2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, either this is intentional or an oversight. Either way, it would be helpful to know for planning purposes.
Hopefully someone who asks the question about child's meals/QS at guest services will report back.
Agreed, I'm following this thread for some on the ground reports in hopes that I can adjust our plan if necessary for late January :D I don't want it to get shutdown for arguments and discussing "loopholes".

It is being enforced at QS. Someone tried at Casey's and they could not use a child credit at all because they have no kids meals. The CM tried ringing the guest up, but the system would not allow the CM to do so.

Sounds like Disney is doing what Disney always does - making decisions before their systems are ready to support them. Lol

I have complete confidence that they will either add kids meals to Casey's (or wherever) or will make changes to the computers to accept a kid credit for an adult meal if they don't have kids' meals.

Either way it will be resolved, but it will be a painful process - which has kind of been the norm recently.

We do have a sticky, old, that shows who does not have kids menus. In England m the fish and chips do not have a kids meal either

Oh, and the kids qs conversion is my guess. It is not gospel, but just my guess that it won’t be a 3-1 exchange based on cost value. I believe, if allowed at all, it will be 1-1

Oh, and the kids qs conversion is my guess. It is not gospel, but just my guess that it won’t be a 3-1 exchange based on cost value. I believe, if allowed at all, it will be 1-1
Someone earlier confirmed that it's 1 Child credit = 1 snack

No one has confirmed it, they’ve seen the same guessing, but I’ve not seen any factual acco7nt. Just anecdotal and I may be the rumor basis
It's pretty neat when your own rumors come back to you! 🤣 I used to do this at work in my old job a lot. Try to start a rumor of something you wanted to come true and hope that it gets legs!

We are on the deluxe plan and were given 2
Snacks a day for our children. Not sure on the regular or QS though. I will try to find out about exchanging a child’s meal for 3 snacks, but I have a feeling that is going to be a hard no. Honestly though, it is all new. Nobody really seems to know the details, cast members included. We’ve been to 2 TS restaurants on this new plan and neither of our servers knew about the separation of kids and adult credits on the deluxe meal plan until we used ours.

Don't forget about the question of whether credits can still be shared (Adult credits for Adults and Child credits for children). Remember how the 2019 thread started??? I'm hoping (like last year) that this is all just hullabaloo and widgywits and everything will go back to the way it was!

Don't forget about the question of whether credits can still be shared (Adult credits for Adults and Child credits for children). Remember how the 2019 thread started??? I'm hoping (like last year) that this is all just hullabaloo and widgywits and everything will go back to the way it was!
I am all about hullabaloo and wigywits!!

I am not sure why some are so out of joint. Those of us whose children turned ten or who don't drink have had to pay the higher costs for the DDP and not sure why having to follow the rules would be a deal breaker when you are getting what you paid for. Just pay out of pocket if you want to. People were lucky up until now but it really wasn't the way it was supposed to be. There is a huge difference between the kids prices and the adults. My kids over nine should not be subsidizing adults who have used a loophole to get more than they actually paid for.

Like I've stated in another thread: I think Disney created this monster when bookings were way down in September years ago to bring more people in. We were at WDW when this was first started. Our travel agent assured us that crowds would be low in early September as always, because no one would get their kids out of school after it just started!!! Well, with the introduction of the new dp, it was insanely crowded with lots and lots of school age kids. I guess parents didn't want to miss out on "free dining" and I can't blame them.
Fast forward to today: Now Disney does not need to have more crowds and the resorts are doing great! So they have created this program that people are used to and want to use. I think they want to discourage use of the dp and to do away with it (or decrease it's value a lot) in the future. It was designed to draw much needed crowds at that time. It worked. Now when they don't really need it anymore, IMO they are trying to discourage usage. Look how it has changed over the years. Just myopinion.

We are doing a split stay and taking the DDP for three days. Doing the math, with the refillable mug and going to buffets, we are still ahead. I don't drink and my daughter is underage but over 10.

I don't think the policy is going to change in sharing credits, as long as your using an adult credit for an adult and same for the child. I'm booked in two rooms , with one room in deluxe and one with free qs dining. Just had to make a modification to my reservation a few minutes ago and was told that the policy has not changed. You can still use your credits any way you wish.

I don't think the policy is going to change in sharing credits, as long as your using the an adult credit for an adult and same for the child. I'm booked in two , with one room in deluxe and one with free qs dining. Just had to make a modification to my reservation a few minutes ago and was told that the policy has not changed. You can still use your credits any way you wish.
Hullabaloo FTW!!! Huzzah!! It will still be interesting to see on the ground reports as they come in...

I don't think the policy is going to change in sharing credits, as long as your using the an adult credit for an adult and same for the child. I'm booked in two , with one room in deluxe and one with free qs dining. Just had to make a modification to my reservation a few minutes ago and was told that the policy has not changed. You can still use your credits any way you wish.

CM rarely get things right. Will be waiting for confirmation from folks that actually have success

the hardest part is those that have worked the plan/credits to work for their family. And then the rules changed. And it’s a big change. Regardless of what the materials have said, this is a huge change in administration

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter