2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival (July 14 - November 19, 2022)

I
There was one year where the details of the special events were not released until the day you could call in to make reservations for them. That was an absolute mess!!! People were calling in without any knowledge and asking about events that had been scheduled in previous years and the CM's on the phone didn't know. - One of the finest moments of Disney's IT dept!
I remember that year. What a disaster that was. If I recall it took them several weeks to straighten everything out.

I remember! that was really awful....since we are coming in from California we NEED to be able to make reservations as far out as possible. I just think that they are going to go cheap like the last two years more and more. It's so sad...we are spoiled by the before times. :(
I' remember way back to the before times when there were tents around World Showcase for the seminars and they were free and the Restaurant Pairings were only $35.

Not sure what is happening this year (fingers crossed for a return to "normal" with demos, tastings, and luncheons), but I am at least encouraged that the plans for the "Festival Stage" include a demonstration kitchen.

I remember that year where you could book without knowing any information well. What a cluster! That was also the year they offered the VIP package where you got some goodies in your hotel room and then there were several VIP areas around the World Showcase lagoon and you could sit down and order items from nearby booths and a CM would go get it for you! I didn't book it because there was such limited info about it (think it was only certain days and was unclear if you could use over the course of a couple weeks) and I'm still sad I didn't get to experience it.

Not sure what is happening this year (fingers crossed for a return to "normal" with demos, tastings, and luncheons), but I am at least encouraged that the plans for the "Festival Stage" include a demonstration kitchen.

I remember that year where you could book without knowing any information well. What a cluster! That was also the year they offered the VIP package where you got some goodies in your hotel room and then there were several VIP areas around the World Showcase lagoon and you could sit down and order items from nearby booths and a CM would go get it for you! I didn't book it because there was such limited info about it (think it was only certain days and was unclear if you could use over the course of a couple weeks) and I'm still sad I didn't get to experience it.
I doubt this will be ready by this year, sadly. I do miss the old festival center where they had the little $10 or $15 pairing demos you could just sign up for day of. I also miss the meal pairings at the countries, I loved the ones in Mexico and Morocco. I do remember the last year they did the demos if it was a food demo they no longer had wine pairings with them, it was just the food or you could book just a wine tasting demo with no food. Still, those were better than nothing although the ones with the food demo and wine pairing were the best. Remember the moderator that everyone disliked who always got a little sloshed during them? Ahhh, good times.

Remember the moderator that everyone disliked who always got a little sloshed during them? Ahhh, good times.
Oh, yes. Pam Smith. What memories! There would be some of the culinary demos where it appeared that host chef was not too happy with her presence and questions.

I had to go ahead and pick a day for the MNSSHP in hopes that it was a local band like Garden Rocks. I picked October 6th a Thursday. Paid more than I wanted but in 2019 my band Sugar Ray was there on the 1st and 2nd and I can't risk missing them again this year. I have seen them every year since 2014 except for 2017 and during the pandemic :(. Hopefully they will release the names soon!

I had to go ahead and pick a day for the MNSSHP in hopes that it was a local band like Garden Rocks. I picked October 6th a Thursday. Paid more than I wanted but in 2019 my band Sugar Ray was there on the 1st and 2nd and I can't risk missing them again this year. I have seen them every year since 2014 except for 2017 and during the pandemic :(. Hopefully they will release the names soon!
Yeah, I know exactly how you feel! I picked my MNSSHP day today too but mine is in September. I wish they would come out with SOMETHING! ANY THING! it's really frustrating having to work around the dates in hopes you don't miss something you've been waiting for. Good luck and HAVE FUN

I'm doubtful that special events will be returning unless they were profitable.

Oh man, I'd love to catch Sugar Ray!

I' remember way back to the before times when there were tents around World Showcase for the seminars and they were free and the Restaurant Pairings were only $35.
Those were amazing.
We also loved the cheap tastings in the event center with different winemakers pouring their wines and teaching you about them. Sadly, not always well attended and thats probably why they stopped.
Hoping the lunch food and wine pairings are back. Love the ones at Mexico, Italy, Mediteranean and France.

I can't wait for the menus to released. Hoping for some returning favorites and new things to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter