• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

27% Increase in Attendance???

raidermatt

Be water, my friend.
On one of the other boards, a couple of people have been saying they have heard news reports that WDW attendance is up 27% over last year, and of course they are using his as proof that WDW should be lengthening hours, adding Enights, etc. (not saying I am against lengthening hours, I just want accurate info)

I've refused to believe this without some sort of documented source, but no one has been able to provide one. (With the caveat that it might be possible if they are comparing Spring Break '02 to non Spring Break '01...).

I'm guessing that the 27% may refer to now vs. post 9/11, or some other unequal comparison.

Anyone hear this, or have any idea where this number may have come from? (one poster said they heard it on CNBC, but I couldn't find anything on their website).

Thanks....

Earnings just announced (minutes ago) show that Park & Resorts profits were down 8% this past quarter...So I'm with you on those numbers. Perhaps with all of the numbers coming out (as we speak) we can find some pertinent facts...

:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

There have been reports that the two Easter weeks (which were not included in that count to reach the 8% decline) were more than 20% greater than last year's Easter weeks. However, two weeks at the most peak time of year does not make a recovery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter