(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question- what is the benefit of this? Is it just to start "paying off" some of the trip ahead of time? Just curious. Also, anywhere you can buy Disney GS for less than face value and save even more $?

You get 5% off Disney gift cards, using your Target card, if purchased online (not sure if it still works in the store).

You may want to check Groupon. We were only Costco as well, but we got a Groupon for Sam's Club for free. It's really nice. You can buy $500 cards instead of $50 and $25s. It saves a ton of time trying to combine them. I had never been in a Sam's before, but I liked it. Ended up buying a few things while I was there.

I've never understood why ppl get so upset when disney has to refurb a resort or attraction like there is any good time? It's always going to be during someone's trip and there is no such thing as slow time anymore, I for one appreciate they keep everything beautiful and up to date. Otherwise ppl would complain about that too..lol

Feeling sad since coming home....posting a picture of the view from our room from our trip this month. Isn't this such an amazing view? Imagine waking up from your crib as a little child, to this view!!! And we were so lucky that they gave us this lagoon view room as a free upgrade. I had originally asked to face the pool with our garden view. I asked for a 2, 3 or 4th floor room (I did not want a dormer room) and I wound up getting a dormer room. I was really disappointed as the room seemed to be a few feet smaller than a non dormer and it was just too small with a crib in it (especially for a long stay)! Plus i wanted my little oneto be able to see out from the crib and the dormer rooms have obstructed railings. It was a blessing in disguise to ask for a room switch, because this was the perfect view, much more relaxing and soothing than the pool view. I still can't get it out my head how my older child cried when we had to leave, it was that amazing of a trip. I am struggling with the obsession that I NEED to be back soon, I can't get it out of my mind. There are things I still didn't get to do!!

Last edited:
Question- when it is time to make our room request, what do you recommend? We have a reservation for an Outer Building Theme Park view. Is it correct that the dormer rooms (5th floor?) are smaller? Should I put in my request "non-dormer room"? Also, anyone know the quietest outer building theme park view rooms? We will be there Thanksgiving week so definitely looking for quieter once we are back at resort since we know crowds will be astronomical all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter