2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh! I'm planning a fall trip for us and the two sets of grandparents. We're hoping to fall into that sweet time when it's free dining and Food + Wine. I'm skeptically hopeful they'll still be some sort of deal. Either that or I'm hoping for a free dining PIN. I've received two last year (of course the year we didn't go).

We hope to! I have been trying to research how to make Grand Gatherings reservations but I haven't found solid answers yet. Any advice? We'd like to meet up for our TS meals and probably do the same parks each day, but not stay together all day.

Grand Gatherings are not offered like they used to be. We have been a couple times with a group of 19. Chrystal palace and Biergarten were great to work with. The rest of the trip, I made reservation "pods", breaking us into groups of 6, and we ate with different parts of our family different times. We met up several time for CS. It was a blast, but lots of work!!

FD used to come out March/April when I used to book it. Last time I took advantage of it was in 2014 and I think it had come out in May 2014, but I can't remember.
Last year it was last week of April. I want to say 25th.

Oh say it ain't so!!!!:sad2: Honestly the only way my family can stay on-site is with FD. DH and the kids insist on the DDP, but if there isn't a discount, then our much anticipated trip in November may not happen.:sad:
Same here. We are planning on November, but without free dining, we will stay offsite.

I'm hoping for late August free dining. Question - if I book for the week of August 29 through September 2, what happens if they announce that free dining begins August 31 as an example? I remember reading something about how only part of your trip has to overlap with the promotion, but of course I can't remember the specifics.

I'm hoping for late August free dining. Question - if I book for the week of August 29 through September 2, what happens if they announce that free dining begins August 31 as an example? I remember reading something about how only part of your trip has to overlap with the promotion, but of course I can't remember the specifics.

You would have to make two reservations - 8/29-8/31 & 8/31-9/2. Your check in date must fall within the free dining period to have it qualify for the entire trip. You can't check in before the promo begins and get it for the whole trip hence the need for two reservations.

Will be getting married Early November, so hoping for free dining during that time for our honeymoon!

You would have to make two reservations - 8/29-8/31 & 8/31-9/2. Your check in date must fall within the free dining period to have it qualify for the entire trip. You can't check in before the promo begins and get it for the whole trip hence the need for two reservations.

Just to further clarify, you would NOT have free dining on the 29-31 reservation and would have to do meals OOP or buy the plan. You WOULD have free dining starting on the 31st until midnight of the 2nd.

I have already have bounce back for free dining at POR for September.
Do you remember what weeks they offered BB? this may give us an idea of when it may be offered to public, was it for the whole month?

Do you remember what weeks they offered BB? this may give us an idea of when it may be offered to public, was it for the whole month?

It was for a week at the end of May beginning of June and for the month of September.

Subscribing!!

Looking for a deal late Oct / Early Nov.

We look advantage of this time period with Free Dining in 2014, had to arrive by Nov 1st, if I recall correctly. It was the best trip we have had with the overlap of Halloween and Christmas!!

We booked a bounceback for fd in Aug, 2015. We check in Friday 8/26, it was the first day of free dining with the bounceback, so I am assuming that if free dining is offered, this is when it will start. Hopefully.

I believe it was 8/26 thru 9/30. I don't think it went into Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter