(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know the refurb schedule for the pool? we are scheduled for may 1st and were just informed the pool may be closed at the vilas?

does anyone know the refurb schedule for the pool? we are scheduled for may 1st and were just informed the pool may be closed at the vilas?
Hmm us December people also got that notice. FYI :The courtyard pool and kid splash area will still be open .

Disney is vague with dates so it's hard to tell how long.

Hmm us December people also got that notice. FYI :The courtyard pool and kid splash area will still be open .

Disney is vague with dates so it's hard to tell how long.

Hmm is right. If they are sending that note to December and May people, that's a REALLY long refurb. Unless they have something more substantial up their sleeves.

I have not received an email for our December stay .. we are staying in the main building. This is our first stay at GF and not sure where this pool is located.

I have not received an email for our December stay .. we are staying in the main building. This is our first stay at GF and not sure where this pool is located.
The pool that will be closed for refurbishment is right next to the villas building. The closest pool to the main building is the Courtyard pool and that one will remain open. :)

We are arriving for a medical conference at the GF Nov 15th. From what I understand we have a garden view room. Can anyone suggest what the best building may be for a GV ? It doesn't matter to us if it's close to the food court or monorail, we would just like a room that may have been recently updated with a pretty view. Any help is appreciated.

We are arriving for a medical conference at the GF Nov 15th. From what I understand we have a garden view room. Can anyone suggest what the best building may be for a GV ? It doesn't matter to us if it's close to the food court or monorail, we would just like a room that may have been recently updated with a pretty view. Any help is appreciated.
They usually put conference people in the Sago building. I had heard that and it happened to us last year. One side faces marina and sugarloaf and the other a partial lagoon and monorail view . Really not too bad !

I just noticed this from the October Resort Experience Guide:

Intimate dining experience? Huh I never knew about that. Anybody try it? Looks fun!

View attachment 274594

I had heard about this from another Disser not sure if it was this thread or not. I was very interested and contacted the person in charge of it. This is a copy of the email. We chose to splurge on CL instead but I was very close to booking this. Of course these prices are subject to change.

Attached is the information and sample menu for our Intimate Experience.
This event is 2 hours long and is available for 2 to 4 guests. The cost is $125
per person plus a $100 charge for the Private Server.

The Intimate Dining menu is 5-courses, and includes a chef’s tasting (amuse
bouche) and dessert. Your menu items are selected the night of your dinner.
However, if you would like to start your evening with a toast, wine or cocktail,
please preorder that, otherwise you are welcome to order drinks throughout
your evening.

We offer two locations. Our 3rd floor outdoor balcony, which is the most
requested, overlooks our courtyard, the Seven Seas Lagoon and has limited
viewing of the fireworks. There are no Magic Kingdom views from this location.

If the weather is poor we will move you to our 5th floor indoor balcony.

This location offers a full view of the fireworks and Magic Kingdom castle,

and since it is indoors you are welcome to dance while enjoying our orchestra

and pianist.

Please note; we only offer one seating per evening. Guests can select their

own dress code and dining times. Though you are not in a restaurant, you

are in a hotel, so you may see other guests walk by and see or hear other

outdoor activities.

If you decide to reserve this experience, please call or email me with your

credit card information to book the date and time you would like. At that, time,

please include your guest’s names (first and last), any special occasions you are

celebrating, and any allergies. Upon receipt I will email you an estimated invoice

and details on where to meet your Butler.

You are welcome to order flowers or gifts from the Disney Florist at 407-827-3505.

We want you to know that we will always try to exceed your expectations and

make your dining experience as pleasant and magical as possible.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a grand day!

Pat Anderson, CPS

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
office - (8202) 407-824-1951 (Tuesday through Saturday)

Pager 407-441-5141
patricia.k.anderson@disney.com

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone!!

Quick question I am sure is here somewhere and I should know... Can you walk to the Wilderness Lodge from the GF? Making plans to have lunch at the WL, love the new outdoor bar/restaurant.

Thanks

Good Morning Everyone!!

Quick question I am sure is here somewhere and I should know... Can you walk to the Wilderness Lodge from the GF? Making plans to have lunch at the WL, love the new outdoor bar/restaurant.

Thanks

No, you can't walk. But you can take the monorail one stop from the GF to Magic Kingdom and then board a boat for Wilderness Lodge, which is a lovely ride. Sounds like a great afternoon!

Good Morning Everyone!!

Thanks

As pp's said, you cannot...although it would be a nice option ;).

Thanks for all the responses, I was hoping to work off some of the calories!!:drinking1

Maybe I'll walk to the Poly and take the monorail from there, but I am bound to stop for a dole whip so I am thinking that might not work.:rotfl2::rolleyes1

I had heard about this from another Disser not sure if it was this thread or not. I was very interested and contacted the person in charge of it. This is a copy of the email. We chose to splurge on CL instead but I was very close to booking this. Of course these prices are subject to change.

Attached is the information and sample menu for our Intimate Experience.
This event is 2 hours long and is available for 2 to 4 guests. The cost is $125
per person plus a $100 charge for the Private Server.

The Intimate Dining menu is 5-courses, and includes a chef’s tasting (amuse
bouche) and dessert. Your menu items are selected the night of your dinner.
However, if you would like to start your evening with a toast, wine or cocktail,
please preorder that, otherwise you are welcome to order drinks throughout
your evening.

We offer two locations. Our 3rd floor outdoor balcony, which is the most
requested, overlooks our courtyard, the Seven Seas Lagoon and has limited
viewing of the fireworks. There are no Magic Kingdom views from this location.

If the weather is poor we will move you to our 5th floor indoor balcony.

This location offers a full view of the fireworks and Magic Kingdom castle,

and since it is indoors you are welcome to dance while enjoying our orchestra

and pianist.

Please note; we only offer one seating per evening. Guests can select their

own dress code and dining times. Though you are not in a restaurant, you

are in a hotel, so you may see other guests walk by and see or hear other

outdoor activities.

If you decide to reserve this experience, please call or email me with your

credit card information to book the date and time you would like. At that, time,

please include your guest’s names (first and last), any special occasions you are

celebrating, and any allergies. Upon receipt I will email you an estimated invoice

and details on where to meet your Butler.

You are welcome to order flowers or gifts from the Disney Florist at 407-827-3505.

We want you to know that we will always try to exceed your expectations and

make your dining experience as pleasant and magical as possible.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a grand day!

Pat Anderson, CPS

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

office - (8202) 407-824-1951 (Tuesday through Saturday)

Pager 407-441-5141
patricia.k.anderson@disney.com
Oh thanks! That sounds like a nice splurge!

Thanks for all the responses, I was hoping to work off some of the calories!!:drinking1

Maybe I'll walk to the Poly and take the monorail from there, but I am bound to stop for a dole whip so I am thinking that might not work.:rotfl2::rolleyes1
I like to boat from gf or poly to mk. Then transfer to boat to wl from there. Or mono to cr and take boat from cr to wl. I visit wl often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter