2022 Military Discount?

EmilyGahr

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

We have a trip planned for January/February 2022 (currently have a room only reservation booked as a place holder), and are hoping the Military discount will be extended to next year.

Typically (in normal years) I believe the Military room discounts are released at the end of September. Do you think it will be the same this year? Or will it be sooner since 2022 vacation packages were made available so early this year?

Thanks!

Nobody knows, so your guess is a good as anyone else's! As you said, it's usually at the end of September, so I would just wait and see what happens at that time. Have fun!

Can you explain the military room discounts? We are traveling (March 2022) with my brother&sister-in-law and he's former Coast Guard. Do we need to book things in his name to take advantage of any possible military discounts? We are getting two rooms - would a discount only apply to their room or would it apply to the whole reservation? Also is it better to get tickets separately through their base and only book the room or should we do it as a package now? And if we get the tickets through the base, is there any issues hooking them to our reservation (ie for dining reservations windows & hopefully fastpasses)?

Sorry that was a lot of questions. I'm trying to book now and my sister-in-law just asked me to look into the military discounts. It never occurred to me since he's retired but apparently it still applies?

Hi! I'll do my best to answer your questions.

You can book up to three rooms with the discount, but note that they have to be at the same resort and have the same check in day. So the discount will apply to both rooms that you are booking.

Anyone can book the reservation, but the military member needs to be on the reservation of one of the rooms, and present at check in to provide proof of service (Veteran ID in your case I believe).

Getting tickets through the base is cheaper, but they only sell up to 5 day tickets, and you can only buy up to 6 tickets. You will have no issues linking the tickets to My Disney Experience to make reservations!

When booking the reservation, you have the option to book as a room-only reservation or a ticketless package reservation. Do you plan to add the dining plan if it becomes available? If so you'll need to book as a ticketless package. If you book a room-only reservation, the deposit is the cost of one night plus tax, but if you book a ticketless package, the deposit is only $200.

The military discount for 2022 is not available yet - in past years it is released sometime in September, so keep an eye out and book as soon as it's released - the discount rooms sell out FAST!

Hope this helped!

Following. Bummed they haven’t been released yet. I’m trying not to worry that they won’t be renewed this year.
Same for me. I'm booked at Shades of Green next April but I'm getting worried they are going to discontinue the program.

I don't think the program will be discontinued since they renewed it for Disneyland earlier this year. I think the ticket will definitely come back but not sure about the room discount.

I contacted Guest Services to ask about the Military Discount for 2022 and to let them know how much it is appreciated. They responded today that they have no specific information to share regarding a discount for 2022. I know they really can’t say anything before there is an official announcement. Hopefully, this doesn’t mean they are not going to offer one at all. I’m still hoping they may announce something soon.

I'm starting to get a little stressed...we have 3 trips planned next year (with the first one starting Jan 6) and love the way the 5 day military tickets could be used on separate trips. We could use 2 days in Jan, 2 in March, and 1 in October for the price of 1 military salute ticket. I priced it out and it would be $800-900 per person if we had to buy each trip separately. We have timeshare points (not DVC) that need to be used, so we are coming to Orlando anyways, but I don't know what we will do about tickets without the military salute.

What do you think the chances are that they won't offer a discount this year? My husband is getting antsy about buying tickets for our January trip (starting January 2nd but may move it back a few days) and is getting ready to just buy tickets now. I want him to wait for the military discount but I'm not sure how long to wait. If it weren't for park reservations I wouldn't be concerned, but the other day Hollywood Studios wasn't available for the week we're planning.

What do you think the chances are that they won't offer a discount this year? My husband is getting antsy about buying tickets for our January trip (starting January 2nd but may move it back a few days) and is getting ready to just buy tickets now. I want him to wait for the military discount but I'm not sure how long to wait. If it weren't for park reservations I wouldn't be concerned, but the other day Hollywood Studios wasn't available for the week we're planning.
As someone mentioned above, they already released 2022 military tickets for Disneyland. Completely different parks, I know, but I can't imagine they do something for DL and nothing for WDW.

We are also going early January and have seen park reservations appear and disappear for some of our days over the last week or so. We've decided to go ahead and buy the MYW tickets. We had already been thinking about it some to get a 6-day ticket but the concern over park availability, we've decided to bite the bullet. I'm sure as soon as we pay, they will probably renew the discount though. Sigh.

We are also going early January and have seen park reservations appear and disappear for some of our days over the last week or so. We've decided to go ahead and buy the MYW tickets. We had already been thinking about it some to get a 6-day ticket but the concern over park availability, we've decided to bite the bullet. I'm sure as soon as we pay, they will probably renew the discount though. Sigh.

Yeah, we're super close to doing the same. We don't want to miss out on anything and it's starting to feel too risky to wait. Maybe that's Disney's plan! Wait a bit longer to release the discount so fewer people will use it? It's just a bummer to be upping the budget to accommodate Genie+ and paying for rides and then also paying more for tickets if we don't have to. We're wavering between staying at POR or the campground anyway so I'm not as concerned about the room discount.

Yeah, we're super close to doing the same. We don't want to miss out on anything and it's starting to feel too risky to wait. Maybe that's Disney's plan! Wait a bit longer to release the discount so fewer people will use it? It's just a bummer to be upping the budget to accommodate Genie+ and paying for rides and then also paying more for tickets if we don't have to. We're wavering between staying at POR or the campground anyway so I'm not as concerned about the room discount.

I budgeted as if I had to pay full price but I really don't want to pay more. My parents were already going to pay gate prices because my BIL can only get 6 tickets and he needs four for his immediate family. My other sister and I were going to take advantage of the extra tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter