2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

I expect DCL will follow the other lines and cancel through April 2021 as well. I'm not optimistic the DVC cruise will sail in June. Probably gets pushed to 2022.
I too am getting less optimistic about this 2021 cruise happening. Until any cruising starts operating out of US ports, and there’s yet to be any signs of that, can’t even hope this one will happen.

The 2020 Alaska MC has already been moved to end of August 2022. First MC Alaska in May 2015 there was also a second Caribbean MC at the end of the summer, so two MC in one summer is not unprecedented.

I too am getting less optimistic about this 2021 cruise happening. Until any cruising starts operating out of US ports, and there’s yet to be any signs of that, can’t even hope this one will happen.

The 2020 Alaska MC has already been moved to end of August 2022. First MC Alaska in May 2015 there was also a second Caribbean MC at the end of the summer, so two MC in one summer is not unprecedented.
I really hope that if it is cancelled, it comes in 2022.

People here have just posted that April cruises and some May cruises have disappeared from DCL’s website.

People here have just posted that April cruises and some May cruises have disappeared from DCL’s website.
DCLs approach & timing during this has been to remove from cruises the website approx a month before cancellations- ie March cruises were removed on December 15 and then March sailings cancelled on January 12.

This does not mean April and early May cruises for sure will be cancelled, only that as of now no new reservations will be accepted.

We are still waiting for those CDC-mandated test cruises from a US port for any cruise line to know when cruising might be closer to starting up again here. Until I hear word of those, though, I’m not as hopeful for ours to be able to happen.

Patricia, one cabin mate used points, and it’s for her that I am most anxious. DVC is not especially good to people who use points for cruising.

I have had one vaccine, and second should come February 17. My DSis, who is in my cabin, has one scheduled in March. Patricia does not have one scheduled. When you get the vaccine, you get a card, and you are told to keep the card safe, as you MAY BE NEEDING IT FOR TRAVEL! I suppose I think proof of vaccination may be a requirement to travel on ship in these times.

I have had one vaccine, and second should come February 17. My DSis, who is in my cabin, has one scheduled in March. Patricia does not have one scheduled. When you get the vaccine, you get a card, and you are told to keep the card safe, as you MAY BE NEEDING IT FOR TRAVEL! I suppose I think proof of vaccination may be a requirement to travel on ship in these times.
Hooray for you! I seriously don’t know if I will have the vaccine by sail date.....I’m too far down the groups here with too many people ahead and not enough supply yet.

Just to change the subject from the possibility of the cruise cancelling, has anyone who used the Chase Disney Visa card received a credit for the interest? I finally paid off the principal, but interest on the interest is still accruing!

Just to change the subject from the possibility of the cruise cancelling, has anyone who used the Chase Disney Visa card received a credit for the interest? I finally paid off the principal, but interest on the interest is still accruing!
My Chase Card never did show interest.
Contact Terry, that’s what I would do.

I signed up for Palo for the three of us, first night. The excursions are all listed.

Hooray for you! I seriously don’t know if I will have the vaccine by sail date.....I’m too far down the groups here with too many people ahead and not enough supply yet.
Any movement on your vaccine supply? Nancy has had her first shot, and Patricia, in OK, has appointment. However, in OK, they are having bad weather, and it has to be rescheduled.

Any movement on your vaccine supply? Nancy has had her first shot, and Patricia, in OK, has appointment. However, in OK, they are having bad weather, and it has to be rescheduled.
No - they just opened up to ages 65-74 in my county this week, with no aappointments available until March for that group so will take a while to get through them.

But supplies seems to be less available for first dose for a bit as the focus now (where it needs to be) is on dose 2 for those who have gotten the first one. With our numbers & current supply trends, I am hoping for maybe May....but who knows. I also don’t know which group will be next as there’s chatter of teachers or grocery folks regerdless of age. It’s a similar waiting game as most areas.

Excursions and dining for this cruise is not even on my radar, because of DCL not yet sailing anywhere. With each passing week of not yet sailing, I’m less hopeful this cruise will be able to happen.
Totally understand.
As I looked as some wonderful shore excursions, I wondered who exactly would feel totally safe doing these things in MX? I think I had been too hopeful for conditions in 2021. We have a DVC trip planned for 8 days from now, it will be the last chance to use the 2020 points we have, and DH and I feel less positive about going.

Totally understand.
As I looked as some wonderful shore excursions, I wondered who exactly would feel totally safe doing these things in MX? I think I had been too hopeful for conditions in 2021. We have a DVC trip planned for 8 days from now, it will be the last chance to use the 2020 points we have, and DH and I feel less positive about going.
I’m with you re excursions in Cozumel - my sister & I had a port stop there last February, and did the Pixar Coco painting one. They crammed 12 or 13 of us into a large minivan for the 20 min drive to the place. I was recalling that today when I looked at this year’s options & thought, no way would I do that this year even with a vaccine. People were just too close together. Disney will need to have larger busses so people can spread out.

^ Thats the excursion I would love to do!

Today we cancelled the WDW trip. We will wait until our vaccines have full strength before we go to WDW. The HHI part is still a possibility.

Thanks! I expect this cruise will move to 2022. Just waiting on the cancellation email.
I think you are right about it being cancelled. We will probably not be on it in 2022. We really want to see Alaska again, and are looking at a June 2022 cruise and land tour on Princess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter