2013/2014 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends ~ Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec & Jan ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: After looking at Post 8, I don't see that there are microwaves in each (standard garden view, not villa) BC room. But after doing a web search, have come across the statement that microwaves are available and free at Deluxe resorts if the request is made at the front desk. I am making a Garden Grocer order and my order will differ based on microwave availability. TIA!

Microwaves are not in the resort (not villa) rooms, but yes, you can request a microwave for your room- either from the front desk or from housekeeping.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I'm visiting my daughter in Dallas and have been having a great time!!

Teena enjoy Christmas tomorrow with your two special girls!! Have a great time at Disney with them!!

~N

Merry Christmas Friends!! We go get Jeanne and Princess Lily at the Airport tomorrow night and will be having our Christmas on Friday. Then it's off to WDW every day so Lily can spend the holidays with her best friends (Mickey and Pals).
Enjoy! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

christmas-fly.jpg

merry Christmas to all my friends, love your pal Buzzy the fly
:upsidedow cute outfit Buzzy!

Merry Christmas to all our DisBoard friends! Due to a recent ice storm in Toronto I've been without internet for the early part of the week (but so grateful to have power throughout!) and I must admit I've felt a bit of DisBoard withdrawal not being able to keep up with everyone's travel plans and other updates.

I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you still had power & heat.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I'm visiting my daughter in Dallas and have been having a great time!!

Teena enjoy Christmas tomorrow with your two special girls!! Have a great time at Disney with them!!

~N
:thumbsup2 safe travels!

~N

Great that everyone is getting to see their girls!

I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you still had power & heat.

We've been feeling very lucky during the ice storm that it Ontario last weekend. We live in a high-rise building so our power vault and the wires running into our building are all underground, so the ice didn't affect our power. We did have to go without phone, internet and cable for 55 hours since the power was cut to our cable hub - but truly that is all something we can do without. It actually made for a nice Christmas Eve as we all sat around playing board games and having fun together instead of focusing on all of our different electronics.

It has been unbelievable to see the aftermath of the storm. Every yard has tree branches down, many of those branches being 30-40 cm (12-16 inches) in diameter. With all those branches falling on power lines it has been impossible for the hydro crews to get things fixed quickly. We live in the heart of the city and for three days all the houses around us were without power, the street lights were dark, and the traffic lights didn't work. It is so strange to see the city that shut down. I feel so bad for those people who didn't have any where to go and had to stay in their homes and freeze in the dark, without any power to cook with. I also felt bad for the small business owners who had to close in the days leading up to Christmas when they would normally make a lot of money.

Getting around the city was difficult. The subways weren't fully running since not all stations had power, and many buses couldn't run their routes due to tree limbs littering the road. I had no trouble getting to work on Monday because my section of the subway was fine, but we did close our offices mid-afternoon just to give everyone extra time to get home.

To bring this back on topic... let's just say I've dreamed of being at the Beach Club more than once this past week! ;)

~N

Have fun Nannette. I know you have been counting down the days and now you are finally there:cool1::cool1: Enjoy time spent with your daughter

Great that everyone is getting to see their girls!

We've been feeling very lucky during the ice storm that it Ontario last weekend. We live in a high-rise building so our power vault and the wires running into our building are all underground, so the ice didn't affect our power. We did have to go without phone, internet and cable for 55 hours since the power was cut to our cable hub - but truly that is all something we can do without. It actually made for a nice Christmas Eve as we all sat around playing board games and having fun together instead of focusing on all of our different electronics.

It has been unbelievable to see the aftermath of the storm. Every yard has tree branches down, many of those branches being 30-40 cm (12-16 inches) in diameter. With all those branches falling on power lines it has been impossible for the hydro crews to get things fixed quickly. We live in the heart of the city and for three days all the houses around us were without power, the street lights were dark, and the traffic lights didn't work. It is so strange to see the city that shut down. I feel so bad for those people who didn't have any where to go and had to stay in their homes and freeze in the dark, without any power to cook with. I also felt bad for the small business owners who had to close in the days leading up to Christmas when they would normally make a lot of money.

Getting around the city was difficult. The subways weren't fully running since not all stations had power, and many buses couldn't run their routes due to tree limbs littering the road. I had no trouble getting to work on Monday because my section of the subway was fine, but we did close our offices mid-afternoon just to give everyone extra time to get home.

To bring this back on topic... let's just say I've dreamed of being at the Beach Club more than once this past week! ;)

I live about 90 minutes south of you in NY and we have very similar conditions. My town had 2 feet of snow that melted with 3 days of rain and then the sleet iced everything over which has caused many downed tree branches. we have many flooded roads in my town and it has been a nightmare. It has also been snowing again so that is adding to the mess. The snow is heavy and is causing more downed trees and power lines. I am fortunate because we have yet to lose power. I just cant believe all the changes in weather and the havoc it is creating... stay safe

I live about 90 minutes south of you in NY and we have very similar conditions. My town had 2 feet of snow that melted with 3 days of rain and then the sleet iced everything over which has caused many downed tree branches. we have many flooded roads in my town and it has been a nightmare. It has also been snowing again so that is adding to the mess. The snow is heavy and is causing more downed trees and power lines. I am fortunate because we have yet to lose power. I just cant believe all the changes in weather and the havoc it is creating... stay safe

Good to hear you made it through safe and with power. It is amazing how much life changes without power, and how much we take for granted. All can change with one quick blast from mother nature.

We were in Buffalo this past weekend and had the ice storm on Saturday night. We got lucky that the hotel kept power (we had to change hotels from a storm there about five years ago).

A little late but Merry Christmas to my special BC/YC friends.

Teena - have a wonderful time with your girls.

Scott - hope your kitty is on the mend. Pets are so special - our dog is just part of our family!

A special thanks to my closest BC/YC friends ( you know who you are).

Here is hoping for a better New Year!

Good to hear you made it through safe and with power. It is amazing how much life changes without power, and how much we take for granted. All can change with one quick blast from mother nature.

Glad you and Couchy are safe. I still have bad memories of a Dec wind storm in 2006. We lost power & heat for 3-4 days. Thankfully it doesn't get as cold here on the west coast as back east, but I was darn cold. Thankful we have a gas water tank. But electric stove. So we used the gas BBQ outside!

Microwaves are not in the resort (not villa) rooms, but yes, you can request a microwave for your room- either from the front desk or from housekeeping.

Thank you! I will complete a Garden Grocer order with hopes we can get a microwave in our room. I have one Mac and Cheese eater and one chicken soup eater for occasions we are "eating in".

Can someone tell me if we need to bring/should bring noodles or tubes to use in the lazy river? When I was there 15 years ago (!!!!) they didn't allow it but I think I read that the tube rental hut is now closed? Thanks!!

pages 221-226

Thoughts going out to all our friends dealing with snow and icy messes!

The Princess has landed! And in typical fashion, it was a late arrival. Jeanne and Lily's flight from LV was delayed and didn't land until after 2 am. Hope they are all getting some rest this morning

Hi all, just wanted to pop in and say that we are coming back to the BC in May for 3 nights. We are doing a split stay where we will be at BC from 5/23-5/26 and then we will move over to VWL from 5/26-6/1. We are all so excited that we are finally coming back to our favorite resort on property....we just love everything about BC and the whole Epcot area :goodvibes.

Somehow I forgot to give you an official :welcome: back!

:woohoo:

Sorry about that.

I think I have added you to the list, though.

:cool1:

Well we just booked Disney today for five nights in May. Using our friend's DVC points. Right now we are at the AK Villas - Kidani in a Savannah View Studio on two separate reservations. We are wait listed for BCV for the first three nights. Fingers are crossed that they open up and we can finally be on the Be Our Guest List.

Will probably do Deluxe Dining for one of the stays (if not both).

Congrats on your trip! Hoping that your waitlist for BCV comes through!

pixiedust:

Hi all, catching up on the threads since being in LA over Thanksgiving, including Disneyland! So fun, I loved it.

Today, I booked my Disney World trip for September-October 2014! :banana: I decided to book it for now at Port Orleans Riverside - I'm going over my birthday, and I have some friends and family who might be joining me and would be more comfortable paying a moderate rate. My dream is still to stay at BC or YC at some point, but that may have to be another trip.

If I have just a few people decide to join me, then I might look into last-minute BCV rental points. So that's the plan! :)

Happy Holidays, everyone!

Glad you had a great time in DL. We are very excited about our trip in July!

:yay: on booking your trip!

I hope a trip to the Yacht/Beach Club is in your future!

We can' wait to be back, this will be our first time staying in the Villas. We are booked May 18-25, 2014 to celebrate two birthdays and our 10 year anniversary.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

I have the choice between a pool view or a garden view room. The price difference is about $250 for the whole stay. This is during the marathon. Is the pool view worth it?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for January

Some of the water views at the Yacht and Beach Club are fabulous! I received some pixie dust and had a beautiful room last summer, and LOVED IT, but for the amount of time I spend in the room while at Disney I just book standard or garden view.

I posted this link on your thread yesterday, but others here may be interested, or want to add their own room view pictures. Hint! Hint!

:)

Merry Christmas to my favorite DISers!!!!! I hope Santa brings you everything on your list. Yes Buzzy, this includes you too! Although I'm not quite sure what crazy flies put on their Christmas lists......

Our Incredibles box arrived yesterday in the mail and since the kids don't know we are going in June yet, I put the package under the tree. Yay!!!!!! I can't wait to surprise them!

And... how was the surprise?

Can someone tell me if we need to bring/should bring noodles or tubes to use in the lazy river? When I was there 15 years ago (!!!!) they didn't allow it but I think I read that the tube rental hut is now closed? Thanks!!

The tube rental hut is closed, but the floats are freely available in the lazy river. I was able to find one when I wanted one on a July afternoon. I haven't heard lately how the availability has been.

Some have complained that there are too many in the river and they are not being put onto the side of the pool when not in use, so the lazy river is congested.

You may bring your own noodles if you prefer.

:goodvibes

The tube rental hut is closed, but the floats are freely available in the lazy river. I was able to find one when I wanted one on a July afternoon. I haven't heard lately how the availability has been.

Some have complained that there are too many in the river and they are not being put onto the side of the pool when not in use, so the lazy river is congested.

You may bring your own noodles if you prefer.

Is it closed temporarily or for good? Thanks!

Somehow I forgot to give you an official :welcome: back!

Sorry about that.

I think I have added you to the list, though.

Thanks and no worries :hippie:.

I need a bit of advice from anyone that would like to give it :goodvibes. I have all of our ADRs made for our trip but now it seems like I am going to have to tweak a few of our days because I found a better ADR time for BOG dinner (6:45pm from 8:50pm) on a day that we originally weren't going to be at MK. Now this is where I need your advice, the date that I got this new reservation is on Memorial Day (on 5/26, the Monday). I am wondering how jammed packed MK will be on that day (I know the locals will more then likely be there since the schools are off), we originally were going to go to DHS which has late EMH until 11pm. Not sure if we should stick with our original plan and get rid of the BOG ADR or tweak our week a bit....what does everyone else think? I know this has nothing to do with BC/BCV therefore I am really sorry for this.

Silly question, but I couldn't find an answer in the thread... is there a separate lobby/check in for the Beach Club Villas? Or would we go to the Beach Club lobby to check in?

We're driving, so I was also wondering if it's the same parking lot or if there are different entrances?

TIA!

Silly question, but I couldn't find an answer in the thread... is there a separate lobby/check in for the Beach Club Villas? Or would we go to the Beach Club lobby to check in?

We're driving, so I was also wondering if it's the same parking lot or if there are different entrances?

TIA!

As of today, they are testing doing check-ins at the Villas for the BCV. However, it is a test only. And the hours that someone is in the BCV to do check-ins varies. Before the test and I would assume after the test, check-ins will return to the Beach Club. I have no idea how long the "test" will last.

Is the coffee pot in the rooms at yacht club traditional or are they a keurig type?

Thanks
Amberlee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is it closed temporarily or for good? Thanks!

I am not aware that there are plans to reopen, so I am assuming this is a permanent closure. I think the "Pool Gifts" location is now a station for BC/YC recreation managers.

:)

I need a bit of advice from anyone that would like to give it :goodvibes. I have all of our ADRs made for our trip but now it seems like I am going to have to tweak a few of our days because I found a better ADR time for BOG dinner (6:45pm from 8:50pm) on a day that we originally weren't going to be at MK. Now this is where I need your advice, the date that I got this new reservation is on Memorial Day (on 5/26, the Monday). I am wondering how jammed packed MK will be on that day (I know the locals will more then likely be there since the schools are off), we originally were going to go to DHS which has late EMH until 11pm. Not sure if we should stick with our original plan and get rid of the BOG ADR or tweak our week a bit....what does everyone else think? I know this has nothing to do with BC/BCV therefore I am really sorry for this.

We don't have any problem with questions that aren't directly about the resorts. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you about the MK crowd levels on Memorial day.

Is the coffee pot in the rooms at yacht club traditional or are they a keurig type?

Thanks
Amberlee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Neither. They are the Cusinart single cup coffee pod machines. There are pictures in either the FAQ post (Post 13) or the Other Useful Info post (Post 14) on Page 1. I can't remember which one.

:drinking1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter