ~ MT ~ Complete
Super Sports 'n' More ~ AWM ~ 3/6 Complete
Pet Swap ~ DisneyBarlans ~ 3/18 Complete

April
Epcot Elements ~ PN96 ~ Complete
Altered PaperClips ~ mommy2mrb ~ 4/25 Complete

May
Character Swap- Elements ~ m2mrb ~ 5/2 Complete
Out of the Parks - Elements ~ lovemy3kiddos ~ 5/9 Complete
ABC Element Swap ~ m2mrb ~ 5/20 Complete

June
Completed Pages/Making Pages ~ MazdaUK ~
Cruise ~ mm2000 ~ 6/29 Complete

July
Event (Disney) Elements ~ wdwmickey ~ 7/11 Complete
Planners 6 x 6 ~ rlovew - 7/15 Complete
AK Swap ~ LM3Ks ~ Complete
Card Swap ~ MM2000 ~ 7/14 Complete
Sketch Swap (Everyday, DIS, Color) ~ AWM ~ July 24-29Complete

August
Paper Piecing ~ Hopemax ~ 8/1
Color Swap ~ MT ~ 8/2 Complete
EveryDay ~ Mom2toPrincess ~ 8/11 Complete
Pass It Forward ~ mycutiepatooties ~ Complete
Pin Swap (Hat Pin) ~ disney_akj ~ 8/27 Complete
Gift Tag Swap ~ disney_rider ~ 8/30

September
Newbie MK/Epcot ~ SIOH canceled no interest
DL/DCA ~ Disney_rider ~ 9/5
Character 2" words & 4" letters ~ wdwmickey ~ 9/12 Complete
Disney Parks/Lands Page Swap ~ AWM ~ 9/13 - 9/15 Complete

October
Paper Doll Swap ~ PN ~ 10/1 Complete awaiting 1 return
DHS Swap~ PN96 ~ 10/3 - 10/5 Complete awaiting 2 returns
Holiday Swap ~ 123SA ~ 10/11 Active
Ribbon Swap ~ MDD ~ 10/15

November

December

Swap Due Dates
Title - Hostess - Due Date

January 2011
Holiday Elements ~ 123SA ~ 1/19

February
Surprise Swap ~ LM3K ~ 2/28

March
Tag Book ~ rlovew ~ 3/11
MK ~ tyniknate ~ 3/31

April
1st pkg Secret Pal Swap ~ 4/15
Parks/Icon ~ mcpt ~ 4/30

May
Super Sports 'n' More ~ AWM ~ 5/5
Deco Sq/Shapes ~ MT ~ 5/5
School Elements ~ wdwmickey ~ 5/6
2nd pkg of Secret Pal Swap ~ 5/15
Pet Swap ~ DB ~ 5/16
Rides- 2" words & 4" letters ~ LM3K ~ 5/20
Alt. Paperclips ~ m2mrb ~ 5/31

June
Epcot Elements ~ MT ~ TBA
Outside the Parks- Elements ~ LM3Ks ~ 6/27

July
Character Swap- Elements ~ tyniknate ~ 7/25
ABC element Swap ~ tyniknate ~ 7/25

August
Cruise ~ mm2000 ~ 8/24

September
Pass It Forward ~ MCPT ~ 9/2
Card Swap ~ MM2000 ~ 9/15
Event (Disney) Elements ~ wdwmickey ~ 9/19
sketch swap ~ awm ~ 9/29
Paper Piecing ~ Hopemax - 9/30 (on hold for now)
AK Swap ~ LM3K ~ 9/30
Complete Pages ~ MazdaUK (postponed)

October
Gift Tag Swap ~ disney_rider ~ 10/4
Planners ~ rlovew - 10/15
Pin Swap ~ disney_akj ~ 10/17
Newbie MK/Epcot ~ SIOH

November
Color Swap ~ MT ~ 11/1
Everyday ~ Mom2toPrincess ~ 11/9
Disney Parks/Lands Page Swap ~ AWM ~ 11/10
Character 2" words & 4" letters ~ wdwmickey ~ 11/10

December
DHS Swap ~ PN96 ~ 12/15
Paper Dolls ~ PN96 ~ 12/15
Ribbon Swap ~ MDD ~ 12/31

2011 Swap Calendar

Important Information:

Hostess Guidelines:

Hostessing a swap:
1. Check in on your swap at least 2-3 a week. Questions do pop up that need to be answered by the hostess… If there is a change in the requirements; please note it in the original post (OP) and bold it in a different color!
2. Respond to questions promptly.
3. Once you have received items put them somewhere safe until everything arrives.
4. If someone's items are not up to standard let them know and work with them on correcting the situation. PM them don’t bring it public and cause hurt feelings. (We have not had this problem… just wanted to make the request)
5. Once you have the items; divide them out for people quickly and mail them out. Make sure you are keeping on top of this and staying in contact as you do this.
6. Please note the status of your swap in the title: Sign ups Open; Active/Progress;
Return Mail; Complete.
7. Hostesses, we ask that you contact those interested in being an angel before you open it up to others already in the swap. I know sometimes it’s easier just to ask the other swappers but if someone wants to angel, let’s ask them first.

** Please remember the following information from the FAQ of joining a swap**
Hostessing

I’ve swapped and hosted swaps on other boards. How do I host a swap here?
A – We like to get to know swappers before they become a hostess. As such, we prefer that new posters complete three swaps on time and according to guidelines before hostessing their first swap. After the completion of the required swaps (3), post on the Swap Calendar thread that you are interested in hosting and you will receive additional instructions. Each first time hostess will work with a hostess mentor on their first swap. This person is an experienced hostess who will help “coach” the new hostess through their duties and act as back up as needed. After the first successful swap is completed, you are welcome to host any future swaps that will fit on the calendar.

I don’t want to participate in three swaps before I host one. Can’t I just host a swap now?
You are free to post a swap at any time. The issue is that most swappers on our board won’t sign up for a swap hosted by someone they don’t know or who didn’t follow the above process. We do this to protect our significant investments of time, money and creativity.

A final message from Webmaster Alex on swapping on the DIS Boards. See the word “swap” where he has written exchange.

Originally Posted by webmasterAlex
I thought I would give everyone a refresher on the DIS exchange rules.
The DIS boards will not, under any circumstances, become involved in disputes over exchanges. All exchanges are at your own risk.
We specifically will not allow threads attacking anyone or attempting to shame someone who did not follow through on an exchange. That must be kept to private message or email.

SWAPS

The list of swaps we have held this year or there has been interest in is below.. If there is a name next to the swap, the previous hostess has first dibs to host again. If the hostess wants to host, I ask that you post to this thread and let me know when is best for you to put this on the calendar. If you don’t plan on hosting, please PM me and I’ll mark it off and open it up to everyone. I would like for sign up and due dates to be given especially for January, February, March. If you are later in the calendar, you can give me ball park months (dates) if you know them. The goal is to eliminate as I said overcrowding and due dates that are falling on top of one another.

If you are hosting and a change needs to be made, we can make those changes. I know things happen, its okay. Just please post all changes to the swap calendar so that the changes can be made in the calendar for the new swappers coming onto our boards and even for the veteran swappers who are looking to see what else they want to be involved in.

To make the swaps on this board run smoothly we are going to try to eliminate some of the overcrowding that has been done with all the Mega/Large swaps being done so early in the year that new swappers while they may participate need to wait almost a full year to get into the Mega/Large swaps. (Especially the park swaps).

We’ve broken the swaps up into categories and the number of each category we’d like to see on the calendar. There can be and will be adjustments, these are just desire/guidelines to make things run smoothly and keep things spread out!

**if the swap is italic it is already on the calendar. **

Mega Swap:Mega Swap is the big Park Swaps. Over the years these 4 swaps have manifested into huge under takings with lots of options open to all of us. *With this being said, we may need to consider holding the Mega Park Swaps individually; but maybe breaking down some of the big wish list items into small larger swaps ~ for example the breaking down of character names etc…maybe doing a MK Character altered letter swap or a MK Ride altered letter swap that will be done after the Mega Swap is complete).
The Mega Swaps we would like to be hosted Seasonally… breaking it down into every 3 months.
Examples:
Park 1 -Jan/March ~~ MK
Park 2 - April/June ~~ EPCOT
Park 3 - July/Sept ~~ AK
Park 4 - October/December ~~ DHS

Magic Kingdom (MK) ~ tyniknate
Animal Kingdom (AK) ~ LM3Ks
Epcot ~ MickeyTeacher (MT) ~ Sign ups April/Due June
DHS ~ PrincessNancy96 (PN96)

Large Swaps – (1-2 per month) these are the swaps that are big but not as big as the Mega Swap... but don’t want to overload the calendar at the beginning of the year.
Examples:
Resort ~
Disneyland/DCA ~ Disney_rider
Disney Topper ‘n’ Tag ~ Alexwyattmommy (AWM)
ABC/MAW pages ~ nemomom07(NM07)
Color ~ ZerotoHero (ZTH)
Character Elements ~ tyniknate
ABC Letter ~ AlexWyattMommy (AWM)
Everyday ~ Mom2P
School ~ wdwmickey
Sports/Activities ~ AlexWyattMommy (AWM)
Holiday Elements ~ 123SA
Autograph Pages ~
Sketch Swaps ~ AlexWyattMommy (AWM)
Character Duo/Rare ~ tyniknate - later in 2011
Rides ~ 2" words & 4" letters ~ LM3K
Lands ~ 2" words ~ PN96
Parks/Icons ~ 2" words & 4" letters ~ mycutiepatooties
character ~ 2" words/4" letters ~ wdwmickey
Parks/Lands Pages ~ 123SA

Smaller Swaps- we are looking at adding 2-3 of these per month into the calendar.
Examples
Out of the Park (Disney) Pages ~ DIT
Events (Disney) Pages ~
Events (Disney) Elements ~ wdwmickey
Other Parks (Sea World, Universal, etc) ~ Mom-to-2- princesses
Pets ~ DisneyBarlans
Surprise ~ LM3K - later in 2011
Newbie Swaps ~ SIOH
Cruise ~ MichellePooh
Pass It Forward ~ mycutiepatooties (MCPT)
Tag Book ~ AlexWyattMommy (AWM)
character tag ~ hffmnheidi

Technique Swaps (1 per month)- anything that is technique driven or more of altered art than for our books
Examples
Shakers
Altered Paperclips ~ mommy2mrb
Paper Bag Albums
ATC- Michi Belle
A to Z ATC ~ Michi Belle
Deco Squares ~ MickeyTeacher
Paper Piecing ~ hopemax
Slidemounts ~ lovemy3kiddos (LM3K)

Gift Swap (1 per month)- swap designed to be gifts for other
Examples:
rolodex- Partyof3
planners ~ rlovew
Altered Binder Clips
Making Pages Swap ~ MazdaUK
Recipe
Card Swap ~ morganmom2000
Card Candy Swap ~ morgansmom2000
Gift tag ~ disney_rider

Purchase Swaps (1 per month)- buy something and send it in, should be due within 6 weeks(for our international swappers)
Examples
Grocery Bags- Party of 3
Jar of Whimsy
Embellishment Swap ~ MickeyTeacher (MT)
Prima Flowers ~ MazdaUK

Interest:
Secret Sister ????

These don't have to be filled in immediately.. We just need to start thinking ahead.

I know Hope is on vacation (or will be shortly) so I know we will not have answers from her for a bit...

I don't leave until Sat, so I am here. :goodvibes Unfortunately, I am going to have to back away from hosting (and swapping) next year. I can tell DH's patience is running thin, because I do tend to stress about them. And now that I've actually started using my scrap stuff, I want to focus on making albums next year. I keep saying I am going to step away, but then don't actually do it.

So, other hostesses are more than welcome to take over the DL/DCA Swap (Rita, maybe?) and the Resort swap. I think I will hold onto the paper piecing swap, but I want to do it in the latter half of 2011. How about signups - Aug 1, Due Sep 30th.

If I actually stick to my goal of making things in 2011, I know I will need to replenish my stash and will be back into swapping in 2012.

Sounds great Hope..
I will open the other 2 swaps up and mark you paper piecing down w/ the tentative dates!!!

I need to use my stash next year too!!! I need to back away from swaps too because of DD's upcoming graduation and have lots of stuff to make scrapbook/ announcements/ open house announcements before April of 2012!!!!

I would like to do an all letter swap...2" words and 4" letters. I contacted PN96 about this. She is on board...we just wanted to see about interest. I was thinking 3 different sections: Rides, Parks / Lands and Icons (not just the main large ones...adding in the partner statue, monorail, etc.). So, this would be a huge swap as one. Even though the letters are easy and quick to make, there are so many options. After discussing it, Nan and I thought it would be best to split it into 3 different swaps. I would like to host the rides swap. Nan offered to do the Lands one and Traci (mycutiepatooties) would like to do the Icons one. Everyone seems to like the letters so I thought this would be ideal. What does everyone think?

I don't know exactly what Nan and Traci have in mind for a set-up for their swaps, but I would like to do 2" letter words for the more popular rides and 4" letters for pretty much all rides that there is interest for. I will break them down by park and / or land. As for a date estimate, I am thinking about a late March sign up and a late May due date...or early June.

Got yours on the calendar.
Have include the items on the main swap thread (Post #2)
will await for information from MCPT.

I would love to hostess the pet swap in January. Maybe do signs up the 3rd week of January with a due date of mid March? Do you need specific dates?

I would like to host my first swap. It will be a small swap to see how I do with hosting. It will be a character tag swap with sign-ups beginning of April/due at beginning of June.

I would be interested in hosting another swap in 2011, but want to see how things go with the first swap.

Thanks for taking this job on Nancy!

My swaps are up for grabs. I'll see what needs a hostess and fill in if needed after others have had a chance to pick:thumbsup2

Ok, I"m running out the door... I will update all of this later tonight/tomorrow...

Susan, check your pms later tonight I have a question for you.. AWM told me you were the expert I need to talk too... Acutally I'll copy the email I sent to her and you can let me know if it can be done!!!

I've been thinking long and hard about this and I'm going to put my swaps up for grabs. I love hostessing, but I've got to take a break from it for awhile.

I haven't updated any requests yet..but I have marked off those that are now up for grabs!

DIT ~ Sorry you are stepping away but understand.. Would you consider mentoring and new hostess?

I would love to hostess the pet swap in January. Maybe do signs up the 3rd week of January with a due date of mid March? Do you need specific dates?
Can I get specific dates from you soon! Thanks!!

I would like to host my first swap. It will be a small swap to see how I do with hosting. It will be a character tag swap with sign-ups beginning of April/due at beginning of June.

I would be interested in hosting another swap in 2011, but want to see how things go with the first swap.

I would like specific dates in by December/January at the latest. Thanks!

Nan, I can do that! :thumbsup2

Thank you!!!!!

:worship: Would the swap goddess's allow me to host a swap this comming year?:worship:
You all know Disneyland/DCA is close to my heart. Rita and I could even co-host I don't think I live far from her now....
But also I'm not picky. anything Disney is cool with me :thumbsup2 That and I always loved the Recipe swaps I use my books :)

Hi Nan,
I am working on my second swap right now, but did 4 or 5 a couple years ago, I would like to host one if possible....maybe the altered paperclips if you think that would be an easy first time one.
Is there a link to an earlier one that I could check out. If you don't think I'm ready I totally understand.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter