2017 Holidays at Disney World: What's New & What's Returning

Where will Santa be at DS? Any idea if there is a long wait? TIA!

He will!

DS did a really cool and innovative thing last year. They had this system where you can reserve your spot in line, go shop, and then you'd be notified via text when it was your turn to meet Santa.

He will!

DS did a really cool and innovative thing last year. They had this system where you can reserve your spot in line, go shop, and then you'd be notified via text when it was your turn to meet Santa.

That's awesome! Thanks so much for the info. We'll be there on Dec 7th for dinner and might just have to squeeze in a visit!

My understanding is that after that date many of the Christmas party offerings are daily shows/parades at Magic Kingdom. I am assuming they switch due to the large number of people there after the 22nd. But that is just a guess on my part.
Sounds like an educated guess to me :).
We will arrive @ DW on Dec 22nd and it's been decided that the extra 120 odd dollars per person for MVMCP is not worth our attending to basically get "free" snacks. As well no one in my party currently has an interest in character meets which sealed the decision. We'll relax after our travel by lolling around the resort's pool and eating @ Disney Springs.

Where will Santa be at DS? Any idea if there is a long wait? TIA!
Lines can get pretty long. But you get a pager and can wonder around Disney Springs and Disney will page you when your turn to enter the line is approaching.

My understanding is that after that date many of the Christmas party offerings are daily shows/parades at Magic Kingdom. I am assuming they switch due to the large number of people there after the 22nd. But that is just a guess on my part.

This has to be it. I imagine it would be disastrous to try and run MK with such limited operating hours during the busiest time of the entire year.

Thanks for putting all this on one thread!

Question about Candlelight Processional. The way you worded it implies that there are really no standby seats as it is "incredibly difficult" to secure seating? Is this really so? There is no way we can afford their dinner prices and were planning on waiting in line to see the show. We did the same 3 or 4 years ago and had no problem doing standby - has it gotten a lot worse?

Frozen Holiday Wish is nightly beginning November 9th. It is the Castle Lighting Show - twice per evening on Party nights. The first showing is for all regular guests and the 2nd showing is during Party hours.

Holiday Wishes is the fireworks show that’s presented during every MVMCP.

Thank you for sharing this! I did not know! We will be at MK on two party days only (but not attending the party) - do you happen to know what time Frozen Holiday Wish is for non-party guests? I assume its before the park closes at 6pm.

Thank you for sharing this! I did not know! We will be at MK on two party days only (but not attending the party) - do you happen to know what time Frozen Holiday Wish is for non-party guests? I assume its before the park closes at 6pm.
It probably will be at 6:00 or a little later. The plan is for regular park guests to be out of the park by the time the Party begins at 7:00.

It probably will be at 6:00 or a little later. The plan is for regular park guests to be out of the park by the time the Party begins at 7:00.

But non-party guests are allowed to watch? I just don't want to stay later at MK that we otherwise would and then be told we are not allowed to watch the show.

But non-party guests are allowed to watch? I just don't want to stay later at MK that we otherwise would and then be told we are not allowed to watch the show.
Yes. You can watch because the Party doesn’t begin until 7:00. That’s why MK has 2 Lighting shows on Party nights.

Last year, the first Frozen Lighting Show was at 6:15. I’m sure this year after the Lighting, non-Party guests will be directed to the exit and not allowed into any lands.

Have times been confirmed for the MK Christmas parade between Christmas and New Years? Disney is showing a 3:30 parade time but I've heard they sometimes have the parade twice a day. Anyone hear anything yet on that?

Have times been confirmed for the MK Christmas parade between Christmas and New Years? Disney is showing a 3:30 parade time but I've heard they sometimes have the parade twice a day. Anyone hear anything yet on that?
The Christmas Parade has gone to ‘daily ops’ mode (12:00 and 3:30) for a number of years - my CM friend, based on her involvement, can confirm the last 7 years. This year will be the same as the Parade scheduling entails the bulk of the full work shifts for the parade performers during the Holiday week.

The Christmas Parade has gone to ‘daily ops’ mode (12:00 and 3:30) for a number of years - my CM friend, based on her involvement, can confirm the last 7 years. This year will be the same as the Parade scheduling entails the bulk of the full work shifts for the parade performers during the Holiday week.
Any idea when they will announce the 12:00 time for the parade? This is going to make a huge difference in my touring plans.

Also, anyone know if FP+ will be offered for the parade during that week?

Any idea when they will announce the 12:00 time for the parade? This is going to make a huge difference in my touring plans.

Also, anyone know if FP+ will be offered for the parade during that week?
The 12:00 parade will show up on the park Times Guide schedule and wdwent.com should have it posted by Sunday of that week.

No FPs for the Christmas Parade nor for FoF. The park is too crowded to cordon off space prior to the parades.

Thank you Hiro! You're always so helpful!

Thanks for putting all this on one thread!

Question about Candlelight Processional. The way you worded it implies that there are really no standby seats as it is "incredibly difficult" to secure seating? Is this really so? There is no way we can afford their dinner prices and were planning on waiting in line to see the show. We did the same 3 or 4 years ago and had no problem doing standby - has it gotten a lot worse?

It really depends on who the narrator is - if it's Neil Patrick Harris, for instance, I would say there's no way you'll get a seat without a dining package.

It really depends on who the narrator is - if it's Neil Patrick Harris, for instance, I would say there's no way you'll get a seat without a dining package.
Do you know how early will we have to arrive WITH a dining package? We'll be there on Dec 20, with NPH as our narrator.
Thanks a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter