• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2023 resort bookings ?

Starwind

DIS Veteran
Any idea when it will be possible to book resort reservations that take place entirely in 2023 ?

It is currently possible the book a reservation that starts in december 2022 and ends in january 2023, so I know the price per night that our planned january 2023 stay will be, but it won't let us book the jan 2023 or the feb 2023 stays we want. I called WDW today and they can't book them by phone either.

We normally book closer to 499 days out, so it is strange being this close without the hotel booked ;-)

I've tried to book for Jan/Feb 2023 by calling them a few times and each time I've been told they can't book for 2023 yet (because Disney hasn't released a 'code' and also because of covid) and to wait until it's released online even though the dates we want are within 499 days.

One cast member said to try again in the new year but others are saying we might not be able to book until June which is stressing me out because I like to have everything booked way in advance 😂

Yeah, we’re in a new era of timing for Disney bookings. The 500 day rolling window stopped when 500 days became 1/1/2023 a few months ago.

Often package bookings come out +/- June for the following year… TBD if we have to wait until then for Disney to open room-only bookings, or if they open them up sometime sooner. Sure would be nice if it was sooner.

Yeah, it is going to be very weird feeling booking airfare in January/February with no hotel booked... the B2B cruise already is.

Thanks for the replies!

Thank you to the Starwind for starting this thread. Everything is changed these days, so all the posts reassured me. Now I know that I have to pick dates and call if I want rate info for now.

Thank you to the Starwind for starting this thread. Everything is changed these days, so all the posts reassured me. Now I know that I have to pick dates and call if I want rate info for now.

Most welcome.

We called and were able to make our reservations for WL and AKL in early 2023. Kind of a pain to not be able to book online, but glad to have the booking done. Lucked out on the call too -- only had to wait on hold a few minutes.

SW

Is is beneficial to book a room now and then just add tickets later for 2024? I don’t see a price difference between a room-only vs package pricing for current openings. So, what’s the con is just doing a room-only for 2023 other than some different cancellation policies and deposits?

Is is beneficial to book a room now and then just add tickets later for 2024? I don’t see a price difference between a room-only vs package pricing for current openings. So, what’s the con is just doing a room-only for 2023 other than some different cancellation policies and deposits?

We always book a room only reservation at the earliest opportunity as it secures the type of room we want at the resort we want, even though it is at rack rate because we are booking so far out [which we are willing to pay if there don't end up being any discounts closer in]. We may or may not change the reservation to a package once those become available or at a closer point to the trip. Also, we do try to add any relevant discounts to the reservation as those become available, but there aren't always any. More than once we have had a trip where there were either no discounts at all, or the available discounts did not apply to our resort or the room type we wanted was not longer available so not available for the discount.

We have always been happy booking a room only first, even if we make changes later. I prefer to know we have the reservation we want.

SW

Just called WDW to book a room at Beach Club for early March, 2023. I was told they can't do so yet. Something to do with DVC members getting 1st priority. She told me to call back in June/July when rooms will have opened up. Yet others on here indicate they've booked WL and AKL for 2023 already. I'm wondering if room openings depend upon the resort? It just didn't make sense to me and I'm nervous about waiting til summer to book the rooms.

Just called WDW to book a room at Beach Club for early March, 2023. I was told they can't do so yet. Something to do with DVC members getting 1st priority. She told me to call back in June/July when rooms will have opened up. Yet others on here indicate they've booked WL and AKL for 2023 already. I'm wondering if room openings depend upon the resort? It just didn't make sense to me and I'm nervous about waiting til summer to book the rooms.

Were you trying to book at Disney's Beach Club Villas ?

She told me the only thing available right now was a deluxe studio at $3,000 a night! Lol. Someone did just tell me they are building Beach Club DVC villas now, near the Carribean resort. So maybe they are reserving regular rooms at Beach Club until the DVC property is open?

Also she told me, even if rooms were available, it would be a "room only" reservation. A package deal with tickets can't be booked until this summer, so we'd have to cancel the room only and rebook room plus tickets as a new reservation this summer. I think this applies to any 2023 reservations at any resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter