2018 Dining Plans changing to include alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
British packages are already out for 2018, I have booked for next October. People are receiving emails confirming same. It's not an add on, it's change to the current package that people have. Here is the wording

"Disney have announced today that the 2018 Dining Plans are being enhanced to include several more beverage options.

The good news for guests who have already booked their 2018 Walt Disney World Holiday with Dining Plans (which does include the current Free Dine offer), is that they will automatically receive these new entitlements.

Guests will now be able to enjoy a choice of either one speciality non-alcoholic or alcoholic* (over 21s only) beverage to accompany each meal.

A single serving non-alcoholic beverage includes items such as:
  • Artisanal Milkshakes
  • Fresh Smoothies
  • Premium Hot chocolates
  • Soda, Coffee, or Tea

A single serving alcoholic beverage includes items such as:
  • Beer or Cider
  • Wine or Sangria
  • Mixed Drinks e.g. Gin & Tonic and Specialty Cocktails"

So I'm guessing now everyone around legal drinking age will have to carry their ID with them (if they don't already). Also, not that it matters but I don't drink alcohol nor do I consume alcohol (blood sugar problem) so this doesn't excite me.

All of my family and friends will be pumped though!!!!!

Looks pretty official to me:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plans/#/drawer=drawerDisneyDiningPlan

"
Be waited on at your choice of over 50 Table-Service restaurants. Delight in unparalleled service and cuisine with a touch of Disney magic, in addition to enjoying on-the-go meals and snacks. Reservations at Table-Service restaurants are subject to availability.

New for 2018 vacation packages! Guests have several new beverage options available including non-alcoholic specialty beverages and, for Guests 21 and older, beer, wine and cocktails."

Looks pretty official to me:https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/plans/#/drawer=drawerDisneyDiningPlan

"
Be waited on at your choice of over 50 Table-Service restaurants. Delight in unparalleled service and cuisine with a touch of Disney magic, in addition to enjoying on-the-go meals and snacks. Reservations at Table-Service restaurants are subject to availability.

New for 2018 vacation packages! Guests have several new beverage options available including non-alcoholic specialty beverages and, for Guests 21 and older, beer, wine and cocktails."
Yep. If you are booking a reservation for next year, it is noted on the dining plans as you go through the process. I will really need to see if it is worth it. I don't drink alcohol, most sodas (any that Disney offers), and many of the smoothies are not safe due to medical issues. Not everywhere offers milkshakes or tea that I can have either (can only drink herbal teas).

Also, it is included in the Quick Service Plan as well... but no MK QS locations offer alcohol and many others don't either. Wonder if this will change?

Interesting change. I imagine many people will be happy to take advantage of this. Personally, I'm not interested in an alcoholic beverage with every meal while I'm at WDW, but certainly am for some. It'll be interesting to see the price increase and then figure out if it will still be worthwhile for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter