2023 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival Information and Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am soooo excited!! I just talked my mom into doing an impromptu Mother/Dughter trip down to EPCOT for one day to do food and wine in November !!! Already have my list started!!

Man I am missing some good food. I was supposed to be there Sept 23-30 so i could see 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men. I was looking forward to all the food and pin trading. But, Friday I was playing with the 2 yr old granddaughter and tripped and fell backwards an shattered my wrist so my Disney trip had to go bye bye since I will be out of work for 6-8 weeks. But I will be there for Flower and Garden next year. I will live vicariously though this thread and vloggers lol. Have a blast everyone and please post a picture of Nick Leshay for me!! ❤️💘😍

For those missing the wine tastings, Wine Bar George in Disney Springs is doing a 90-min wine tasting class (with cheese and charcuterie) with George himself on select dates (looks like mostly Mondays and Tuesdays) through August. $110. Hopefully it's a hit and they continue it into the fall. I've done a couple of special events they've held there, and they were really well done.

Summer Wine Experience: Learn How to Taste Wine with a Master Sommelier

We’re arriving on 9/30 so will have Boyz II Men for the first few days. Look like they added someone for the 10/3 - 10/5 part of our trip but I cannot find them on Spotify and Google isn’t really helping much either. Anyone familiar with ‘Wise Radio’??

In an attack on Canadians, the Beaver Tail has been removed from the Food and Wine festival menu.
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023/07/20/menu-change-announced-for-epcot-food-wine-festival-booth/

All joking aside, I was speculating with my party that there was a bit of infringement happening with this one. I'm no Beaver Tail expert, but coming from the land of maple syrup, I've only ever seen the "official" Beaver Tail trucks and stores. Perhaps Disney got themselves in a bit of a pickle with this one?

In an attack on Canadians, the Beaver Tail has been removed from the Food and Wine festival menu.
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023/07/20/menu-change-announced-for-epcot-food-wine-festival-booth/

All joking aside, I was speculating with my party that there was a bit of infringement happening with this one. I'm no Beaver Tail expert, but coming from the land of maple syrup, I've only ever seen the "official" Beaver Tail trucks and stores. Perhaps Disney got themselves in a bit of a pickle with this one?
ah man i had that on my list of things to try at food and wine :(

Very interesting. That was destined to be a top seller and money maker for them -- people were so excited. It sounds like when it was in EPCOT back in the day it was the "official" brand from that company. I wonder if they tried to do it on their own this time? Or just couldn't reach an agreement with the company? I have to imagine that all the festival passports had already been printed. Someone is having a bad week at work!

Damn... The Muppets and Beaver Tail news is a two-punch knock down, right there.
No kidding. Plus, I was planning to go on Aug 13 and was looking forward to seeing the Bacon brothers. I’m afraid that this late, they won’t be able to get any good/well known replacement and will end up with a local or cover band (not saying those bands aren’t good, but they don’t have the celebrity factor to draw people in). The two things I was most looking forward to (Muppets and Bacon brothers) being out, I may skip Epcot this trip and do something else.

They HAD to know that people would expect the mobile lab or “in real life” muppets based on the first announcement. I wonder if they planned to do something that didn’t work out, or if this is really just a case of super unclear marketing.
I wonder if the actors strike is preventing this

Very interesting. That was destined to be a top seller and money maker for them -- people were so excited. It sounds like when it was in EPCOT back in the day it was the "official" brand from that company. I wonder if they tried to do it on their own this time? Or just couldn't reach an agreement with the company? I have to imagine that all the festival passports had already been printed. Someone is having a bad week at work!
Well that was my first reaction when I saw the foodie guide. #1 they looked very small in comparison to the real ones, and #2 it didn't give any kind of indication is was official - no copyright symbols or capitalization on the name. I bet they would have been able to get away with it if they called it a cinnamon sugar pastry. Too bad, it would have actually been an authentic Canadian treat.

We’re arriving on 9/30 so will have Boyz II Men for the first few days. Look like they added someone for the 10/3 - 10/5 part of our trip but I cannot find them on Spotify and Google isn’t really helping much either. Anyone familiar with ‘Wise Radio’??
Do you have Amazon Music? They are on that. If you have Amazon Prime, you have Amazon Music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter