2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

So if I have a booked resort and I want to change the resort, I can do that online as well? I have never booked or modified online so I am not at all sure of myself.
Yes, you can change certain parts of your trip online. I think the only thing you can't change is dates and guests. I just did it yesterday. We decided to we wanted to stay at POP instead of ASMu. On the Disney website just click on my reservations and tickets and then click change reservation. Once there, just click on change resort and it will take you to the available options. It will show you your current and new selection with price and then you can click book or cancel so if you want to just compare. Hope that helps.

Yes you can change your resort online.

If your change/modify button works, use it. If not make a new reservation. Don't worry. It's quick and easy.

Thank you both! I am hoping for a two bedroom at Old Key West. It started as out back up plan, but now I really want to book there. We also like BTL, but I want to avoid that kind of money. It is over 4 grand more, and no matter how convenient and how awesome the view, YIKES!

Everyone keeps talking about these boards going down...is there a set time they "sign off"? I remember staying you all through the night 2 years ago...

Prices for my dates/resort did not go up.
I’m booked at WL, and they had standard rooms and club level available. Now there are no rooms available and the price went up for what they are quoting per night. Also, I was looking at other resorts as backups, and Saratoga springs went from $800 to $952 a night!!

I just got this email from Disney Tourist Blog

With Free Dining right around the corner, you've (hopefully) already made a bunch of ADRs for your Walt Disney World vacation. If not, you should do that as soon as possible, ideally before Free Dining is released. Once the promo goes live, fall restaurant availability can be scarce. (ADRs are not tied to your room reservation or Free Dining--there's no reason to wait!)
We'd recommend consulting our Disney Restaurant Review Index to see food photos and restaurant interiors, as well as for our thoughts on which restaurants are good...and which should be avoided.
One restaurant commonly lumped into the 'should be avoided' category by a lot of people is Coral Reef. However, as we share in our new Coral Reef Revisited: the Good & Bad post, we've always had a soft spot for this restaurant, and its delightful setting goes a long way in our opinion of it.
We have what is hopefully our final update in the roller coaster of Free Dining Rumors. Our Free Disney Dining Plan 2018 Dates post has once again been updated with rumored dates in August, September, November, and December, as well as thoughts on the release date.

Normally, we hear rumors over the weekend prior to Free Dining being released, as more internal sources are looped in about the promo. That has not occurred this time, leading us to believe briefing will occur tomorrow, which would conform with the previous South American TA rumor. We've also heard training seminars will occur tomorrow, and while these are tangentially related to Free Dining, it's unlikely that they would be scheduled if Free Dining were being released tomorrow. (Unless one hand really doesn't know what the other is doing.)

Probably not exactly the most confidence-instilling update, but that's the best we can offer. For more Free Dining details and answers to frequently asked questions, click "Read More" below. We'll update that page once again as soon as we hear anything else on Monday...“

Yes, you can change certain parts of your trip online. I think the only thing you can't change is dates and guests. I just did it yesterday. We decided to we wanted to stay at POP instead of ASMu. On the Disney website just click on my reservations and tickets and then click change reservation. Once there, just click on change resort and it will take you to the available options. It will show you your current and new selection with price and then you can click book or cancel so if you want to just compare. Hope that helps.

Perfect! I will keep everything the same, and then when it calms down I will call to add my two extra people. WE have 7 all together, so this will be perfect if it is included, as speculated upon.

I'm reading more places that bets are on Tuesday, April 24th, due to training seminars/briefing regarding free dining occuring on Monday.

Obviously I'm hoping for a release tomorrow--I just want to get things over with and move ahead with finalizing plans for my trip!

With Free Dining right around the corner, you've (hopefully) already made a bunch of ADRs for your Walt Disney World vacation. If not, you should do that as soon as possible, ideally before Free Dining is released. Once the promo goes live, fall restaurant availability can be scarce. (ADRs are not tied to your room reservation or Free Dining--there's no reason to wait!)
We'd recommend consulting our Disney Restaurant Review Index to see food photos and restaurant interiors, as well as for our thoughts on which restaurants are good...and which should be avoided.
One restaurant commonly lumped into the 'should be avoided' category by a lot of people is Coral Reef. However, as we share in our new Coral Reef Revisited: the Good & Bad post, we've always had a soft spot for this restaurant, and its delightful setting goes a long way in our opinion of it.
We have what is hopefully our final update in the roller coaster of Free Dining Rumors. Our Free Disney Dining Plan 2018 Dates post has once again been updated with rumored dates in August, September, November, and December, as well as thoughts on the release date.

Normally, we hear rumors over the weekend prior to Free Dining being released, as more internal sources are looped in about the promo. That has not occurred this time, leading us to believe briefing will occur tomorrow, which would conform with the previous South American TA rumor. We've also heard training seminars will occur tomorrow, and while these are tangentially related to Free Dining, it's unlikely that they would be scheduled if Free Dining were being released tomorrow. (Unless one hand really doesn't know what the other is doing.)

Probably not exactly the most confidence-instilling update, but that's the best we can offer. For more Free Dining details and answers to frequently asked questions, click "Read More" below. We'll update that page once again as soon as we hear anything else on Monday...“

Was just coming on to post this exact info! They are saying 50/50 chance for Tuesday with the other 50% split between Monday and Wednesday.

I WISH I could make my ADRs now, before it drops! But my December dates aren't in the 180+ window yet :(

I really think it will be Tuesday now.. got a newsletter email from a Disney planning site and they are predicting Tuesday as well.
I got the same newsletter from a page that shall not be named. The author replied to my comment and basically told me that he would let his cat wake him up and then check his computer. That's how little confidence he has in a Monday release date from internal sources.

I got the same newsletter from a page that shall not be named. The author replied to my comment and basically told me that he would let his cat wake him up and then check his computer. That's how little confidence he has in a Monday release date from internal sources.
I should mention, he was correct in previous years when I've grabbed free dining.

I’m sure Tom has been reading along with us, I always get excited when I see an email from him no matter the time of year, always very useful info, great photos as well!!!!! Great Stuff

I’m sure Tom has been reading along with us, I always get excited when I see an email from him no matter the time of year, always very useful info, great photos as well!!!!! Great Stuff

I didn’t know he was on here. I hope he doesn’t mind my sharing the information!

Pop standard rooms are no longer available for our dates. :scared:

I really hope this doesn’t end up like the Stay, Play, Dine fiasco from last October. There was such limited availability when it dropped it was ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter