2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same stuff. Looks like they may back it up to around Aug 1....but the key date is the November 5 end date. At least the October folks have something to look forward to.
But no October FD :sad:

Me: Disney, Level with me is there a chance for October Free Dining

Disney: I wouldn't give you October Free Dining unless you were the last person on earth
Me: SO you're saying there's a chance! :yay:

One of the blogs I've been reading (http://www.travelandleisure.com/) recommended this for the Frozen ride:

"Breakfast? When dinner is ~20% more expensive and the #3 restaurant on the Best Values on the Disney Dining Plan list? What gives?! Well, here’s where that “other” variable comes into play, and it’s a big one. When ‘Frozen Ever After’ opens this summer, FastPass+ for it will be a veritable Golden Ticket. Just getting one in the first place might be a challenge, and what happens when your kids want to do the attraction twice? Wait 2+ hours in standby? Well, hopefully, if you make an ADR for breakfast at Akershus an hour before park opening, you’ll be in prime position to do Frozen Ever After once via standby with no wait, and then use your FastPass+ for a second ride. We’ll have a better idea whether this strategy will work (it should) once the attraction actually opens, but for now, it’s a really smart ADR to make."

I don't know if it will work but I just finished reading it and I thought I'd share.

Good luck! :goofy::tinker:

^^This ASSUMING they will have the ride open and running when the restaurant is open...otherwise they might wait and open the ride when the rest of the world showcase opens (at 11am). And you are not guaranteed to be given a ride before it actually "opens". No one really knows how this ride will work and be a high demand ride in the world showcase when it doesn't open with future world. Unfortunately we will not know until the ride is open. Doesn't hurt to go ahead and get early reservations if at all possible, then once we know how the ride works keep the ADR or throw it out (if that is your sole purpose of the ADR).

Ok, so I've read about this and it's still kinda fuzzy for me. Can you explain how it works? Because, we do in fact have a baby of our very own, so we wouldn't even have to borrow one from a stranger!!
When you get to a ride with a height requirement you ask cm for a rider swap pass they give you a ticket and whoever goes through the regular/fp line while someone stays with baby. When the people who road the ride come off the person who stayed with baby and 2 other people can now use the ticket to ride the ride and you go through the fp line.

Same stuff. Looks like they may back it up to around Aug 1....but the key date is the November 5 end date. At least the October folks have something to look forward to.

Regarding POR, it will be available, if not the entire time, then at least for partial dates. I would look for that one to be very limited though. So if you're looking for it, better get on it fast.

Also remember, they tend to open up rooms as time goes on, so if something is sold out, it could become available in the days ahead.
I was thinking about going to sleep and waiting for a RO for POR for the middle of November but I might have to join the party and stay up and check!party: Thank-you Black for the advice to not believe rumours until it is officially released! If I hadn't listened to you I might be asleep right now and have no chance if POR is included!

When you get to a ride with a height requirement you ask cm for a rider swap pass they give you a ticket and whoever goes through the regular/fp line while someone stays with baby. When the people who road the ride come off the person who stayed with baby and 2 other people can now use the ticket to ride the ride and you go through the fp line.
We re going to try this for the first time this trip! I think I have dh talked into riding a few things ( he's so not a thrill ride fan) and mil and him will switch with the baby.

I've heard different things about this... we have 3 girls that aren't really into fast rides, roller coasters, or any fun rides (lol)... but they are probably tall enough for most, if not all of them. Can we still ride swap? Or no because they meet the height requirement. We may just do rides with single rider lines...

Thanks we will be there same time as well. I'll take heat over crowds hope we picked a good week!

I'm with you on that. Would definitely rather have heat then massive crowds. Hoping that week is too bad on crowds! I was able to get into BOG dinner for 4 people for 9/16 just yesterday. Hoping that's a good sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter