2015 anyone??

teddykins

Happily in love :)
Only a year away I can't be the only one planning for a 2015 visit this early.. right??? Looking at a week at DL, 3/4 night cruise with my favourites the Backstreet Boys (yes, again), 6 nights at Universal for Potter 2.0 then 8/9 nights at WDW if we can swing it budget wise so about a month or so in the US and my parents are looking at joining us for DL (their first OS trip) so if plans stay as they are it's going to be a greeeeat trip. Meanwhile for the rest of the year I shall be sitting here :surfweb: because we're waiting for the BSB cruise dates which won't be announced until around Christmas :badpc:

Also on the subject of DL, the dining plans are confusing.. to eat a goofy's you need the premium but do you need BOTH prem and character to do chip and dale and goofy's or does the premium cover all of the dining locations??

We are planning 2015 as well it's a big year for us and will be the last of our big trips away it will be then time to do shorter trips and pay the mortgage down :rolleyes2 We are doing the Anzac 100 year Anniversary cruise in March to Europe and 10 days in Europe at the end of that and then 2 weeks in the USA in August to go to the Knoxville Nationals and if the budget allows which is highly unlikely but I can hope a DCL Alaska cruise. :)

My 2014 plans have gone out the window due to my extraordinary chiro expenses over the last few months so I'm also starting to plan 2015. This will be my first non-solo trip so a new experience having to plan for my mum, brother and SIL too. Disney is not the primary focus but as it's Disneylands 60th year there is no way I'm not going! I think we're looking at Nov/Dec and I'm just itching to get started on plans!

My 2014 plans have gone out the window due to my extraordinary chiro expenses over the last few months so I'm also starting to plan 2015. This will be my first non-solo trip so a new experience having to plan for my mum, brother and SIL too. Disney is not the primary focus but as it's Disneylands 60th year there is no way I'm not going! I think we're looking at Nov/Dec and I'm just itching to get started on plans!

How could I forget that we were there for Disneyland's 55th I plan on being there for the 60th as well :)
That doesn't sound good about the Chiro I hope it's all sorted for you now.

We are planning 2015 as well it's a big year for us and will be the last of our big trips away it will be then time to do shorter trips and pay the mortgage down :rolleyes2 We are doing the Anzac 100 year Anniversary cruise in March to Europe and 10 days in Europe at the end of that and then 2 weeks in the USA in August to go to the Knoxville Nationals and if the budget allows which is highly unlikely but I can hope a DCL Alaska cruise. :)

Always some sort of bill that needs to be paid :( Jealous of the cruise, we were looking at doing that but it wasn't in our budget. Your trip sounds amazing though!! We're thinking of hitting a cruise for 2017 - I'd love to visit Alaska but not sure I could handle the cold (Melbourne is cold enough for me haha)

Ouch sorry to hear you've had to reschedule the trip :( on the plus though at least you can still go!! I couldn't imagine doing Disney on my own I found this sort of stuff more better with other people although the planning is certainly harder! I'm hoping the planning for 6 people doesn't give me TOO many headaches :duck: At the moment the biggest issue is trying to find a hotel that can sleep 6 people, was looking at the camelot inn but trip advisor reviews seem nasty.

Had no idea 2015 will be their 60th birthday, do they do much to celebrate near the end of the year?? What a good year to go :thumbsup2

The chiro appts are now only once a week (was three!) and my health insurance has kicked back in so my account will soon look healthy again!

If the 60th is anything like the 50th there'll be plenty going on all year, I went in December 2005 and there was plenty of merchandise etc - I have my gold mouse ears on the wall still - and lots of celebrating. I imagine they'll make it a year long thing in 2015.

If I'm lucky I'll get a few days in WDW too. The main reason for the trip is for my brother to meet my new SILs extended family (she is from Atlanta) and then to take them all to a few different cities- my mum has never been to the US, my brother has never been out of Australia and my SIL has never really travelled in her own country. They were nervous about going on their own so asked me to organise it all and go with them. I'm thinking if the others want to have a few days in Atlanta I could always take mum to WDW for a few days then go back to get them before heading elsewhere.

We are also hoping to do Anzac Day in Gallipoli in 2015, we have put in for the ballot and chosen a tour we want to do, now it is just wait and see. We plan to do the northern lights at the end of March, then have 10days in Europe somewhere prior to heading to turkey then after Anzac Day I plan to fly from Istanbul to WDW, at this stage we hope DD will be chosen again to compete at the cheer world championships in WDW at the end of April. Another big trip in the planning. ::yes::

Another 2015 planner here too! I have been planning to visit DL for its 60th Anniversary since I went to the 50th:) I too am hoping they will celebrate it in a similar way, with extra parades, fireworks every night and the daily dedication to Walt.

We are also hoping to do Anzac Day in Gallipoli in 2015, we have put in for the ballot and chosen a tour we want to do, now it is just wait and see. We plan to do the northern lights at the end of March, then have 10days in Europe somewhere prior to heading to turkey then after Anzac Day I plan to fly from Istanbul to WDW, at this stage we hope DD will be chosen again to compete at the cheer world championships in WDW at the end of April. Another big trip in the planning. ::yes::

Good luck with the ballot, it's not really in our budget either it's ridiculously overpriced but we were already to far committed before I realised how overinflated the price was now it's a case of suck it up and make the most it :lmao: luckily we have an inside cabin although I am extremely nervous about that and having 4 of us in the one inside cabin for that many days :eek: but I am sure we will be that busy it will be fine, we are very much looking forward to the history of the cruise. I'm still considering a stop over in Iceland on our way to Europe this year but our chances of seeing the northern lights are next to none.

Sounds like some great trips will be had in 2015. The cruise seems over priced but then I suppose when you look at what it is actually for it's not like you can go on that cruise again, good luck in the ballot hope you get what you want :)

I really should learn to keep my big mouth shut because it's only going to cause me more headaches very soon, last night I made the comment about my sister joining us on the trip (she was staying home) so now we're up to 7 people and will be needing 2 rooms for DL - is it better to ring the reservation line or if I do it online will our rooms be next door to each other/close because they're under the same name? So much easier to plan a trip for 2, I don't know how you all do it!!

We're hoping that by late 2015, ShangHai Disneyland will be open and that our finances will have recovered enough for us to go.

I'm also hoping for an alaskan cruise mid 2015 but that is looking highly unlikely unfortunately. DH is keen to consolidate so he isn't keen. Sigh...

We're hoping that by late 2015, ShangHai Disneyland will be open and that our finances will have recovered enough for us to go.

I'm also hoping for an alaskan cruise mid 2015 but that is looking highly unlikely unfortunately. DH is keen to consolidate so he isn't keen. Sigh...

Shanghai Disneyland looks like it will be amazing!!! I love how they are doing a whole Chinese theme with the Cherry Blossom trees and the big castle you can actually explore the inside of. My husband is HK born so I am sure the next time we visit HK, we will pop over to Shanghai and check it out :)

Good luck with the ballot, it's not really in our budget either it's ridiculously overpriced but we were already to far committed before I realised how overinflated the price was now it's a case of suck it up and make the most it :lmao: luckily we have an inside cabin although I am extremely nervous about that and having 4 of us in the one inside cabin for that many days :eek: but I am sure we will be that busy it will be fine, we are very much looking forward to the history of the cruise. I'm still considering a stop over in Iceland on our way to Europe this year but our chances of seeing the northern lights are next to none.
We looked at the cruise, but DH thought he would get sick of looking at me:rotfl:
I love to cruise so would have loved to do it, but agree it is overpiced but a once in a lifetime opportunity, that's exactly why we want to do Gallipoli in 2015, 100years wont come around again my lifetime, ;)
When are you off to Europe this year??

I am also aiming for a Shanghai trip in 2015! Hopefully combined with a couple of weeks exploring China :thumbsup2

It's not really Disney related, but would also LOVE to go to Madagascar. Don't think it will happen then though, we'll be recovering from this year's travel :crazy2:

I'm hoping to fit taht in somewhere along the next 2 years as well :scratchin

We looked at the cruise, but DH thought he would get sick of looking at me:rotfl:
I love to cruise so would have loved to do it, but agree it is overpiced but a once in a lifetime opportunity, that's exactly why we want to do Gallipoli in 2015, 100years wont come around again my lifetime, ;)
When are you off to Europe this year??

That's why we booked it I need to keep remembering that instead of comparing it to a Disney cruise :thumbsup2

We are going to the USA in August then flying across to Europe about the 20th will do 4 nights at DLP 2 in London, 1 in Barcelona then we are doing a 7 night DCL Med cruise then the transalantic back to San Juan flying back to LA then home it's a pretty good trip for a year we were meant to be staying home because we are building a house :lmao:

I'm hoping to fit taht in somewhere along the next 2 years as well :scratchin

That's why we booked it I need to keep remembering that instead of comparing it to a Disney cruise :thumbsup2

We are going to the USA in August then flying across to Europe about the 20th will do 4 nights at DLP 2 in London, 1 in Barcelona then we are doing a 7 night DCL Med cruise then the transalantic back to San Juan flying back to LA then home it's a pretty good trip for a year we were meant to be staying home because we are building a house :lmao:
Haha you sound like me, we built a home 2011/2012, since we started building we have done an Africa/Europe trip, disneyworld, Thailand and Central America, and we were meant to be saving money!!
Now the house has all finished including the landscaping etc I can concentrate on more trips cause I haven't done enough :rotfl2:

All of your wonderful plans are making me very envious. Especially the cruise to Alaska which is pretty much the top of my wishlist right now.

We have 2 trips planned for this year - a NZ South Island Road Trip, and the Disneyland one - but that will most likely be it for quite a long time. We've had far too many other priorities on hold and even I'm beginning to realise that my travel obsession is getting in the way of some of our other goals. Sigh... why can't I be addicted to something decidedly cheaper such as knitting or tennis.

I'm in planning too...planning the 2015 transatlantic with 4 days at WDW before and 2 weeks in the UK afterwards...just waiting for the release dates to book...woot!!!!

Nothing set in stone but my plan is to visit either DL with my dad or WDW with my best friend in 2015. My dad and I were meant to go to DL last year but then we both caught the flu (a few days before our flight home so it wasn't worth the risk!). So for his birthday this year I'm going to make him an IOU for a 3 day ticket, and then he can decide when he wants to cash it in! And for the other option, my best friend lives in Atlanta and our plan is to drive down to Orlando from there and visit WDW and WWoHP. Her sister lives in Orlando and we could stay there but with everything that's happening with FP+, I'd rather just stay onsite. I wish I had a trip booked for this year though!

Well my bestie wants to jet off to Miami in October for this years BSB Cruise, just the two of us. I'm trying to convince her that the money we'd use we could use next year and have an even better trip but she is adamant to have a "just us" trip :sad2: It's doable money wise, I just think we could use that $6000 to do more things next year how ever I can see her point of view; she was meant to come with us last year and next year was meant to be just me and her before I opened my big mouth and invited more people.. so do I owe her a solo trip?? Ugh. Caught between a rock and a hard place :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter