(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful!!!!!!! Hope you had fun!!!

Had a blast!! Sorry we never made it over to WL! I was going to post to both you and @trishadono had we made it over, but we ran out of time!

We actually loved our LV room in Boca Chica quite a lot! I posted pics a few pages back. It seemed more like a TPV room, but I don't know how they categorize at GF. It was hard to leave that room, but RPC was amazing as well!

Hope you guys had fun too!

That’s great! Happy you had a good trip! I didn’t see Trish either :( Usually we run into each other at some point! You really lucked out with the room! Beautiful view!!! We ended up with a first floor CY view. Hate first floor, but honestly wasn’t in it enough to worry about it. I LOVE sunlight, and just don’t like having the curtains open when on 1st floor. They told us we’d have to wait till the following day for a higher floor!! Told her we’d take what she had available. Just booked our summer trip a couple days ago. Looks like we’re trying BW before heading to GF.

Thanks to everyone posting pics. Seeing the resort "dressed" for Christmas is truly magical

We are about to leave for the GF and would like to get some advice on room request. We have a TPV room in the main building and would like the 4th floor to be on the same level as the RPC . It’s my understanding that the only TPV rooms are 4401to 4409. If correct, can anyone with experience with those rooms offer an opinion on which room to request?

Our favorite RPC TPV view is from room 4404, of course we haven't stayed in a TPV since they made it a bookable category

Has been more crowded since they started offering free dining during this week. I still enjoy it (even though I froze my butt off the past couple days!!!) Can’t beat being surrounded by everything Christmas!!! We leave tomorrow!
Hope you're staying warm! We were there in December 2010 and it was colder there in Orlando than it was here in Pennsylvania

We are staying at GF 12/24-1/4 for CME convention, when I get my reservations they said that convention rooms are run of the house, but being as there are so cheap they generally fill standard rooms in Sago. She asked if I had preference between buildings and I said I would really want to be in Main building, but that I know hey are standard, She says she couldn't guarantee, but it is certainly possible. I am highly dubious given length of stay and busiest time of year, but hoping for the best..lol Anybody here get to stay in Main building at convention rates?

Hi, all! Love, love, love reading all of the posts here! So excited to be returning to GF this April! We stayed there for the last night of our vacation in July in the RPC and feel in love! I may have squealed with delight when we got to our room and saw that we had received some Pixie Dust in the form of an upgrade to a Deluxe Queen room.:mickeyjum We are booked in a standard SL CL room from April 2-8. Our kids (DS16 and DD 14) do not know we are staying here...trying really, really hard to keep it a surprise! We are arriving late on April 1, so we are staying at POP for the night, then moving over to GF SL on April 2. My DH and I are doing our first RunDisney race as well, the Star Wars half.:chewy: Super excited!

At least you were just there. I have 6 more months to go :(

Aww I know, it's hard to wait! I have Easter booked there but just in a garden view room because my DD's want to do the dining plan, so staying CL combined with that is just too much food for us. However, being that I just had a lagoon view room and fell in love with the view, I am thinking of upgrading our room to that! I might even do something like split the stay with part LV room + DDP, and then move to RPC without DDP. Either way.... :cloud9:

Hi, all! Love, love, love reading all of the posts here! So excited to be returning to GF this April! We stayed there for the last night of our vacation in July in the RPC and feel in love! I may have squealed with delight when we got to our room and saw that we had received some Pixie Dust in the form of an upgrade to a Deluxe Queen room.:mickeyjum We are booked in a standard SL CL room from April 2-8. Our kids (DS16 and DD 14) do not know we are staying here...trying really, really hard to keep it a surprise! We are arriving late on April 1, so we are staying at POP for the night, then moving over to GF SL on April 2. My DH and I are doing our first RunDisney race as well, the Star Wars half.:chewy: Super excited!

Exciting!! Congrats - we LOVE the GF. Just got back last weekend and am missing it SO, so, so much.

I must admit I keep looking at my pics longingly wishing we were still there!

I'm still doing that from my Oct trip...lol. I got back 10/29, but that seems soooo long ago! :(

Just booked our summer trip a couple days ago. Looks like we’re trying BW before heading to GF.

How exciting!! I've been looking at dates for a summer trip as well as a quick trip next December, but haven't booked anything yet. Love your split, it's the best of both worlds! I had my first stay at BWI this past June and loved it! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Seeing the resort "dressed" for Christmas is truly magical

I agree! :santa:

So beautiful. I just love it there.

Agree! :cloud9:

We are staying at GF 12/24-1/4 for CME convention, when I get my reservations they said that convention rooms are run of the house, but being as there are so cheap they generally fill standard rooms in Sago. She asked if I had preference between buildings and I said I would really want to be in Main building, but that I know hey are standard, She says she couldn't guarantee, but it is certainly possible. I am highly dubious given length of stay and busiest time of year, but hoping for the best..lol Anybody here get to stay in Main building at convention rates?

I've never heard of anyone getting upgraded to main building CL/RPC for a convention, but I guess anything can happen ;).

Sounds like a great trip! Enjoy the rest of your planning :).

At least you were just there. I have 6 more months to go :(

The time will go fast and you will be back at Disney before you know it! ::yes::

Aww I know, it's hard to wait! I have Easter booked there but just in a garden view room because my DD's want to do the dining plan, so staying CL combined with that is just too much food for us. However, being that I just had a lagoon view room and fell in love with the view, I am thinking of upgrading our room to that! I might even do something like split the stay with part LV room + DDP, and then move to RPC without DDP. Either way.... :cloud9:

I don’t think you can go wrong either way!! I definitely wouldn’t do CL and a DDP at the same time!!!
I enjoy eating out every day, but it is a lot of food. I honestly ate meat in some form every day this trip, unintentionally. Thank goodness for all that walking!!!!!!

Reactions: TJA
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter