(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

That extra space is nice, enjoy.

That space does look great. Another question, it sounds like one of my requests should be for a balcony......as some rooms in this category do not have them? Since we've never stayed here, I have no idea as to what building to request, so maybe balcony is really the only thing? It looks like all of the buildings could have pros and cons.

That space does look great. Another question, it sounds like one of my requests should be for a balcony......as some rooms in this category do not have them? Since we've never stayed here, I have no idea as to what building to request, so maybe balcony is really the only thing? It looks like all of the buildings could have pros and cons.
The only one without a balcony is the top floor.

grandfloridian005.jpg

See the white wall to the right of the octagon? That is the balcony for the deluxe rooms. See how the top floor does not have that space?

Honestly I have stayed in Sago and Boca Chica. Both are probably the furthest and not at all inconvenient. I would think just request a balcony unless there is something special you want. Boca, Big Pine and Conch all face the courtyard pool. Sago's faces the marina and Sugar Loaf if that matters . See pic.

6852595357_7c5fed28b7_z.jpg

The round turrets are the deluxe room rows.

Hello! I just booked our first stay at the GF from 11/27-11/30. We are going to be in an outer building TPV room, so I'm guessing Sago Cay or Conch Key? Will the trees be up in the lobby by 11/27? I see they have already started the gingerbread house, so I'm hoping the trees will be up by the time we get there!

Hello! I just booked our first stay at the GF from 11/27-11/30. We are going to be in an outer building TPV room, so I'm guessing Sago Cay or Conch Key? Will the trees be up in the lobby by 11/27? I see they have already started the gingerbread house, so I'm hoping the trees will be up by the time we get there!
Probably those with direct castle view. Boca Might too I just would need to check touringplans to see.

The resorts are pretty much decorated by Thanksgiving. I love the poinsettias and white deer outside.
Thank you!
Does anyone know if there is Keurig machines in the villas?
I would LOVE that.

I believe I answered this for you elsewhere earlier today. It is exciting to plan.

Lots of us going soon , woohoo!

November and December travelers:

I noticed in March and September that dining was available on the app even if they denied at the door. So try both if hungry lol.

Also the app is much faster for the quick serv restaurants(the app shows which, mostly do Cosmic Rays/MK)) . Order then when arrive hit the I'm here button. It will notify when food is ready and fetch at a window labeled for pickup. We had our meals consumed before others even got their food. The dads all in line while the moms amused the kiddos and we were DONE and DONE.

Christmas attire is welcomed. With all the decorations out you will see lots of Christmas sweaters, T's, purses and head gear. Why not get use out of that ugly sweater?

Everybody knows about the Gingerbread house but make a point to see the tree in the WL lobby. I like to bus from a park to WL then boat or bus to mk then boat from mk to GF. A quick trip and that tree is HUGE.

@TJA gave me a good tip: get your red and green MB's and swap the centers for a festive MB look:santa:

Anybody else have any holiday tips? Its snowing here today so I am getting in the mood.

I noticed in March and September that dining was available on the app even if they denied at the door. So try both if hungry lol.

Also the app is much faster for the quick serv restaurants(the app shows which, mostly do Cosmic Rays/MK)) . Order then when arrive hit the I'm here button. It will notify when food is ready and fetch at a window labeled for pickup. We had our meals consumed before others even got their food. The dads all in line while the moms amused the kiddos and we were DONE and DONE.

Christmas attire is welcomed. With all the decorations out you will see lots of Christmas sweaters, T's, purses and head gear. Why not get use out of that ugly sweater?

Everybody knows about the Gingerbread house but make a point to see the tree in the WL lobby. I like to bus from a park to WL then boat or bus to mk then boat from mk to GF. A quick trip and that tree is HUGE.

@TJA gave me a good tip: get your red and green MB's and swap the centers for a festive MB look:santa:

Anybody else have any holiday tips? Its snowing here today so I am getting in the mood.
It may be too hot during our trip dates to get sweaters out! I’ve been watching Acuweather. Maybe in the evenings for sweater but days are in 70’s.
We plan on hitting all the MK resorts. Start at Poly, monorail or walk to GF, monorail to CR then walk out the back to get WL boat! And of course Epcot resorts, also want to see AKL so have Dining adr for Boma. Would also like to check out Por resorts. Maybe on our DS day we will go to POR to see decorations then boat to DS!
It’s going to be fun! Not long now.

It may be too hot during our trip dates to get sweaters out! I’ve been watching Acuweather. Maybe in the evenings for sweater but days are in 70’s.
We plan on hitting all the MK resorts. Start at Poly, monorail or walk to GF, monorail to CR then walk out the back to get WL boat! And of course Epcot resorts, also want to see AKL so have Dining adr for Boma. Would also like to check out Por resorts. Maybe on our DS day we will go to POR to see decorations then boat to DS!
It’s going to be fun! Not long now.
After so many years of just missing each other this trip a dismeet needs to happen!

Probably those with direct castle view. Boca Might too I just would need to check touringplans to see.

The resorts are pretty much decorated by Thanksgiving. I love the poinsettias and white deer outside.

Thank you!

I believe I answered this for you elsewhere earlier today. It is exciting to plan.

Lots of us going soon , woohoo!
You did THANK YOU again for everything.

“I noticed in March and September that dining was available on the app even if they denied at the door. So try both if hungry lol.”

@trishadono
, at which restaurant/ location? TIA!!!

@Rachel GB
Your response got mixed in with mine lol. For Grand Cafe and Kona at poly I can usually find same day reservations. However since people cancel 24 hrs prior keep looking because times do show up for all of them.

I think that's what you asked but try again if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter