$21 Livingsocial deal on San Diego Zoo Safari Park Admission + Tram

This is a great deal. I bought ours for the summer.
Thanks for posting. I'm going to have to remember to check for more deals before we go.

If visiting the Zoo and the Safari park it maybe cheaper to buy a zoo annual pass. They are $109 for a dual adult membership.

I'm not sure what all it includes this year but last year for $109 total our pass included 1 yr admission to both parks for my wife and I, 4 1 day passes to either park for guests, free parking at Safari park (zoo is always free) and discounts for other items. For 2 adults and 2 children visiting both parks this was a great deal and my wife and I returned to the zoo later in the year for free.

If visiting the Zoo and the Safari park it maybe cheaper to buy a zoo annual pass. They are $109 for a dual adult membership.

I'm not sure what all it includes this year but last year for $109 total our pass included 1 yr admission to both parks for my wife and I, 4 1 day passes to either park for guests, free parking at Safari park (zoo is always free) and discounts for other items. For 2 adults and 2 children visiting both parks this was a great deal and my wife and I returned to the zoo later in the year for free.

Huff, I think I've mentioned this to you before, but just so nobody reading is confused, last year you bought a higher tier membership, because those items (free parking at the Safari Park and 4 guest passes) were not included with the standard membership, which is currently $109 for the dual. They used to be included with the highest level Diamond membership which is $149.

I do have to add that as of 2012, zoo membership no longer includes free guests passes. There are reduced guest passes, but no longer free, so anyone considering zoo membership may want to read up on the new benefits: http://donate.sandiegozoo.org/site/PageNavigator/MembershipBeneifitsLightboxes/MembershipBenefits

The Living Social special is for the Safari Park ONLY. It is not good for the Zoo, and they will not exchange it for a Zoo ticket.

Also, if you are out of Zip Codes 91900-92899, you do not qualify for the lower cost memberships. The lowest level you could purchase would be the Keeper's Club level which is $175 for 2 adults.

Huff, I think I've mentioned this to you before, but just so nobody reading is confused, last year you bought a higher tier membership, because those items (free parking at the Safari Park and 4 guest passes) were not included with the standard membership, which is currently $109 for the dual. They used to be included with the highest level Diamond membership which is $149.

I do have to add that as of 2012, zoo membership no longer includes free guests passes. There are reduced guest passes, but no longer free, so anyone considering zoo membership may want to read up on the new benefits: http://donate.sandiegozoo.org/site/PageNavigator/MembershipBeneifitsLightboxes/MembershipBenefits

I'm not sure which membership we bought as they're now expired but the total cost for 2 adults and 2 child for both parks and parking was far cheaper than buying the passes separate.

Thats too bad they no longer give the free guest passes. That is what made it a great deal that saved us quite a bit. Do you know what the reduced guest passes offer? I don't see any further info on their website.

I'm not sure which membership we bought as they're now expired but the total cost for 2 adults and 2 child for both parks and parking was far cheaper than buying the passes separate.

Thats too bad they no longer give the free guest passes. That is what made it a great deal that saved us quite a bit. Do you know what the reduced guest passes offer? I don't see any further info on their website.

These are new, so I'm not too familiar, but since the website says they are a $54 value, and two adult tickets would cost $84, I'm guessing the discount guest pass allows for two guests to buy tickets for $15 each.

These are new, so I'm not too familiar, but since the website says they are a $54 value, and two adult tickets would cost $84, I'm guessing the discount guest pass allows for two guests to buy tickets for $15 each.

You are correct Sonnyjane. They get two coupons and each coupon is good for one ticket.

Hadn't seen this posted yet. Half off admission.

Does anyone know if this is the best deal, or are there better out there? We'd be eligible for SoCal discounts if there is such a thing.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/4-los-angeles/deals/305386-adult-park-and-tram-admission

ETA: Scrutinized the fine print, and it doesn't look like there's an expiration date! There are blackout dates though.

PAID VALUE DOES NOT EXPIRE

PROMOTIONAL VALUE EXPIRES ON December 20, 2012

Just a reminder though, this ticket is good only for the Safari Park, which is a 30 to 45 minute drive North of the Zoo. If anyone is coming from Disneyland area though, this is closer drive for you.

We have been told that we cannot exchange them, or apply them to admission at the Zoo.

thanks! this will be a nice addition to the socal citipass with zoo option so we can do both zoo/safari park (october).

How is this park?? is it worth spending a day ay? It looks similar to Animal Kingdom.

It is a great park, and has some animals that are not on exhibit at the Zoo. I would recommend if you have the time, that you visit it. I have not been to Animal Kingdom, so I can't comment on if it is similar.

anyone see any coupons for the zoo? we are going in Feb

You could look online or check with your hotel if you are staying in one. If you are a AAA member or have a Military ID, you can save 10% at the ticket window.

There are also passes available that you can buy online - Citypass - must but the UPGRADED pass through their website only or if you are going to SeaWorld too, there is a 3 in 1 ticket - unlimited visits for 7 days to the Zoo, SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park (30 miles north of Downtown)

You could look online or check with your hotel if you are staying in one. If you are a AAA member or have a Military ID, you can save 10% at the ticket window.

There are also passes available that you can buy online - Citypass - must but the UPGRADED pass through their website only or if you are going to SeaWorld too, there is a 3 in 1 ticket - unlimited visits for 7 days to the Zoo, SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park (30 miles north of Downtown)

thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter