2023 MCM thread

Long shot here. I am looking to meet new people after a weird separation. Is anyone interested in meeting up on Saturday Oct 28 for coffee or lunch? Possible location would be National Harbor after packet pickup (lots of options there for both coffee/lunch). @striker1064 I'd even be willing to pick you up along the way at a convenient Metro station. DM/PM me if you're interested. I'm actually going to be out of town for the MCM, I have to head up to Hershey, PA for a work confererence. But I'm in town the Saturday!

Last edited:

I have deferred to next year. About 4 weeks ago I developed some knee issues that although getting better are not great. So I am going to focus on Dopey at this point and hopefully can be ready for that weekend, but definitely not for 10/29…

Wishing you all a great race!

The expo is at National Harbor??? Why????
$$$, I'm sure. The old expo location, the DC Armory building, was nothing fancy, but at least it had Metro rail access. National Harbor is much nicer but does not have Metro rail access, which any local will tell you is key for any big event around here, since traffic can be a disaster at any hour.

I have deferred to next year. About 4 weeks ago I developed some knee issues that although getting better are not great. So I am going to focus on Dopey at this point and hopefully can be ready for that weekend, but definitely not for 10/29…

Sorry to hear! Good luck healing up and getting Dopey-ready!

Same here. Meniscus acutely worsening about 2 weeks ago. Had to defer MCM to hopefully save Dopey/Dumbo. Surgery planned for after Dumbo. Good luck to both of us.

Same here. Meniscus acutely worsening about 2 weeks ago. Had to defer MCM to hopefully save Dopey/Dumbo. Surgery planned for after Dumbo. Good luck to both of us.
Thanks, and good luck to you!

Down to a week now. The weather forecast is looking very nice, at least for yours truly.
My lungs in particular don't do well once the temps get down to the lower 50s or below.
Looks like start time temp will be right at 55, and still only 66-67 at 1 pm. Low chance of rain. Perfect.
I'm pumped.

Just found out I will be at the aid station shortly after mile 17, on the mall. I'll keep an eye out for you!
I am terrible at spotting people at races, even when I know where to look, so if you do see me, yell out, Andrew and I may hear it and wave.
Hopefully in the heat of the race, I am paying enough attention around miles 17 to look for you

Sitting in the airport waiting to board…

I have done something like 6 half marathons and two full marathons, and I think this is the most keyed up I have been before a race since that very first half marathon, which was at Disney. Maybe it is just the unfamiliarity of the event, and wanting to do well in it, versus just finishing.
Trying not to overthink it…

Sitting in the airport waiting to board…

I have done something like 6 half marathons and two full marathons, and I think this is the most keyed up I have been before a race since that very first half marathon, which was at Disney. Maybe it is just the unfamiliarity of the event, and wanting to do well in it, versus just finishing.
Trying not to overthink it…
Just put on some music, tv, book, movie. You've got this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter