2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are we waiting for Monday now?

Well I guess it could happen anytime, but Monday was the original rumored date. So it seems that for most of us that's the next "slumber party" here on the Free Dining thread. I'm sure some of us will be checking randomly until then but possibly sleeping slightly more.

Even tho we've taken advantage of FD several times, I "missed out on the fun" (sarcasm) of last year. Good to hear your positive experience after hearing about so many nightmares. My question is: If it happens in the middle of the night (wee hours of morning) how will we know the promo has "dropped". Where should we look? I plan on setting my alarm for several times during the night Sun/Mon. My sleepy brain will not be functioning well as it is, so I'd better have definite plans of how to pull this off. Thanks!

On the first screen on the Disney site, click on Special Offers (towards the bottom of the page). When it drops it will show up there.

Even tho we've taken advantage of FD several times, I "missed out on the fun" (sarcasm) of last year. Good to hear your positive experience after hearing about so many nightmares. My question is: If it happens in the middle of the night (wee hours of morning) how will we know the promo has "dropped". Where should we look? I plan on setting my alarm for several times during the night Sun/Mon. My sleepy brain will not be functioning well as it is, so I'd better have definite plans of how to pull this off. Thanks!

It's on the WDW website. Scroll to the bottom and click on 'Special Offers' in the left-hand column. Try to find it now while you are awake ;)

Regarding the November dates you mention, we were there on almost those exact dates last year and it was quite crowded. Touring Plans crowd calendar shows fairly low crowds for that period, as they did last year. However, their predicted low crowds ended up being much higher. I'm sure free dining during that period of time had a lot to do with the increased crowds! September definitely has the lower crowds but the weather in November is much better :-)

We went same time, always this week or the next. Crowds are not high, they are pretty low. Not sure why people keep saying its crowded in November....longest wait for rides was 30minutes for headliners.

June and July are crowded

So what does everyone think the best week in Sept is? How do you think crowds will be Sept 17-24?

We were there the 3rd week in Sept 2014 & we swore we'd never do it again due to the crazy and abnormally rude crowds. But... here I am, considering it again! :)

We are still flexible because we haven't booked our flights yet but we would like to go in September what's the best time? We were planning on 13-19

Well I guess it could happen anytime, but Monday was the original rumored date. So it seems that for most of us that's the next "slumber party" here on the Free Dining thread. I'm sure some of us will be checking randomly until then but possibly sleeping slightly more.

Had my eyelids propped up with toothpicks all day:cool: It really is amazing that there are so many FD devotees on here.

On the first screen on the Disney site, click on Special Offers (towards the bottom of the page). When it drops it will show up there.

So what does everyone think the best week in Sept is? How do you think crowds will be Sept 17-24?

We were there the 3rd week in Sept 2014 & we swore we'd never do it again due to the crazy and abnormally rude crowds. But... here I am, considering it again! :)

I am surprised the crowds were like that. I've gone nearly every month except September, but the crowd calendars always show it to be one of the least crowded months. You want crazy... go in summer. :)

I've been keeping an eye on SW flights, we had some credits to use up by end of October. Found our flight coming back for $92 each-that's down $57 dollars from $149 each, so I jumped on those and saved $114!! Doing the happy dance about that :banana::banana::banana:

I'll be here with the rest of you Sunday night :surfweb: waiting for the deal to drop. C'mon FD :wizard:!!!

We went from the 4th to the 12th last year in sept. It wasn't too bad, but it was Memorial weekend. Should be interesting this year. We are leaving on the 8th and coming back on 17th.

I'm assuming that you were able to keep your original resort and dates? We're currently booked for POFQ, but with it being excluded last year I bet it will be this year, too. I have a Plan B (CSR), but am curious if I will be able to change resorts online?
Yes, was able to keep everything the same. We were booked for AoA, cars suite, and it was in the "rumored included" resorts for free dining. We are a family of 7 (with our youngest being 2 at the time of our trip) so we were able to stay in a suite. I'm not sure how that would work for you if you have to actually change your resort (as in not sure if the modify option works for that type of change!)

makes me wonder how long there will be a Chase Disney Visa. the rewards are not that great and with no advance booking 2 years in a row (if that is how it plays out)... I will have close to $500 in rewards by the time we vacation but most of that was a sign up bonus.

You are so right, no perks anymore. This is the only credit card I have, I charge and I pay it off to get points. Not so sure that is even worth it anymore. I may be canceling mine.

Honestly, I woke up, grabbed my phone and pulled up the Disboards free dining thread to the last page and saw people commenting that it was live. That was how I knew. I would go straight to this thread and believe me, people will start posting on here once they are able to book it!

Can someone please help with pricing IF free dining is offered? It will be one adult and 3 children that are 13 years old. So 4 adults.
Currently have booked POFQ from 8/23 to 8/31 Standard Room with 6 day park hoppers for $3051.20 from the special offer I received in email a few months ago.

I really want POFQ but know that it will be excluded. So when looking at prices online and trying to figure out what to expect I am seeing Coronado in Business Class for $252 a night with no specials and figuring the cost to be $4079.84 for 6 day hoppers and free dining. Does that seem right?

For Port Orleans Riverside I am coming up with 6 days with park hoppers for $3798.62 with free dining.

If given the option I do not want hoppers, but that was required in the past right? I never did free dining before and last time we went was over 3 years ago and paid for dining.

Thanks,
Chrissy

Can someone please help with pricing IF free dining is offered? It will be one adult and 3 children that are 13 years old. So 4 adults.
Currently have booked POFQ from 8/23 to 8/31 Standard Room with 6 day park hoppers for $3051.20 from the special offer I received in email a few months ago.

I really want POFQ but know that it will be excluded. So when looking at prices online and trying to figure out what to expect I am seeing Coronado in Business Class for $252 a night with no specials and figuring the cost to be $4079.84 for 6 day hoppers and free dining. Does that seem right?

For Port Orleans Riverside I am coming up with 6 days with park hoppers for $3798.62 with free dining.

If given the option I do not want hoppers, but that was required in the past right? I never did free dining before and last time we went was over 3 years ago and paid for dining.

Thanks,
Chrissy
Honestly. I can only speak about the park hoppers, I tried one year, without the park hopper and I would say it was fun but hard to spend the whole day at a few parks. Last year did park hopper and my brother and I agree will always get park hopper for DW. Disney land not really needed but there are some parks that oare only half day parks.

Same days!!! We went a week later this year to a avoid the Jersey/Vets/End of F@W possible crush
Last year we went Oct30-Nov7 and it was so hot, unusual for that time of year. It wasn't too crowded, except Epcot was crazy! ADR's were also a nightmare for that week! (Maybe because of Jersey week?) We thought we would try later in November in hopes it's cooler!

Thanks,
Chrissy
I'm pretty sure last year you had to pick either the park hopper or fun and more option to get free dining.

I am surprised the crowds were like that. I've gone nearly every month except September, but the crowd calendars always show it to be one of the least crowded months. You want crazy... go in summer. :)
Yes- we've done June & July a few times and barely lived to tell the story. Haha!! But honestly, that week was about the same in numbers as July!! And absolutely hostile crowds in the Magic Kingdom especially. Hoping this Sept will be different. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter