2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a special gift card that is only sold at F&W?
There have been 2 types of F & W specific gift cards available in the past. The small gift card on a wrist band is available for purchase at many locations in EPCOT during the festival and can be activate with a minimum of $15. For several years they have been offering a different special normal size F & W gift card that comes with a lanyard with card holder pouch and exclusive pin for $200. Both cards can only be purchased in EPCOT and only during the festival. Both cards can be reloaded. It is quite easy to use the entire $200 gift card if you are spending several days eating around the world during the festival or 2 or more people make use of the same card for a day.

I may do the gift card or I may just scan my MB at the booths. We shall see.

I'm weighing either option for my upcoming trip. In the past I've used the gift card on a "wristlet" like it was mentioned above and it was very easy. Of course the MB sits on your arm/wrist too so it has the same benefit, the only difference being you have to key in your PIN. On the other hand, the gift card would help keep you on a budget and track your spending if that's a concern. I think a MB would be easier to lose control over and with all the delicious food and drink I certainly wouldn't blame you!

I'm weighing either option for my upcoming trip. In the past I've used the gift card on a "wristlet" like it was mentioned above and it was very easy. Of course the MB sits on your arm/wrist too so it has the same benefit, the only difference being you have to key in your PIN. On the other hand, the gift card would help keep you on a budget and track your spending if that's a concern. I think a MB would be easier to lose control over and with all the delicious food and drink I certainly wouldn't blame you!

I can definitely see me going overboard. LOL It'll just be myself and DD12 and she likes trying new foods. I can't drink any red wine due to a sulfa allergy so I really don't even bother with white wine because I'm very afraid of the allergy situation. I just started trying white wine after years of being scared. I have 3 afternoons/evenings dedicated to WS and F&W. If they have the cute gift card with the lanyard I will go for it.

First time going during late September / early October, I usually arrive on late early November and I'm never able to attend a cheese seminar. Are they an annual thing? Do they occur every weekend?

Select Saturdays. I went to one last year, it was at 9 in the morning. British cheese and beer pairings. Yes, beer at 9 in the morning. I loved it. I'm not a huge beer fan and they gave almost full pours so I only took a few sips. My only problem was the cheeses they highlighted were not available at all in the States and only available at the actual farm in England.

I've never done F&W on a weekend before, any extra tips? If we are mainly going to eat/drink around the world - how are the lines at the food booths usually? No rides or anything like that, and don't mind a lot of people walking around.

The Food & Wine Festival is more crowded on weekends than the weekdays. It draws many locals from the Orlando area. Lines for the some of the more popular marketplace kiosks can easily run 30 to 40 minutes each. The promenade around World Showcase Lagoon is often wall to wall people, especially by Saturday afternoon and evening. Your best bet would to be at World Showcase by 11:00 am when the kiosks open or try to go on weekdays if possible.

First time going during late September / early October, I usually arrive on late early November and I'm never able to attend a cheese seminar. Are they an annual thing? Do they occur every weekend

Cheese Seminars from 2017:

• French Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    September 2, 2017
    Savor a classic assiette de fromageaccompanied by a variety of elegant French wines famous around the world.
  • Italian Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Tonda Corrente
    September 16, 2017
    Enjoy Italian vini and formaggi pairings that provide a delicious glimpse into the country’s noble yet rustic lifestyle.
  • Mediterranean Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Erin Hedley
    September 30, 2017
    Taste amazing wines and cheeses deeply rooted in ancient Mediterranean diets as well as culture.
  • Old World Cheese Classic Cheese
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    October 7, 2017
    Experience delightfully unique pairings of Europe’s most acclaimed wines and cheeses from various regions across the continent.
  • The Great Cheese and Wines of the United States
    Hosted by David Gremmels
    October 14, 2017
    Summon your inner wine and cheese connoisseur with some of the finest selections produced in America.
  • Great British Cheeses and Aless
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    October 28, 2017
    Learn how traditional British cheeses and ales pair in perfect harmony, something loyal fans have known for decades.
  • Season’s Best Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    November 11, 2017
    Sample autumn’s top seasonal cheeses, both domestic and imported, for a pièce-de-résistance pairing that closes the Festival on a highly delectable note!

For the past 2 years, they’ve also sold lanyards with 8 coupons for around $64. These coupons could only be used at the F&W food booths, and could save money on the more pricier ($8.50+) items such as alcohol and a very few premium food offerings. There were also limitations on the items for purchase such as drink flights and most champagnes.

The Food & Wine Festival is more crowded on weekends than the weekdays. It draws many locals from the Orlando area. Lines for the some of the more popular marketplace kiosks can easily run 30 to 40 minutes each. The promenade around World Showcase Lagoon is often wall to wall people, especially by Saturday afternoon and evening. Your best bet would to be at World Showcase by 11:00 am when the kiosks open or try to go on weekdays if possible.

Thanks for this. Are all kiosks equally busy? By that weird question I mean the ones nearer FW (not in WS) like Flavored by Fire, Earth Eats, Active Eats, and Coastal Eats.

eta: Those booths seemed less crowded the last two years.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Are all kiosks equally busy? By that weird question I mean the ones nearer FW (not in WS) like Flavored by Fire, Earth Eats, Active Eats, and Coastal Eats.

eta: Those booths seemed less crowded the last two years.
They're all fairly busy. The ones with the biggest draw are usually Canada, Ireland, Mexico, China, Italy, France, and Scotland. There is usually a very long line for Canada as the Canadian cheddar cheese soup and the filet are favorites.

Flavored by Fire and Coastal Eats were both new kiosks last year and had long lines even on weekdays (at least for the few days I was there).

Cheese Seminars from 2017:

• French Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    September 2, 2017
    Savor a classic assiette de fromageaccompanied by a variety of elegant French wines famous around the world.
  • Italian Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Tonda Corrente
    September 16, 2017
    Enjoy Italian vini and formaggi pairings that provide a delicious glimpse into the country’s noble yet rustic lifestyle.
  • Mediterranean Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Erin Hedley
    September 30, 2017
    Taste amazing wines and cheeses deeply rooted in ancient Mediterranean diets as well as culture.
  • Old World Cheese Classic Cheese
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    October 7, 2017
    Experience delightfully unique pairings of Europe’s most acclaimed wines and cheeses from various regions across the continent.
  • The Great Cheese and Wines of the United States
    Hosted by David Gremmels
    October 14, 2017
    Summon your inner wine and cheese connoisseur with some of the finest selections produced in America.
  • Great British Cheeses and Aless
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    October 28, 2017
    Learn how traditional British cheeses and ales pair in perfect harmony, something loyal fans have known for decades.
  • Season’s Best Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    November 11, 2017
    Sample autumn’s top seasonal cheeses, both domestic and imported, for a pièce-de-résistance pairing that closes the Festival on a highly delectable note!
When do they announce these and the other things that are offered? I want to go to the Parisian Breakfast

When do they announce these and the other things that are offered? I want to go to the Parisian Breakfast
They usually generically announce some events in May or June but no specific dates. The actual full schedule with dates usually doesn't get released until some time in July usually just a few days prior to reservations actually being made available.

The complete list was released on July 17th last year, reservations for special events started on July 20th for the general public. If you had an annual pass, were a DVC member, had a TIW card, you begin to book for some events on July 18th.

The complete list was released on July 17th last year, reservations for special events started on July 20th for the general public. If you had an annual pass, were a DVC member, had a TIW card, you begin to book for some events on July 18th.
Thanks. I have an AP but it won't be activated until Sept. Will that let me book early if they do that again this year?

This will be our first F&W also (as well as future DH's first time!). We'll be there on our honeymoon just in time for the last week of the festival. We are planning a Wed & Thurs as EPCOT days. From what I've seen on this thread so far, it sounds like most events are held on weekends. Is it safe to hope there are fun things to sign up for on a Wed or Thurs as well?

So we only have 2 days to really enjoy Food and Wine. One day will be coming in about lunch after the morning at Animal Kingdom and the other day will be a full Epcot park day (so will do Future World in the morning). I am thinking a good strategy will be to start on different "ends" of World Showcase on each day when we get there. That way we will be able to try more items as usually I am full by the time I make it all the way around. Does anyone else do this? Does it work as a plan?

So we only have 2 days to really enjoy Food and Wine. One day will be coming in about lunch after the morning at Animal Kingdom and the other day will be a full Epcot park day (so will do Future World in the morning). I am thinking a good strategy will be to start on different "ends" of World Showcase on each day when we get there. That way we will be able to try more items as usually I am full by the time I make it all the way around. Does anyone else do this? Does it work as a plan?

My advice would be to check the menus and booth locations BEFORE your trip. Have everyone in your party select "must try's". You can then plan a strategy for how best to attack World Showcase!

I'm sure others here will also have some great advice.

My advice would be to check the menus and booth locations BEFORE your trip. Have everyone in your party select "must try's". You can then plan a strategy for how best to attack World Showcase!

I'm sure others here will also have some great advice.
We plan on doing that for sure as well! I just know that with the previous trips I have done and with looking at last year's menus my friend and I want to try a LOT of stuff.

This will be our first F&W also (as well as future DH's first time!). We'll be there on our honeymoon just in time for the last week of the festival. We are planning a Wed & Thurs as EPCOT days. From what I've seen on this thread so far, it sounds like most events are held on weekends. Is it safe to hope there are fun things to sign up for on a Wed or Thurs as well?

Yes, there should be events to do throughout the week. The beverage and culinary seminars occur everyday, while there typically is a lunch and/or dinner event at one or two of the World Showcase pavilions each day. A few years ago, we did the Mediterranean Lunch in Morocco on a Wednesday, and a couple years ago we did the Tequila Lunch in Mexico on a Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter