2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the brunch with a celebrity chef - I know the chef does not do a demo or cook , but do they design the menu for the brunch itself?

Lots of events are now bookable online! I’ve added links to the online bookable events two posts below this one. Looks like none of the regional meals are bookable online.

For the brunch with a celebrity chef - I know the chef does not do a demo or cook , but do they design the menu for the brunch itself?

The majority of the brunch is buffet style, and has nothing to do with the chef. It is a decent quality buffet, though. They do serve you one small item that is inspired by the chefs recipe. For Tiffani Amber Thiessen it was a small piece of carrot cake, and for Morimoto it was a small piece of tamagoyaki (Japanese omelet).

Last edited:

Results of on hold: Estimated wait: 60 minutes. Actual wait: 38 minutes. Result: Both events (Parisian Breakfast and Tequila Lunch) sold out yesterday to AP and DVC guests. Kind CM was sweet and understanding and happy I knew the ways of the Disney "world". I was the one who asked if it was because of yesterdays bookings for AP and DVC and she mentioned that one woman made so many reservations that she expressed regret at taking them away from "all the other people who need to book tomorrow". Not worth an AP for this so...enjoy early bookers.

Such easy booking this morning! Got the Mediterranean lunch for September 30th and the food and beverage pairing on September 27th. Hopefully FP+ day is this easy!

Booked the Brunch with Andrew Zimmern online as well as changed one reservation to an "Eat to the Beat" option. Now on hold for the other two reservations I want. 60 minutes estimated wait at 7:04 Eastern time. I am in the Central Time Zone so I am officially crazy.
Can you book eat to the beat online. Thank you

Results of on hold: Estimated wait: 60 minutes. Actual wait: 38 minutes. Result: Both events (Parisian Breakfast and Tequila Lunch) sold out yesterday to AP and DVC guests. Kind CM was sweet and understanding and happy I knew the ways of the Disney "world". I was the one who asked if it was because of yesterdays bookings for AP and DVC and she mentioned that one woman made so many reservations that she expressed regret at taking them away from "all the other people who need to book tomorrow". Not worth an AP for this so...enjoy early bookers.

Wow. I’m sorry you weren’t able to get what you were looking for. They’ve never before released all the “ inventory” for early booking. I think I might call back later today or tomorrow when there isn’t such a wait, just to confirm that they’re unavailable and it wasn’t a system glitch.

They have always limited the number of reservations available to "early bookers". This is the first year I've had an AP. I've booked many years on general booking day. Sometimes the events I wanted were sold out.
I have had teeny bit of luck in the past with calling back in an hour or two. Sometimes the event that wasn't available appears. I've chalked it up to the craziness of the day. It also could be that someone wanted the event, heard the grand total, and asked to delete one or a few before giving their CC info.

Last edited:

Doubt that was the problem. Probably another Disney glitch. And the CM just 'made up an excuse'.

I called at about 5 yesterday and asked about several events NOTHING was sold out that late. So...

Got my bookings this morning. Waited maybe 40 minutes and everything was easy.

We’re doing the French Family Meal and Italian Regional lunches again. Trying the Japan Culinary Tour dinner for the first time. I’m not a sake (or sushi for that matter) fan but going to give it a try.

Cheers!

Definitely call back and give it another try. My friend called 3 separate times today and on the last try about 15 minutes ago was able to book the Tequila Lunch. Not sure what the glitch was but I recommend giving it another try. Best of luck to you!

Definitely call back and give it another try. My friend called 3 separate times today and on the last try about 15 minutes ago was able to book the Tequila Lunch. Not sure what the glitch was but I recommend giving it another try. Best of luck to you!
Well, I called back and what do you know, a very helpful CM found me everything I needed! Disney IT at its finest again right at reservation opening time. Persistence does pay off. Thanks to all for encouraging me to try again. This is the first time booking special events.

Well, I called back and what do you know, a very helpful CM found me everything I needed! Disney IT at its finest again right at reservation opening time. Persistence does pay off. Thanks to all for encouraging me to try again. This is the first time booking special events.

That’s awesome! So glad you got what you wanted.

Do they have a soft opening for the festival? The 29th is my last day at the parks and I am wondering if it will be ridiculously crazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter