2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

But they've never done it this way in prior years have they? Opened some kiosks and then the rest a few months later? (just trying to remain hopeful, I want that Bailey's shake lol)
They did it like that last year (opening some kiosks late) since it was a mix of flower and garden and food and wine. July is a very early start to food and wine, so I can understand why they're opening more on 10/1, right before the MK 50th anniversary.

They did it like that last year (opening some kiosks late) since it was a mix of flower and garden and food and wine. July is a very early start to food and wine, so I can understand why they're opening more on 10/1, right before the MK 50th anniversary.

I recall seeing on YouTube that some booths were only open on the weekends too. Hopefully, that isn’t the case this year. We’re going just one day this year on Wednesday, September 22.

I recall seeing on YouTube that some booths were only open on the weekends too. Hopefully, that isn’t the case this year. We’re going just one day this year on Wednesday, September 22.

I'm hoping that now that capacity is back to "normal" (or close to) this won't be a thing either. There were a few items I never tried last year b/c I stay away from weekends at F&W.

I would hope that is info that is released now before the festival starts. The only reason I am taking a trip to WDW is for F&W and I'm not going to be there on a Sat or Sun. I'm already missing the ones that open in Oct so if any of them are closed during the week it will be a complete waste of money and vacation time.
It would also make it very hard to consider WDW a vacation destination again too.
Fingers crossed with things getting back to normal that we don't have to worry about it though :wizard:

I would hope that is info that is released now before the festival starts. The only reason I am taking a trip to WDW is for F&W and I'm not going to be there on a Sat or Sun. I'm already missing the ones that open in Oct so if any of them are closed during the week it will be a complete waste of money and vacation time.
It would also make it very hard to consider WDW a vacation destination again too.
Fingers crossed with things getting back to normal that we don't have to worry about it though :wizard:

I agree. I too am disappointed that Belgium (waffles and beer), Brazil (pork belly), and Ireland (Guinness Baileys Shake and the Roasted Irish Sausage) won’t be open yet. If some of the others booths are closed because of the day of the week, I’ll be very disappointed.

Does anyone have any experience with eating at booths with a significant dairy intolerance? I believe the plant-based options should be safe, but it would be nice to be able to have some of the meat options, too.

Dh's lactose intolerance has gotten to the point where he just has to avoid anything with dairy (butter, hard cheese, even "non-dairy" creamer doesn't agree with him).

Thanks!

Does anyone have any experience with eating at booths with a significant dairy intolerance? I believe the plant-based options should be safe, but it would be nice to be able to have some of the meat options, too.

Dh's lactose intolerance has gotten to the point where he just has to avoid anything with dairy (butter, hard cheese, even "non-dairy" creamer doesn't agree with him).

Thanks!

I can have dairy, but too much and I won't have a great night!

I think reading the menus, it should be somewhat easy to figure out non-dairy meat options. I think the Swanky Swine will be good, the place with the wings, Japan, China, Mexico if there's no crema or cheese. France looks cheese/sauce heavy.
Pork belly from Brazil.
Hops and Barley have a hot beef sandwich that sounds good!
Kenya
Beef Pho at the noodle exchange...

I would steer clear of anything potato unless you know they aren't mashed with cream or cheese!

Many items where the dairy is a sauce you can request it be left off. Obviously if it's something cooked in there, they can't. Hubby has a dairy allergy. We'll have it put on the side so I can still try the dish as intended. :mickeybar

New to food and wine festival..is there a thread of pics/prices of just food and fine, or would they just be mixed in with regular reviews?

I'll be at Epcot on July 15, so it will be interesting to see what is, and what isn't, open. Luckily for me, I picked that date a long time ago, before I was aware that they'd be opening the F&W festival that day. It'll be interesting for me, because I always study the reviews very carefully to help me select what to eat, and this year I don't expect there'll be any reviews yet.

If the booths do not open until 11 and you go after breakfast....should you cancel dinner reservations?
Also is there a price list somewhere so you know what to budget?

Last edited:
If the booths do not open until 11 and you go after breakfast....should you cancel dinner reservations?
It certainly depends on your appetite, but we find that by the time we've gotten half way around World Showcase trying things at the various booths, that we aren't hungry. Now it may be different this year with so many of the booths not opening until October 1. Keep that in mind if you go before then.

Pretty much just cleared my week of Epcot ADRs except arrival day Via Napoli.
Heeding some valuable advice here. Maybe if Garden Grill breakfast came back I would reconsider..

Also is there a price list somewhere so you know what to budget?
Prices are about $5-$10 per item. There are 25 booths before October 1st. If you had one item at each booth, you'd spend about $125-$250 depending on which item you chose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter