2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

...Hello from the other side! I was able to get an All Star Music standard room! Even though I was right there at 5 AM when booking open, there were so many glitches with checking out on my Macbook, that I ended up switching to mobile. It had kept saying "We are unable to process your order at this time. Please call this number ir try again later." By the time I got everything figured out, it was 5:30 AM.

I went back to sleep for an hour, and now my toddler is demanding breakfast. Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted, and good luck staying awake today!

Check! Beach Club - - rock on! Have to change the footer :)
Just curious -What time did you get through? Online or phone? Been trying to modify Beach Club reservation since 5:00am for week of Dec. 22nd and no luck - just kept showing standard price. Tried as a new reservation as well, but just standard price. Now of course site down.

Logged in 4 times overnight. Got on at 650 to see that it opened already (I knew bc the site was crashing too-seriously all the disney money and the site crashes!). Had to switch from pop to asmu but I got it!!! Called them at 7 just in case it didnt work while I was making my way through the modification and at 701 it was already a 60min wait! When I went back to check my changes it was all wonky but my email was right and then I could not get the site to work at ALL. So glad I logged in before 7!! Thanks so much to the group!

I tried to cancel my old reservation and it will not go through. I gave up and will try later

For those who modified existing reservations to add free Dining (no other changes), did your price stay the same?

My price went up by about $200. I had booked a few months ago before the price increase. I had hoped I would be able to keep the same rate. Still happy with what I got but plan to shop around now that I have dining secured on that reservation.

**UPDATE : I posted this somewhere down the thread but wanted to mention again in case. My cost didn't go up at all! I was looking at the wrong balance. Yay!

Last edited:

I was up but nothing for the Poly. I’m now considering renting points for a Studio as I think that would save us a lot more than a RO discount

Anyone know if Nemo suites were included in offer? I had to switch to LK bc Nemo unavailable. Unsure if included or snagged too quickly.., regardless, super happy!

So disappointed that my stay (four nights) isn’t long enough! Woke up a few times throughout the night to check. Oh well. Happy for everyone who got what they wanted!

So disappointed that my stay (four nights) isn’t long enough! Woke up a few times throughout the night to check. Oh well. Happy for everyone who got what they wanted!
Did you try modifying your reservation? Some people are reporting success with booking 4 nights, even though it's advertised as 5 night min. I would give it a try!

Bummed the rumor was correct and Contemporary was not included. We were already pretty set on staying there, so no FD for us. The convenience of walking to MK with almost-2yo twins is worth the price of dining..... I guess.
GF is on the FD list and is next door to MK you can take the monorail right over to MK I would look at that as a possible option

Well that was stressful. Had to change my kids age in their profile to match the age at time of travel mid transaction. While making my parents room reservation. AKL in December, here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter