2013 Free Dining Watch

I'm on the wish list for late August 2013, which is traditionally the time Disney does the FD deals. As you can see by my sig, that's when we usually go, and we like the low crowds PLUS free dining - makes for a perfect Disney trip!

If we can get free dining, we may do a 10-day trip at Pop Century - arrive a few days before the FD promo starts (usually the last week of the month) for a room-only reservation and then do a reservation for the rest of the time incorporating the FD. I'm really interested in doing the QS package.

Free dining was open to UK residents earlier this year for 2013.

Taken from a TA website

Book by 10 July 2012, for stays on selected dates 01 January - 19 March 2013 & 07 April –08 December 2013*

I saw that too...Its actually on the Disney Blog as well...Makes me wish I lived in the UK!

I know it has been offered every year recently, but do you think that the Fantasyland expansion will keep Disney from needing to increase park attendance with the Free Dining Promotion in 2013? I will be planning my DD's 1st Disney trip and Free Dining would save us a lot of money. I am hoping it will be offered. Anyone have any insight?
Thank youpopcorn::

A) I'm sure that it will be offered in Fall 2013.

B) I know that it will not be offered in Fall 2013.

C) I'm in no position to know what will be offered in Fall 2013.

(This quiz will be half of your mid-term grade.)

;)

And I'm sure Disney doesn't even know if they'll be offering free dining a year from now. :)

OP, all any of us can say at this point is that they'll offer a discount if some resorts/room types aren't booking as well as they'd like, and they think a discount will encourage people to do it. Whether that'll be free dining or some other form of discount, no one here knows.

Sadly I dont even know if they are offering free dining or any type of discounts for Jan/Feb area of 2013......

Yes they will offer FD. WDW is addicted to discounts and the economy is still in the tank.

WDW doesn't offer free dining to keep people in the parks, they offer free dining to keep people in their resorts. Free dining is making them a fortune and has helped make previously very low crowd weeks into medium or higher crowd weeks. The calendar for school children and their families isn't going to change too drastically from year to year and that is what influences crowds and crowd seasons. I dont' see them ending the free dining promos anytime in the near future.

The parks don't have anything to do with it. It's about filling the resorts. Free dining is definitely the most effective discount they've ever come up with when it comes to getting guests to book a trip they wouldn't have taken otherwise, at a time that isn't the most popular, and pay full price for their rooms.

Lesleyluvsdisney said:
I've checked website this morning, as it's August 1st. No offer of FD

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

We changed our dates to first week in October...well 5th-12th so cross fingers for free dining that week....please please please.:worried:

I hope they offer it soon..I already booked (JAN '13) so I would get my preferred resort (CSR) so the only piece thats left is either FD or some other discount. I would never pay for a DP as I've done the math and it actually works out to be $100 more expensive for us to buy the plan versus just eating like we normally do and paying out of pocket. But FD would definitely broaden our dining choices to include some of the more expensive restaurants at WDW we would normally steer clear of.

Flights booked for late January! Waiting for FD dates to book The hotel (Pop is first choice with all stars as second as I believe LM rooms at AoA will continue to be left out of FD) as I'm afraid to have to split reservations (we arrive at Martin Luther king day for 14 nights, not sure if it will be blackout date for FD).

I am a DisBoard newbie, and haven't visited the parks in several years, can someone explain how free dining works? We are trying to plan a trip in the next 12-16 months and this would be a huge help to our planning!!

I am a DisBoard newbie, and haven't visited the parks in several years, can someone explain how free dining works? We are trying to plan a trip in the next 12-16 months and this would be a huge help to our planning!!

During the free dining promotion, if you purchase a WDW resort package including tickets (i.e. an onsite resort), you can add the Disney Dining Plan (DDP) for free, usually at moderates and deluxes, or the Quick Service Dining Plan (QSDP) for free, usually at values.
Guests at value resorts have the option of upgrading their QSDP to DDP by paying the difference in price of the plan.

This promotion is available if your CHECK-IN date falls within the promotions dates, and is normally good for up to 14 days. Usually there is a three day minimum stay with a minimum of 2 day base tickets, per person.

Amount of dining plan credits are based on nights of stay, per person.
Details of how the plan works can be found on Disney's website.

I'm joining in too - hoping for free dining in November and December next year :)

me too, me too.

with thanksgiving being so late I often wonder what that will do with Pop Warner, taping of the parade-- FREE dining.

i know Free Dining is NOT offered for the week of Pop Warner. Im so ready to book but now we have to wait to see what week.

Normally free dining is for a minimum 3 night stay, with 2 day park tickets. Good for up to, I believe, 14 night maximum.
They tend to advertise different combos, trying to suggest to potential guest what a good amount of days/nights are, but if you check out the real details, it's not limited to what they suggest.

If you are saying you thought the current Dec. sale (now available through 12/20) didn't apply to you because you are staying 5 nights, that is untrue. Call quickly!!!

here is the offer for this year: yes you need to stay 6 nights now for that offer
Enjoy a FREE dining plan with this great offer!

Get a FREE dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 6-night/7-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package at select Disney Resort hotels, for arrivals most nights:
Sept. 30 - Oct. 4, Oct. 19 - Nov. 1, Nov. 9 - 15, Nov. 23 - 29, Dec. 10 - 20
Book through September 29, 2012! The choice is yours:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter