$2100.75.to rent a mini-van!!!!!!Do prices usually go down??????

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
Oh my!!! I just go a price quote for a mini-van for Dec of next year for 11 days and it was $2100.75 with Alamo......Hmmmm I don't think so. I had one all set for July for 11 days with National for $460.00 but we had to change travlel plans. I am definitly not booking that one. National quoted me $812.00 but that is high too. Has anyone rented a van (has to be a van 3 kids one in wheelchair) in Dec. and had good luck with prices?? Do the prices usually go down or up (can they go any higher)YIKES......$2000.00 :earseek:

Are you renting at Orlando Airport? Try Dollar Rent A Car onsite at MCO. At their web site for December 2003, using pormo code KISS, you can rent a minivan for 11 days, $409, with tax's $540.82. They are located across the street from luggage pick up and we have used them many times with no problems. Dollars code discounts are sometimes the best prices around. Try to compare with other know discounts. More rental dicount codes here: www.pcpages.com/rentalcodes/

RobinLyn:D

This happened to me last year when I was looking for April car prices. The result was something like 1000.00 for the week. I guess this is the way of telling you its too early to be looking for cars. I wish they would just say "Too early for prices" or something similiar instead of giving such a weird price.

It's never too early to look, but you should know that the car rental companies jack up the prices at MCO from 12/15 through 12/31, since it's their busiest time of year. A few years ago, I obtained great rates for December by booking in March. Check Mousesavers.com for various discount codes. Most car rental reservations do not have cancellation penalties, so keep looking at Mousesavers and keep trying the various companies.

If you own a small business, apply for Alamo's small business program. Using that discount, you can get a 7 passenger minivan for $712 (inlcuding taxes and fees) for 12/20/03 thorugh 12/31/03.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter