2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Has anyone been able to get through by calling this morning?... even just calling to modify... I was just wondering with the influx of traffic, if we broke the system.
When I was on hold at 6:02am, it told me 2 hours for a wait. It hasn't given me an updated wait time since then.

~D

I checked for the offer a few times during the night. When I woke up at 5:10 CST, I had no issues with the site and was able to book 8/20-8/26 POP preferred and then also booked POP preferred RO for 8/18-8/20. I hope I've understood everyone correctly in that I can activate my package tickets on 8/18 with the only downside being that i can't book FP for 8/18 or 8/19 until the tickets are activated. This shouldn't be an issue because there are only two of us on this trip with no must-do FP on either of these days. Now when I try to search for offers on the site, all I get are Stitch eating the page.

I feel lucky after reading other folks problems. We had booked a week long vacation in September with our travel agent. We booked our own dinner reservations, and have been taking a more proactive approach to our vacation other than having our agent do it. With all her other clients, we were unsure if we would be able to take advantage free dining if we relied on her. So the last few nights we have been watching it. Waking up at 2am, 4am, etc taking turns. Last night woke at 2am, 3am, 5am. Saw Free Dining, went downstairs and jumped on the computer. Really had no other issues booking a second trip during the same time. We do see a difference in pricing, by about 300$. Glad we got free dining though, gonna save some money with the kids.

So disappointed that my stay (four nights) isn’t long enough! Woke up a few times throughout the night to check. Oh well. Happy for everyone who got what they wanted!
I was able to book 4 nights no problem

I set my alarm for 3 AM, not there yet. got up every half hour after that and checked until, VIOLA, at 5:00 there it was. I already had a res at Pop for Dec 7 to 16, so tried to Modify. seemed to be working until I tried to confirm, but then I got the monster inc. guy telling me there was an error. Tried several more times and go the same. there was a message that 1 or more of my changes couldn't be made at this time. I opened another browser and was going to try to book a new res for the same dates and it showed available. I went back and tried to modify again and it worked!!!!!! So I got what I wanted!!!! Hope you all find success on your bookings. Last year I didn't get what I wanted first thing in the morning, but I checked back just before noon and I got it. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!! now back to sleep walking at work!

So do the RO discounts only apply if you don't have tickets and dining booked? I'm probably going to remove dining anyway, but right now we have CR booked with hoppers and I'll be keeping that, so if a RO discount comes out, it won't work? I don't want to re-book because I don't want to pay for parking, although depending on the amount of the discount I guess that would still be a savings.

It's not really a room ONLY discount; it's just a room discount. You'll be fine with everything in your cart.

I had dining and it stayed the same, so I figured something was not right.

You are correct, something is not right. If you had room, tickets and dining in your cart before FD, your price SHOULD go down. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I got through on-line about 5:30 and made a reservation but have not received the confirmation e-mail yet and the $200 reservation charge has not shown up on the card yet so I am a little nervous. I cannot get into my account to confirm as when I go to the Disney World Resort website I only get an advertisement page and any links go either back to that page or to Stitch eating the page. Hopefully I really did get through and it just taking time to process. Is anyone else experiencing that?

Mine just came through a few minutes ago. I guess becasue of all the traffic, it took a little bit for them to send it out.

I transferred our current reservations to a TA (we did the same last year).. I should have just kept them myself, I hate not having any control over FD.
I checked at about 6am and was able to see availability at Pop for 11/24 (our current stay is 11/25-12/1 but we are flexible).. Not overly concerned about where we land as long as it's value and we can get two rooms for 6 nights.

I figure worst case scenario we don't get FD and I'll just cancel my reservations with the TA and potentially stay off-site this year. Trying not to stress! haha

Stitch is really starting to annoy me though

Does anyone know if you can book two rooms with the Disney Visa offer? My daughter and her best friend are going with us, but in their own room. I can get her a Disney Visa by the trip, but can I book it now just using mine?
you should be able to book both rooms with your Disney Visa; you will need to put down the $200 deposit for your daughter's room on your Disney Visa. The balance on the package does not have to be paid on your credit card

Me too.
I’ve been trying since 5:30am
Staying at POR. Just trying to get RO discount applied.
Online immediately said only Royal room type was available?
How could that be?
I literally got through when offer came available.
That's because when rooms are booked before the discount, there's no reason for the discount to be offered. So when tons of people book a resort far in advance, Disney usually excludes that from the discount. My guess is royal rooms are the only ones that had lots of inventory still available.

Everyone that is having issues booking needs to make sure they have the correct number of days on their tickets and resort stay and have park hopper added to get dining for free... Also if your staying at a value resort and have clicked on regular dining plan you will see a charge for dining bc you only get quick service dining free so youll pay the difference between quick and regular dining, which is still a good deal and saving you money.
Also check to make sure your resort and room category is part of the discount
For those who added or modified today to are you able to use the MDE app now? Mine is being glitchy, won't let me log in. I've already gotten a confirmation email about FD, but wanted to check to be sure it's showing on MDE. Maybe it's being affected by all the traffic? I'm not very high tech, so not sure!
I can't log in to MDE either, but I got a confirmation e-mail as well.

Here's the visa link again for those asking

Since Stitch ate the page, and I'm currently on hold, what exactly was/is the Disney Visa offer. (I know what Disney Visa is, I just would like to know the specifics of the offer)

~D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter