• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2023 When Will Your Christmas Tree Go Up?

N

nw6675

For the past two years we've shared when our tree is going up. The thread was about 15 pages last year.

This year share anything that changed or new traditions. Reshare your old! Have things completely gone back to normal post pandemic? Funny stories or mishaps? Griswold adventures?

We put our tree up in October in 2020 😁🎄🎅

Last edited by a moderator:
Great topic @eksmama01!

Our tradition is to buy a cut tree the day after Thanksgiving, let it sit and settle for a few days in water, then we decorate depending on our schedule that week.

Last year we switched our dining and living room, so made the leap to two trees. (Editing to add that the now dining room has a large picture window, and we enjoy seeing a lit tree in that window, so that’s the reason for two trees. Or at least that’s what i told my husband) The one in the dining room has all of the fragile collectible ornaments, and the living room has the handmade & sentimental.

We’ve now added collecting Disney ornaments in to the mix. I see needing a 3rd themed tree in a few years! Who has a Disney tree?? :smickey:

Also, we put up our outdoor lights the weekend before Thanksgiving, and turn them on the day after Thanksgiving.

The tree will go up Thanksgiving weekend. It will be decorated twice. I have a 4-year-old in the house who likes to "help." After he "helps," and goes to bed, I take it apart and redo it and he doesn't know the difference.
I remember doing this!!

And also at least 1 year, maybe more, my breakables stayed packed away in boxes after my 1 year old son broke two! Lesson learned.

We usually buy our tree the day after Thanksgiving. That gives it plenty of time to become a major fire hazard before it is taken down.

This year it will come down on the 26th since the housekeepers are due on the 27th. Makes no sense to take the dry crusty tree down after the cleaners come.

We put our tree up about a week before Christmas Day.
I'll decorate the inside of the house with a few things the weekend after Thanksgiving.
We do put up outside lights - those will go up when we are so inclined anytime between now and the weekend after Thanksgiving. If they go up early I don't turn them on until the day after Thanksgiving.

It's less a conversation in our house about when to put the tree up, and more a conversation about when to take it down! I'm ready to take it down on the 26th and put everything Christmas away - it's not that I don't like the holiday, I do! I'm just ready to move on after that...and not being Christian don't feel a obligation to keep it up until Epiphany. My husband is though, and does enjoy it up for a while though so we do.

Last night as we were watching a bit of television before bed we started wondering if we'd see any of the Christmas commercials we see every year starting today - like the hershey kiss/bell one, one of the coffee (Maxwell? Folgers? - oh well, doesn't matter), and the coffee creamer ones we see.

When I feel like opening the cupboard it’s in fully decorated and covered in a tarp since I’m NOT dusting it. When the space was renovated made sure to include this idea in the finished plan. Used to keep it in a spare bathroom‘s shower stall in a past residence, LOL.
Life is too short to put an ornament in the “perfect” spot and then take it apart only to attempt recreation a year later 😉.

My DD20's Christmas tree in her bedroom is already up - I did that the beginning of October. I'll plug it in the day she comes home for Thanksgiving break which will be the day before Thanksgiving. The tree is not a huge tree, but it is as tall as me, but skinny - it's just enough for the corner of her bedroom.

My 2 big trees go up in 2 weeks. My front room tree is formal - white, gold, silver and red. My family room tree is the fun tree - colored lights with all our family ornaments on it.

The remainder of the Christmas decorations come out the day after Thanksgiving and I decorate all day Friday and Saturday and then Sunday is when all the boxes go back up into the attic. Every year I say I'm not going to decorate as much, and every year I do. I love how the inside of the house looks when it's done, but it's a lot of work, and since everyone enjoys it as much as they do, I continue to to be a Christmas Elf to make sure everything looks perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter