2023 Universal Holiday Info

First timer to US. According to the website it looks like the parade starts on November 17th which is before Thanksgiving. If that's the case we'll be able to see it. :) Since it's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade I thought it wouldn't get to Universal until after Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if it would truly start on November 17?

Universal Studios has their own character themed Macys Parade which is different than the Official Macys Parade in New York City on Thanksgiving Day .
I have been to NY to watch it on a very cold day so my vote goes for Universal as the better more enjoyable experience …maybe .

Reactions: AJA
Universal Studios has their own character themed Macys Parade which is different than the Official Macys Parade in New York City on Thanksgiving Day .
I have been to NY to watch it on a very cold day so my vote goes for Universal as the better more enjoyable experience …maybe .
Oh, Ok. Thank you for that info. I'm excited for the parade now!

First timer to US. According to the website it looks like the parade starts on November 17th which is before Thanksgiving. If that's the case we'll be able to see it. :) Since it's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade I thought it wouldn't get to Universal until after Thanksgiving. Does anyone know if it would truly start on November 17?
I think the balloons are only about half the size or smaller than the actual Macy's balloons. But it still is a nice parade. But don't think that you are getting a spectacle like the real Macy's parade because it is not even remotely close. The only real similarity is that they both have character balloons. It is just about a dozen floats and balloons along with some dancers. But I still love it anyway and consider it a must see/do.

Reactions: AJA

I think the balloons are only about half the size or smaller than the actual Macy's balloons. But it still is a nice parade. But don't think that you are getting a spectacle like the real Macy's parade because it is not even remotely close. The only real similarity is that they both have character balloons. It is just about a dozen floats and balloons along with some dancers. But I still love it anyway and consider it a must see/do.
Good to know. Thanks. Looking forward to seeing it.

Interesting that Manheim is playing on Dec 2 and there is also an Orlando Informer event that night. Does anyone know when Manheim usually plays?

We have tickets to the OI event that evening.
On the French buying that night as the park will be open later to day guests 8:00 pm. Closing is an hour later for the event at 1:30 pm tho

have you done it before, do you recommend?

On the French buying that night as the park will be open later to day guests 8:00 pm. Closing is an hour later for the event at 1:30 pm tho

have you done it before, do you recommend?
We've not done either of these things: the OI event or seeing Manheim Steamroller at the parks.

I'm not at all interested in Manheim, but my wife likes them and might be interested.

In the past Universal has NOT blocked the Mannheim concerts from the lower tier AP’s.
That’s only since Covid I think. DH definitely had to upgrade to a Power pass in 2018 or 2019 to get into US on a MS day.
Does anyone know if there are decorations at Volcano Bay?
Don’t recall ever seeing them. Didn’t see anything yesterday there and most of the resort trees are going up this week. Of course I could have just missed seeing them!

That’s only since Covid I think. DH definitely had to upgrade to a Power pass in 2018 or 2019 to get into US on a MS day.

Don’t recall ever seeing them. Didn’t see anything yesterday there and most of the resort trees are going up this week. Of course I could have just missed seeing them!
Thanks! We will be there next weekend and are excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter