2021 Resort Reservations

doleddanielle

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to give a heads-up that Disney just modified their website to include which resorts are able to be booked for 2021 beginning today! You can do this online - no horrendous wait times! If you have tickets/AP, you'll be able to reserve your park passes after booking.

Beginning Wednesday, June 24, Guests will be able to book their 2021 travel dates for select Disney Resort hotels. These include:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
    As of 6/24 evening, Jambo House has been taken off the list of resorts to reopen
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Last edited:
I booked for a short stay at Pop Century this morning with gift cards I already had.

What, if anything, has improved by then will still be the deciding factor if we actually go.

Booked a package w/tickets and made my park reservations easy peasy.

I'm in the boat waiting for December next year. I am hoping that opens in the near future. Just a question for everyone. Do the prices from last year on rack rate and packages look similar to last year? just wondering if anyone is seeing any crazy increases?
I was comparing just Jan 2021 to the same dates in 2020 on Mousesavers
https://www.mousesavers.com/2020-disney-world-room-rates-season-dates/
There is some increase.
One night standard studio Marathon weekend 2020 at Pop was $215 with tax, $240 with tax in 2021.

I noticed hoppers went up from $85 to $90 for our trip in 2021 too.

One other thing I noticed about Jan 2021 is almost all cash rooms are available right now, except the AllStars and POR seem to have been taken out of circulation.

Pure speculation, but maybe POR is going to see a resort theme change?

I'm in the boat waiting for December next year. I am hoping that opens in the near future. Just a question for everyone. Do the prices from last year on rack rate and packages look similar to last year? just wondering if anyone is seeing any crazy increases?

Me too. I have an AP voucher with an existing mid-December 2020 resort stay. I'm looking to book in early-December 2021 so that I can get two trips in with the same AP. I wonder when Disney will open up resort reservations past September 2021. When I'm able to book December 2021 may impact whether I decide to go this year.

Does anyone think that there will be offers coming for 2021 for 25% room discounts or is rack rate the new normal as Disney tries to recoup losses because of covid? I am trying to budget our wedding/Disney Honeymoon/travel costs to and from Disney. Thanks.

So I think with the 50th coming up 'rack rate' will be the new norm. People will pay to come to the celebrations regardless of price. If anything I would think deals on dining to get more people to do add-ons maybe. Or the addition of purchased fastpasses. But they will book and sell out starting November till the end of the 50th celebration.

Also the POP and AoA price raises are most definitely due to the addition of new transportation. This was talked about on the podcast, and to be honest, I would pay 50 more for not having to ride a bus.

These prices are out of control. We are renting DVC at the boardwalk, but I wanted to take a look to see if dining plan was available ( it isn’t) We are paying less than $200 more than the Pop would cost for our dates, and less than half the rack rate for Boardwalk.

So I think with the 50th coming up 'rack rate' will be the new norm. People will pay to come to the celebrations regardless of price. If anything I would think deals on dining to get more people to do add-ons maybe. Or the addition of purchased fastpasses. But they will book and sell out starting November till the end of the 50th celebration.

Also the POP and AoA price raises are most definitely due to the addition of new transportation. This was talked about on the podcast, and to be honest, I would pay 50 more for not having to ride a bus.
It think that they are going to have to offer some discounts, at least early in the year, to get people in.
Pop and AoA aren’t worth what they are asking. Coronado was only $30 a night more for our dates. If they are indeed $50 a night more than the all stars, you could do a lot better that $50 a day with Uber or Lyft.

I saved a cart for late September 2021 since we can't book October yet, but I don't think I'm going through with actually booking the reservation. The rack rates are way too high, especially with all of the uncertainty about what will even be offered in terms of dining or entertainment. And, if I am paying high rates, I would want to come after the 50th celebration has started. (I am of course assuming Covid-19 more or less is in the rearview by then, otherwise we won't travel to WDW at all).

These prices are out of control. We are renting DVC at the boardwalk, but I wanted to take a look to see if dining plan was available ( it isn’t) We are paying less than $200 more than the Pop would cost for our dates, and less than half the rack rate for Boardwalk.

So I have a question on this. We looked at renting DVC for December next year at Boardwalk. It's almost $3,000 less to rent DVC points than rack rate. But what happens if we rent and we need to cancel? How does that work. We like the idea that if we book direct with Disney we can cancel at any time up to 30 days before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter