2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some places, yes. BOG no way. Plus, August and early September are a lot better than late September on to find ADRs.
That's why I love going the second week of September. I had no problem getting the adrs I wanted. Even a bog dinner at 6:30pm. I was very shocked about that one.

Glad I'm not the only one with this crazy idea! I have to say that telling him only a few hours before you leave is AWESOME! Guys really don't need much notice. Give me a bar of soap and a toothbrush and I could pretty much go anywhere for a week. On the other hand, I think my wife would totally freak out if I only gave her a few hours notice.

I totally hear you on the "saving for years" thing. We're both involved in the finances so it's kinda hard to hide $5k. I've been slowly stashing away $ a little at a time.

So excited for you! Hope your reveal goes exactly as planned!

Thank you!!!! I'm such a planner that if it were to happen to me I'd be excited but worried but given an hour to pack i'd have everything ready.

Im gonna have his bag packed ready to go for when he gets home from work lol, was initially driving down but would be hard to cross the border without having to tell the officers the plan without spoiling, now possibly flying out of Buffalo. I'm also back in school so timeline is limited to flying would take stress of having to drive 22hrs

That's why I love going the second week of September. I had no problem getting the adrs I wanted. Even a bog dinner at 6:30pm. I was very shocked about that one.
I am also going the second week of september (10 thru 17) and have pretty much been able to get evrything I wanted EXCEPT dinner at Ohana...which makes me very sad!!! I tried just slightly past the 180 day mark and the only options it gave me were for 940 or later and thats just not doable with small kids. I tried to call and even the reservation lady sounded surprised that they were already so booked....i hope something comes available...im going to keep checking!

Glad I'm not the only one with this crazy idea! I have to say that telling him only a few hours before you leave is AWESOME! Guys really don't need much notice. Give me a bar of soap and a toothbrush and I could pretty much go anywhere for a week. On the other hand, I think my wife would totally freak out if I only gave her a few hours notice.

I totally hear you on the "saving for years" thing. We're both involved in the finances so it's kinda hard to hide $5k. I've been slowly stashing away $ a little at a time.

So excited for you! Hope your reveal goes exactly as planned!
I pack a month in advance and write list after list to make sure I have everything.

Has there been any speculation as to which resorts will be excluded? We are hoping for a Royal Guest Room at POR in late September, just curious if there's any hope we will get our FD with it...?

I am also going the second week of september (10 thru 17) and have pretty much been able to get evrything I wanted EXCEPT dinner at Ohana...which makes me very sad!!! I tried just slightly past the 180 day mark and the only options it gave me were for 940 or later and thats just not doable with small kids. I tried to call and even the reservation lady sounded surprised that they were already so booked....i hope something comes available...im going to keep checking!
Keep checking, many people start canceling when it gets closer to their trips. That was one of the first reservations I grabbed. Was able to get a dinner reservation on 9/11 for 6:10 pm. Maybe it was easier because there are only two of us going.

Has there been any speculation as to which resorts will be excluded? We are hoping for a Royal Guest Room at POR in late September, just curious if there's any hope we will get our FD with it...?
That would have been available with last year's promotion, so here's hoping!

I've seen people reference it but haven't seen complete confirmation so:

My mom and I just decided a week ago to go for her birthday in September. Our dates are set in stone and we will travel regardless of discount. However, I've put off booking our trip until FD is announced just to avoid having to spend forever on the phone to see if I can have it applied. A few times people have mentioned being able to modify through the website. Is this an option now? Last time I traveled (January 2015), this wasn't an option. If it is, I'm just going to book today. I just hate the idea of being impatient about booking and then having to spend an hour plus on the phone to see if it could even be applied.

I would check again. We are going the second week too, the same time period and last night it appeared it may have been there.

I think the problem is with people booking three different rooms or more to get the room they want and then dumping once they get the free dining. I think that is what the main gripe is.
Well that is ridiculous! I never even thought of that! Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter