2022 MNSSHP dates?

mggeary

DIS Veteran
Assuming offered, any guesses on what days of week for mid-late August 2022 (?Sun, Tue, Fri)? Any when they may announce dates?

Do we really think they’re bringing MNSSHP back? I think they’d rather keep Boo Bash. Costs them much less to put on and they charge a much higher premium because it’s an “after hours” event. Profit margins on Boo Bash are much higher.

As someone who attended both events, I can only say I will not go back to Boo Bash if they don't bring it up to speed with Very Merriest. Boo Bash was way too scaled back for the price tag. They had a parade at Very Merriest and many of the character meets are back - there is no excuse for not bringing those elements back to the Halloween party.

As someone who attended both events, I can only say I will not go back to Boo Bash if they don't bring it up to speed with Very Merriest. Boo Bash was way too scaled back for the price tag. They had a parade at Very Merriest and many of the character meets are back - there is no excuse for not bringing those elements back to the Halloween party.
They sold out Boo Bash without having those elements so I don’t see them bringing them back without a substantial price increase.

They sold out Boo Bash without having those elements so I don’t see them bringing them back without a substantial price increase.

Agreed. I'm fine with that. We paid more to attend the Christmas party than the Halloween party (in fact, we did the Christmas party twice). I felt the Christmas party was worth the price tag. I would pay more if they increase the offerings for the Halloween party.

We attended the Boo Bash twice last year, one was a rain out and the other clear weather. My preference is the MNSSHP and hope they bring it back. I am not a fan of the mini parades and we will not attend another Boo bash.
This may be the year we do Disneyland in October.

Attachments

• 422A9ADA-2204-4E2A-8C11-4A5F66FEC50F.jpeg
    422A9ADA-2204-4E2A-8C11-4A5F66FEC50F.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I expect it’ll be Boo Bash on Tuesday and Thursdays with Sunday and maybe Friday added mid-Sept thru Oct…it will cost way more than last year but I think they’ll throw in a better parade and/or maybe fireworks to make the price more palatable…

I expect it’ll be Boo Bash on Tuesday and Thursdays with Sunday and maybe Friday added mid-Sept thru Oct…it will cost way more than last year but I think they’ll throw in a better parade and/or maybe fireworks to make the price more palatable…

It started Aug 10th last year... if they can inch it into July, they will. Just can't imagine costumes in August's heat.

I do expect they'll add back many of the things that MVMCP were able to start back with.... but like most everything DISNEY, it's going to cost more and offer less than what folk experienced in the past. Biggest is I expect they won't be closing MK early like in years past - I think they'll stick with the party starts after the normal, normal hours end.

For those complaining about Boo Bash you do realize it was an after hours event and not a party. The pricing was on par with an after hours event. Yes it had aspects of MNSSHP thrown in, ie trick or treating, but it wasn’t a party and those who went in expecting it to be the same are the ones who walked out disappointed. The appeal to an after hours event is the walk on rides and free snacks/drinks unlike MNSSHP which was/is an overpacked party with long wait times for rides but it did have the parade, fireworks, stage show, special characters and trick or treating but it didn’t have free snacks/drinks. We’ve done both after hours and MNSSHP multiple times and love both for their different offerings. With that being said though I hope they bring back MNSSHP as Halloween is my favourite time of year and I can do after hours another time of year.

I would love the MNSSHP to come back, with with a limited attendance. We've been doing MNSSHP for years, but 2019 was the straw. There were so many people, it was busier than a normal park day by more than twice. We said not again until they start limiting attendance.
We did the Boo Bash last year and we enjoyed it but loved the low crowds. We missed having the MNSSHP offerings but didn't miss the crowds.
If we could get the best of both offerings (Boo Bash crowds & everything from MNSSHP), I'd pay for it. In all honesty, I'd probably pay no matter how much they want to charge.

We had tickets to the 8/24/21 Boo Bash that was canceled due to weather. People who chose to wait in line at City Hall that night were given the option of a full refund or a credit towards another party. I heard rumors that the credit could also be used towards a regular park ticket. If I go into MDE on my phone app it shows I have a Boo Bash ticket that expires on 8/24/22. If I go into tickets in MDE on my laptop I see nothing.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has had or has a Boo Bash credit and has used it or has any knowledge of how to use it and/or if it can be used instead for a regular park ticket?

Many thanks in advance!!

I doubt it’ll happen but it would be nice if there was an earlier option for those of us with little ones but they probably won’t go back to that

For those complaining about Boo Bash you do realize it was an after hours event and not a party. The pricing was on par with an after hours event. Yes it had aspects of MNSSHP thrown in, ie trick or treating, but it wasn’t a party and those who went in expecting it to be the same are the ones who walked out disappointed. The appeal to an after hours event is the walk on rides and free snacks/drinks unlike MNSSHP which was/is an overpacked party with long wait times for rides but it did have the parade, fireworks, stage show, special characters and trick or treating but it didn’t have free snacks/drinks. We’ve done both after hours and MNSSHP multiple times and love both for their different offerings. With that being said though I hope they bring back MNSSHP as Halloween is my favourite time of year and I can do after hours another time of year.

Disney's Very Merriest was an after hours party - in fact, it was called Disney Very Merriest After Hours and it was far and away better than Boo Bash. It included free snacks/beverages, a full parade and a huge stage show. Given the current circumstances with full parades and fireworks back plus character meet and greets, I say there is no way they bring Boo Bash back in last year's format. They showed with Very Merriest, they can offer so much more for the incredibly hefty price they are charging. Did you attend either Boo Bash or Very Merriest After Hours? Doesn't sound like it. We attended both and have also done the after-hours events, MNSSHP and MVMCP multiple times. Boo Bash was the only time we walked away thinking we got very, little value for our ticket price and we won't do it again if they continue with the 2021 format.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter