2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

How are people able to see what's still available? Is this on the phone? All I get is Stitch eating the page when I try to look. I'm just curious if my dates are still available, but I can't even get to that page. I do have free dining already. I'm just nosy.
I was getting stitch for a while but I cleared all my cookies and I can get in now.
I will be happy to check your dates if you would like to provide them.

Thought of you. I tried to price out my September trip with FD, and was surprised it offered me Aug 2 on. Then when I clicked through on my dates it said I needed Canadian Credit Card and address. Then Disney sent an email stating my profile had changed and to call if it wasn't me. So I called, IT can't figure it out, said everything looks good .............. but told me to shut all down and reboot so we'll see. All I can see is it keeps changing my US English to Canadian English ... is it that different?

Yes! The CM told me that if I had left it in the Canadian block without the Canadian address then they would not have honored the promotion when I checked into the resort.

I always do the math and for us, it works out better to get a discounted room than "free" dining. It costs less to pay to eat as we go. Therefore, for us, it is not "free."
I would like to get on and do the math myself for my sons trip I was able to get FD but I THINK the RO maybe cheaper...BUT The site is down again

Okay, I’m confused. I was just looking online and the cost for a standard package at BC was a thousand dollars CHEAPER than the free dining offer. Shouldn’t they be about the same? Maybe a couple hundred more because of the required park hopper?

I will be at Pop that same week, 2 standard rooms. Do you know if the renovations will be done by then ? It would be nice.

Yes they are supposed to be all done I think by June. Looking forward to the renovated rooms, hope they work well and aren't too cramped. The two queens plus my daughter's wheel chair hopefully will work.

Anybody else looking forward to seeing what alcoholic or specialty drinks they can get with their free QSDP? I am!! I'm not a huge drinker, but we have 9 park days, and if I can get 3 or 4 free drinks, that would be awesome!

I am trying to figure out how to get my 17 YO alcoholic beverage! Like i order two meals and give her a coke? LOL!!! And the food....

Did anyone get a Unique Offer Code today with Free Dining? Just wondering if the availability is better, meaning more resorts. It doesn't seem like it, but the website can be glitchy.

ETA: The more I look at it, it looks like the room only is for the unique offer code, but the free dining is just the general offer. Tricky!

I asked whe I called this week and there was no code for me.

Okay, I’m confused. I was just looking online and the cost for a standard package at BC was a thousand dollars CHEAPER than the free dining offer. Shouldn’t they be about the same? Maybe a couple hundred more because of the required park hopper?

I bet the FD offer needed a specific view. I could not get BC so I gave up lookign at prices.

When Room discounts are offered (thinking late November, from Thanksgiving day to Dec 1), are AoA suites usually offered. IF something opens up for FD from Nov24-Dec1, we would split stay with nonFD from Nov22-23. But if a Room Discount comes along, I wonder what the difference would be. Does AoA suites, if covered, usually go for 20,25,or 30% off?

I've been seeing something similar w/ my existing YC reservation. When going through the Change Reservation process, if I select the Delicious Free Offer, the returned results include the cost of a QSDP (not a RDP expected for a deluxe resort) ... it wasn't free! I went through the next few screens to confirm this. Also, if I select the Enchanted Escape Package offer, the returned result is a non-discounted rack rate. Seems like something's amiss with database queries. I called earlier and the CM confirmed there weren't any discounts available for my reservation.

I am trying to figure out how to get my 17 YO alcoholic beverage! Like i order two meals and give her a coke? LOL!!! And the food....

I asked whe I called this week and there was no code for me.

I bet the FD offer needed a specific view. I could not get BC so I gave up lookign at prices.

Nope, it’s even weirder than that! When I go to the BC page via my “change reservation” button (I’m currently at Poly) it gives me the low price for “standard package” and then the high price for the FD package. When I totally log out of my account, suddenly the “standard package” price goes up to the FD price. Totally strange.

I have been trying to book a family suite at All Star Music since 5am this morning for 11/24-12/1. Just now, playing around with the dates, I was able to book the suite from 11/24-12/3. Does anyone know if I can call and take the last 2 nights off and still keep the promotion? I will still be fulfilling all of the FD requirements but I know Disney Reservations can be picky about date changes....only my ending date would be changing. Has anyone ever been through this?

I saw zero FD availability at POP for 11/24-11/27 or later. This was seconds after FD went live. This is the same experience I've had each year. Within the next few days or weeks I expect Pop to show FD off and on.

We got Pop 12/13-12/17. We only needed 3 nights but have booked 4 and with 6 of us it still puts us in front when we factor in food.

Stayed up all night and thanks to some super helpful Dis folks I got exactly what I wanted! Need some advice on how to proceed though.

So I booked the public FD for POP 8/20-8/26 then when the Visa link finally showed up I made a second reservation for 8/19-8/26 which is my full trip. That reservation was immediately cancelled and I was prompted to call Disney(around 7 when everything was in full crash mode and the phone lines were full).

When I finally got through I was told that since I already had an existing reservation I had to modify instead of cancelling and they weren’t going to give me the Visa cardholder day I needed at first. The CM checked with her manager and said she could book the whole trip under the cardholder deal but I would have to pay my balance with the Disney Visa. I said I would and completed the transaction happily. So my question is: Does Disney know or care how I pay the balance of my reservation or was the manager just trying to have me use my DV card for something since everyone is required to use it for a deposit and I hadn’t? I have a number of other cards I would rather use and I’m wondering if it will matter if I use a different card. I’m leaning towards “no” but would love to hear other opinions.

My sister and I kept trying and were just able to book POP FD 11/24-11/29. We had hoped to stay through 12/1. What are our best bets for extending our ressies?

All ideas are welcome. Thanks everyone! And pixie dust for those still trying!!
The rumor I’ve heard is that blocks of rooms are being held at POP dec. 1-7 for the Pop Warner football folks. Therefore everyone trying to get pop nov. 24,25, or 26 can only get FD availability through Nov. 30th. My bet would be after whatever date the pop warner folk are supposed to have their rooms booked (no idea when) whatever is left over will get put into inventory, maybe some of it FD inventory. Until then I think it’s doubtful FD will be available at pop for dates extending past Nov. 30th.

Yes! The CM told me that if I had left it in the Canadian block without the Canadian address then they would not have honored the promotion when I checked into the resort.

Oh I am sure just like AP or FL Resident discounts. Show up without proof and discount is gone.

Yes they are supposed to be all done I think by June. Looking forward to the renovated rooms, hope they work well and aren't too cramped. The two queens plus my daughter's wheel chair hopefully will work.
You should be fine with a wheelchair. My mom and I were in a renovated room in Dec with both beds down and a scooter. It was tight to get the scooter around but doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter