2023 Dues Rolled Into 2024 For Direct Contract?

As it is "that time of year", I went to decide which dues I will pay by credit card and which dues over the course of the year, and I noticed that my dues on my 150 point direct VGF contract (purchased Sep 2023, closed Dec 2023) for 2024 were more than 1.5x my 125 resale contract (owned since earlier in the year). I'm no mathematician but that seemed wrong.

Looking through the "dues transaction history" it appears DVC thinks I have paid ZERO 2023 dues on my 150 direct contract (again, purchased Sept, closed Dec) and so it has rolled 4 months of the 2023 dues into my 2024 statement. Is that possible? I thought it was rolled into my initial contract purchase total amounts but I'm not sure where to check.

Since you actually closed on the contract in December, I have heard of them rolling dues into the following year, especially if you have financed the purchase. Just check your closing documents and payments to be sure you didn;t pay them at closing.

To add, you would owe the full 4 months of dues, even if you delayed the closing until December.

Once you closed, the dues show up…typically a week or two later…my guess is because they were adding the 2024 dues at the same time, it was all put it in at once.

Thank you, @Sandisw @KAT4DISNEY @Chuck S! Really appreciate the fast replies. Everything you said makes sense. Will double check my closing docs, but it sounds like that is what happened. Need to slightly adjust my mental math that it was (IIRC) "$161 after MB" but it's actually $161 plus your prorated 2023 dues per point... still a deal I'm very happy with for VGF direct.

Our first two DVC additions we purchased this way. Luckily I noticed it the first addition and paid them before the new year start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter