2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to hear this. They can do so much more with outpatient now. And love the Starbucks thing. Maybe a few of those will perk him up :thumbsup2.

He was there overnight ... I think he should have been there at least two nights instead of one. Yep, Starbucks is the best medicine as far as he is concerned. I hate coffee.

Dee, as much as I hate to leave this lovely thread, please remove me from the BOG list :sad2: CR opened up a few days and we can now get our entire stay under the convention rate, so we just extended our stay over there (instead of moving to YC after convention at CR).

I am sure I will look longingly at SAB when I stroll the Boardwalk, but I couldn't justify the extra $1000 to DH, although I tried :teacher:

Thank you all for being such lovely hosts on this thread, and I will still stop by to check on you all and read the fun posts. popcorn::

Yeah, $1,000 would take a lot of convincing. I'll keep you on the list but indicate that your trip is at CR.

Please do stick around play with us if you wish.

:goodvibes

Waaaaaaaaaaay too long! :umbrella:

I know, right?!?

;)

He was there overnight ... I think he should have been there at least two nights instead of one. Yep, Starbucks is the best medicine as far as he is concerned. I hate coffee.

I'm with Bob! Coffee is magical!!! :wizard:

:surfweb:

So, I know it's silly but throughout the year I go pretty much bare-faced :scared1: but on vacation I've been known to slap a little mascara on my remaining three or four eyelashes. Don't ask me why - it's a vacation so I take a holiday from my normal face? :confused3 Unfortunately, now that I'm old and blind I find it difficult to see my eyes unless there is some sort of magnifying mirror at hand. I would wear my glasses but then it makes it difficult to get the wand to the lash without pixiedust:
Here's the question: does such a mirror exist in the vanity area of a YC SV CL room?

Thanks so much for posting in the view thread!!!

I forgot to mention how much I love the rooms that have a view of Tower of Terror!!! Seriously Cool!

And probably most of you know this, but the color of ToT is designed so that it blends in with the pavilion in Morocco when you are looking from a distance. I can't remember if I learned that from the Unofficial Guide to Disney, one of the tv specials on the Travel Channel or somewhere else.

So, I know it's silly but throughout the year I go pretty much bare-faced :scared1: but on vacation I've been known to slap a little mascara on my remaining three or four eyelashes. Don't ask me why - it's a vacation so I take a holiday from my normal face? :confused3 Unfortunately, now that I'm old and blind I find it difficult to see my eyes unless there is some sort of magnifying mirror at hand. I would wear my glasses but then it makes it difficult to get the wand to the lash without pixiedust:
Here's the question: does such a mirror exist in the vanity area of a YC SV CL room?

Yes! There is a magnifying mirror in the bathrooms at the Yacht as well as the Beach Club resort. Mrs. Buzzy has the same problem when she applies her "Fly liner"!

Love, Buzzy, the beauty consultant (and resort wear) Fly guy!

It's awful how the insurance companies force the MD's and hospitals to discharge patients so soon. The docs in Boston are actually measured on their patients "Length of stay" in the hospital and there are repercussions to them if their patients stay longer then the hospital and insurance companies think they should! Horrible!

Glad to hear Bob is home and healing. Sleep and rest are always the best medicine! Let me kno w if you want me to send you a set of hospital scrubs so you can not only be a nurse at home but look like one too :)

Jay

DH also waits until the last minute but sometimes he forgets important things. He had to go to a Mountain Bike festival this weekend for work. I normally go with him so I pack everything. He packed this morning at 5am and had to leave at 6. He called because he forgot his pillow, sleeping bag and rain jacket. :rolleyes1

My DH is a total procrastinator about everything! Makes me nuts! Two WDW trips ago, he waited until the last minute to get his stuff packed and loaded into the car, and he ended up forgetting his park backpack on our dining room table. We were at the airport before we realized he didn't have it, so it was too late to go back for it. It had his sunglasses, reading glasses, extra swimsuit, park poncho, Bobble, and a bunch of other things. He was furious at himself for having forgotten it. But he waits until the last minute to do everything, and then this type of stuff happens. :sad2:

My trip is 2 weeks from tomorrow, and we check into BC 3 weeks from today! I am this guy -----> :cool1:

Our packing dialog:
DW>Which of these shirts do you want to wear?
Me> That one. That one. And that one.
DW> OK. Get out of the way.

My DH is the over packer in the family. Last year we went to Disney for 2 weeks. Florida in August... So I told him we are going to do laundry twice and I want everybody to pack for ONE WEEK and no more.
He brought me a suitcase so stuffed it wouldn't zip the night before we left. I started going through it- he had something like 18 t-shirts, some long sleeved shirts, 4 sets of pj's, 7 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of shorts, three pairs of shoes, multiple sweaters and a winter coat plus enough socks and underwear for the full two weeks plus some. I have no idea how that was one week to him. Why was the man trying to take a winter coat to Florida in August? :confused3
I unpacked and packed everything for three of us into that suitcase.

We pack at the last minute, but there is a basket downstairs where all the misc. things that go with us get put for a few months before the trip. Things like misting fans, trading pins and frog togs live there.

In other news, any of you who had problems with the BC/YC club offerings- by all means please write a complaint letter before my trip so they do something better before late August. Thank you in advance.

We are going to have the ddp, where will we be able to get coffee in the am? I know there is no food court at BC, will we be able to fill our mugs ourselves? Thanks

Our packing dialog:
DW>Which of these shirts do you want to wear?
Me> That one. That one. And that one.
DW> OK. Get out of the way.

That's me too. Only I don't ask him what he wants to bring. I just pack it!!! My hubby knows when I'm in full on packing mode it's best not to get in my way or to get into my line of vision. 31 days!!!

Good morning friends!

I found this question on the resort boards.

Hello, I have a question for YC room location experts.

We want a lower-floor room w/shaded balcony in the afternoon. The most important part of the request is shaded balcony.

We've booked garden-view room. Assuming room request granted, where in the resort would we find ourselves?

Can this room request be accommodated and still be close the lobby area?

Looking forward to our July trip :woohoo:

I am not positive about the answer to your question. I think the garden view rooms are located throughout the resort so your best bet is probably to add your request in words by calling CRO at Disney

"Shaded balcony (no afternoon sun), lower floor"

How soon is your trip? Have you done the online checkin? I suggest that you don't and you discuss your request when you are checking in- ask the CM where your room is located.

I am going to post this on the FAQ board to see if the folks over there have any input about what your best chance and way to word your request will be.

Dee

I am very directionally challenged. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, so I think this poster wants an east facing balcony, right?

I do know that Epcot/Mexico is EAST of the resort
(Teena, do you remember why I know that- answer in the next post)

So would it make sense to the room assignor to phrase the request like this:

"Shaded balcony (no afternoon sun), please. Lower floor if possible" or

"Room facing east/towards EPCOT, please. Lower floor if possible"

YC GV peeps- have you had a room with afternoon shade? Where was it?

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you we are here and have a great sv cl room overlooking back entrance. We can see the high fireworks and have a great sideways view of lagoon!

It's great to be home! Room was clean and no problems. Lived appetizers in lounge last night and dd was thrilled there were Oreo Bon bons too!

Off to MK today and BOG for dinner. Early CP reservation this morning

Should see Teena this afternoon

I will try and check in later

Any questions?

Why do I know that EPCOT is EAST of the Beach Club?

During my very first trip to the Beach Club, when I met Teena, there was a space shuttle launch scheduled for the night we arrived. That launch was scrubbed due to weather, but Teena told us when it was rescheduled and that we could see it by looking to the east (towards Mexico in EPCOT). We happened to have dinner at Le Cellier that night, and our checkin was just a few minutes after the launch, so we watched from Canada as the shuttle lifted off right before our dinner that night.

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you we are here and have a great sv cl room overlooking back entrance. We can see the high fireworks and have a great sideways view of lagoon!

It's great to be home! Room was clean and no problems. Lived appetizers in lounge last night and dd was thrilled there were Oreo Bon bons too!

Off to MK today and BOG for dinner. Early CP reservation this morning

Should see Teena this afternoon

I will try and check in later

Any questions?

Welcome Home!!!

No questions right now.

Love the back entrance view- such great people watching.

Have fun!

Oooh! Very cool. The Beach Club was in the top 10 family hotels in the country on Trip Advisor!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Family

That is VERY cool!

I guess the secret is out! ;)

We are going to have the ddp, where will we be able to get coffee in the am? I know there is no food court at BC, will we be able to fill our mugs ourselves? Thanks

At the Marketplace.

As Teena said, the Marketplace is where you can get coffee and other refill beverages. I believe it is open at 6:30 for drinks, then 7 am for breakfast items. Closes at 11 pm.

There is also real, brewed coffee available at the Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club in the mornings. There is information about that on Page 1, Post 14 (Other Useful Info). That is another refill station in the morning and has Continental Breakfast items like pastry and fruit.

BUMPING

I feel that this has been addressed before but can't find anything in the old threads either. I really want to purchase the mattress we had and I thought I had all the info (wanted to the last time we stayed but did not get the info). I believe I remember somebody, maybe Teena indicating that it's hard to tell the brand etc. because mattresses get replaced all of the time.

They have the info in the hotel packet and says that it can be ordered thru the Disney Resort Collection. When going to the website indicated it redirects you to the Disney site to purchase theme park merchandise and no where can I find the resort products of any kind that are featured in the hotel packet.

To make it a little more convoluted - I took down the name on the mattress- Sealy Encore CSS Plush, which is different than what is listed in the packet. I have found both the Encore and the ones in the packet on-line at a variety of websites- so they are different Sealy models and still available. I also have the model number and have inquired with the companies and waiting for a response.

Finally to my question... the Encore CSS Plush also comes with a pillow top. I don't know if I didn't write this down or if it was not a pillow top. I can't remember what it looked like - should have taken a picture. We were BC CL- 5706. Can anyone tell me if they have an Encore mattress in their room and if it has a pillow top? The model number that I wrote down was #503156.

I know this is a bit crazy but hubby has a bad back and he really liked it - made his back feel great the whole week! Nothing we have found locally has seemed to do the trick after a lot of looking.

This is a longshot of a question.

I wonder if you would have any success by emailing IPO to see if they could find out for you. Or to contact one of the club level CMs that you met during your trip. Perhaps they could check with housekeeping to see what is in that room.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter