2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys - this may be a stupid dumb question. We're going to F&W this year and I'm a touch disappointed in the vegetarian options. I feel like I'm like 1 option short from being happy. My fiance however, is going to love it. Is it unreasonable for 1 person to grab Quick Service while the other eats from the booths? Or with the crowds is that a bit of an exercise that isn't worth it?

Hi Guys - this may be a stupid dumb question. We're going to F&W this year and I'm a touch disappointed in the vegetarian options. I feel like I'm like 1 option short from being happy. My fiance however, is going to love it. Is it unreasonable for 1 person to grab Quick Service while the other eats from the booths? Or with the crowds is that a bit of an exercise that isn't worth it?

I don't think it's unreasonable. My boyfriend and I have pretty different tastes in food and don't always enjoy eating at the same booths. If anything, I would say get in line at whatever QS you want while he gets in line at a booth and he can bring his food to meet you at the QS location to eat together.

This version still shows Shimmering Sips (mimosa bar) in the World ShowPlace. Maybe that was the original plan but it is actually over near Hawai’i. For those who have visited in prior years, it is in that permanent booth opposite Port of Entry that has had the champagne and Almond Orchard stuff in the past (always thought that an odd combo...)

Last edited:
We were there 2 years ago for Irma. Remy was moved inside because of the hurricane, and then remained 'indoors'. I'm guessing that Dorian has prompted the move this year as well. we LOVE the scavenger hunt.
This is exactly what happened. After not being able to find him outdoors in the first two countries, we asked and were told he was moved indoors due to Dorian. It was really hot, so we didn't mind finding him indoors in the AC.

Wife and I went to F&W today. Time to start my annual ranking of all F&W items. Hopefully somebody finds this useful!

Basically anything 7 or higher is a recommend. We will be back tomorrow to add to the list. I’m happy to try to answer any questions!

Taco de Puerco (Mexico) - 9.0/10 - Loaded with tender pork belly, tasty green sauce

Mala Chicken and Shrimp Bao Bun (China) - 8.5/10 - The sauce on the chicken and shrimp was very tasty.

Boeuf Braisé à la Borderlaise (France) - 8.5/10

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese (The Alps) - 8.5/10 - Getting a fresh one is critical.

Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart (The Alps) - 8.0/10 - The crust on this is amazing.

Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin (Africa) - 7.5/10 - This was delicious, but my beef was full of gristle. If it had been tender this would be higher.

NY Strip Steak Green Shermoula Flatbread (Morocco) - 7.5/10 - Basically a beef soft taco. Good though!

Black Pepper Shrimp (China) - 7.5/10 - We always like this. Shrimp still had tails on this year.

Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 7.0/10 - Good, but it was room temperature. If colder this would be higher.

Frothy Ramen (Japan) - 7.0/10 - Expected this to be gross, as I don’t like cold noodles, but it was pretty good. Oddly sweet.

Capirotada de Chocolate (Mexico) - 7.0/10 - Typical chocolate bread pudding.

Tostada de Carne (Mexico) - 6.5/10 - Wasn’t a big fan of the mole on this. The meat was good, though.

Last edited:
Wife and I went to F&W today. Time to start my annual ranking of all F&W items. Hopefully somebody finds this useful!

Basically anything 7 or higher is a recommend. We will be back tomorrow to add to the list. I’m happy to try to answer any questions!

Taco de Puerco (Mexico) - 9.0/10 - Loaded with tender pork belly, tasty green sauce

Mala Chicken and Shrimp Bao Bun (China) - 8.5/10 - The sauce on the chicken and shrimp was very tasty.

Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese (The Alps) - 8.5/10 - Getting a fresh one is critical.

Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart (The Alps) - 8.0/10 - The crust on this is amazing.

Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin (Africa) - 7.5/10 - This was delicious, but my beef was full of gristle. If it had been tender this would be higher.

NY Strip Steak Green Shermoula Flatbread (Morocco) - 7.5/10 - Basically a beef soft taco. Good though!

Black Pepper Shrimp (China) - 7.5/10 - We always like this. Shrimp still had tails on this year.

Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 7.0/10 - Good, but it was room temperature. If colder this would be higher.

Frothy Ramen (Japan) - 7.0/10 - Expected this to be gross, as I don’t like cold noodles, but it was pretty good. Oddly sweet.

Tostada de Carne (Mexico) - 6.5/10 - Wasn’t a big fan of the mole on this. The meat was good, though.
Thanks for these recommendations! I had the tostada de carne on my list so I’m curious to see how the mole is! I usually love mole sauce

Last edited:
Thanks for these recommendations! I had the tostada de carne on my list so I’m curious to see how the mole is! I usually love mole sauce

You may still like it. Mole is hit or miss for me. I don’t think I’ve ever had a mole that I loved. I’ve had a few that I liked and a few that were kind of “meh”.

Please post your thoughts once you’ve had it so I can properly gauge my taste in mole, lol.

Thanks for your reviews. Looking forward to reading more. Husband and I are heading for our first trip without the kids and plan on eating around the world. How are the portion sizes? I’m not a big eater but my husband is. I don’t expect them to be huge but was wondering if it was bigger than say a couple bites? Thanks 😊

Thanks! I love getting the reviews of all the festival food.

Thanks for your reviews. Looking forward to reading more. Husband and I are heading for our first trip without the kids and plan on eating around the world. How are the portion sizes? I’m not a big eater but my husband is. I don’t expect them to be huge but was wondering if it was bigger than say a couple bites? Thanks 😊
You’re welcome! I would say the portions range from 3 bites to about 10 bites. Some dishes are much larger than others.
Thanks! I love getting the reviews of all the festival food.
You’re welcome!

I’ll be posting another update later today that includes the items we tried today. Would I be going overboard if I posted pictures of everything? I don’t want to annoy everybody with a wall of food pics, lol.

You’re welcome! I would say the portions range from 3 bites to about 10 bites. Some dishes are much larger than others.

You’re welcome!

I’ll be posting another update later today that includes the items we tried today. Would I be going overboard if I posted pictures of everything? I don’t want to annoy everybody with a wall of food pics, lol.
Please post all the reviews you can and photos would be great!

I’m especially interested in hearing your comments (if you tried it) about the filet from Le Cellier - how was it cooked? I prefer medium rare but I read somewhere it seemed to be more towards medium well.

Any food reviews you post are welcome although I know YMMV definitely applies. 8-)

Last edited:

I’m especially interested in hearing your comments (if you tried it) about the filet from Le Cellier - how was it cooked? I prefer medium rare but I read somewhere it seemed to be more towards medium well.

Any food reviews you post are welcome although I know YMMV definitely applies. 8-)

My husband has gotten the filet every year multiple times for years and the rarest it has ever been is medium, usually a bit over.

I've typically had good luck with the filet in Canada, and gotten something very tasty and tender, cooked roughly to medium, maybe slightly over, every time. Today was the exception. It was easily Medium Well, possibly Well Done. It wasn't tender at all. I had to work to cut it with the plastic knife and fork. On the plus side, it was a good size portion, and absolutely loaded with mushrooms.

I'm sure I just had bad luck today. I'll definitely get another one later in the festival, but probably not any time soon.

My husband has gotten the filet every year multiple times for years and the rarest it has ever been is medium, usually a bit over.
At least it sounds as if he enjoys it since it’s a repeat choice for him! 😉

I've typically had good luck with the filet in Canada, and gotten something very tasty and tender, cooked roughly to medium, maybe slightly over, every time. Today was the exception. It was easily Medium Well, possibly Well Done. It wasn't tender at all. I had to work to cut it with the plastic knife and fork. On the plus side, it was a good size portion, and absolutely loaded with mushrooms.

I'm sure I just had bad luck today. I'll definitely get another one later in the festival, but probably not any time soon.
Thanks for the info. I’m probably going to try it when we are there on 9/26 - since I really love mushrooms!

At least it sounds as if he enjoys it since it’s a repeat choice for him! 😉

I actually always wonder why he enjoys it so much because he usually eats his steak rare, and even though I enjoy mine medium-rare it is always way too over cooked and not worth it for me to waste stomach space on. It makes him happy so that’s all that matters!

We just went through the menus again and all his picks are food and 90% of mine are alcohol, sounds like a typical year for us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter