Born 2 Fish

I'D RATHER BE FISHING.
I wanna go to the Fort.
But I can't get there from here.
Help !! What do I do ??

I wanna go to the Fort.
But I can't get there from here.
Help !! What do I do ??

I think you may have fallen off yer rocker, Frank. But hey, if you can get there in 3 weeks, I'd enjoy sittin' down with ya to chew the fat..um..er..bacon.

I think you may have fallen off yer rocker, Frank. But hey, if you can get there in 3 weeks, I'd enjoy sittin' down with ya to chew the fat..um..er..bacon.

Thats kinda the consensus in my household too.
But I really do wanna go to the Fort,,really miss it, :sad1:
Glad ya'll get to go soon tho :woohoo: Are ya gonna do parks too ?

(I don't hold much hope on us being there in 3 weeks)

Thats kinda the consensus in my household too.
But I really do wanna go to the Fort,,really miss it, :sad1:
Glad ya'll get to go soon tho :woohoo: Are ya gonna do parks too ?
(I don't hold much hope on us being there in 3 weeks)

Well here's some background on us...don't fall asleep from boredom. On our trips while growing up, I became accustomed to the deluxe resorts...mostly Poly. Well now that I'm all growed-up, I have NO idea how my dad afforded that. Well, here comes my adoring girlfriend of 2 years who works for Southwest Airlines and gets a pretty nice discount at the cabins as well as free flights.

Now, before you go getting upset that I'm just going to Disney because I can get a discount and "settling" for staying at the fort, I have read some incredible testimonials to what FW means to people and how they would never stay anywhere else after (they too) stayed in deluxes and other moderates. I really want to try it and I know this has potential to be my new home at WDW.

I've never stayed at FW, but as you have seen by my other posts, I understand the concept of the FW family and the "Fiends" and you know that I have already become very protective of the fort and have done my best to defend it from campfire freeloaders and pool hoppers. So I'm putting in my time and and working toward my Fiend badge or button or shirt or hat.

This may be the longest 3 weeks of my life.
Joe

Are ya gonna do parks too ?

Whoops - my point was going to be that because we are new to the Fort, we haven't known any other way than a trip to WDW with parks....6 days of parks to be exact. When I read that some people go to the fort for 3-4 weeks and never hit a park, I was astonished. That's a way of life that I dont know from.

Joe

Oh I got no problem with discounts. :woohoo: Discounts are our friends, :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
As far as stay'n in Disney resort hotel , I actually like some of them very much for various reasons. But I also like the Fort for many of the reasons that are often discussed on the Dis,,one of the biggest reasons for camping is, we can take our fur baby with us,,,I know that you will think I'm off my rocker for this one but, "the Fort really is her favorite place to camp". :-)lmao:)
And we hate to kennel her.

We are some of those people who don't always do parks when we hit the Fort, just depends.
I do enjoy the parks more often than my wife tho.

Do ya'll plan on gett'n a buggy ?

We are some of those people who don't always do parks when we hit the Fort, just depends.
I do enjoy the parks more often than my wife tho.

Do ya'll plan on gett'n a buggy ?

Haha...isn't nice when you are so in-tuned with yer pup that you know how she prefers one campsite over another....but that may just be because she senses that the fort is YOUR favorite campsite.

No question...gettin' a buggy...there was NEVER a doubt when I found out that 1)they let you use em at FW and 2)that I could rent one so cheaply relative to the time and energy it'll save. By no means am I a lazy guy and I get my workouts as needed, but I would hate to walk outta my cabin everyday to see the potential long walk ahead of me. It's a vacation, for Pete's sake. I'll probably realize the usefulness of the bus system after our first stay, but for this trip, I need to get up and go...learning things along the way.

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Frank. I'm gonna' be 72 and I have my share of senior moments, but you are younger. Any age under 70 is young.

Lest you forgot ; You will be standing at a major intersection in Tennessee, wearing your Mouse Ears, your Goofy Feet, your Mickey Mouse Poncho and just in case, your Mickey Umbrella. After we leave WY, Shirl and I were to take you to the Fort in September.

Currently we are in Ioway on our way to RT 90 in Minnasooooooota. Then to SD and finally WY.

By jeeeeeezus and by golly, it is friggin' hot. Left PA 94 degress, 103 on rt 80 outside of Chicago.

I was gonna' say sumthin' real important, but I forgot what it was. You will know that feelin' some day.
LUV, john

Frank. I'm gonna' be 72 and I have my share of senior moments, but you are younger. Any age under 70 is young.

Lest you forgot ; You will be standing at a major intersection in Tennessee, wearing your Mouse Ears, your Goofy Feet, your Mickey Mouse Poncho and just in case, your Mickey Umbrella. After we leave WY, Shirl and I were to take you to the Fort in September.

Currently we are in Ioway on our way to RT 90 in Minnasooooooota. Then to SD and finally WY.

By jeeeeeezus and by golly, it is friggin' hot. Left PA 94 degress, 103 on rt 80 outside of Chicago.

I was gonna' say sumthin' real important, but I forgot what it was. You will know that feelin' some day.
LUV, john

gee,john, you probably drove right past us on your way. :) you could of stopped and got some of the BEST brats around!

and i know frank, he is probably out there right now dressed just as you told him too. the only thing you forgot to tell him to take (and i know it is in his hand) is his fishin' pole.

LUV, john

Sheeez John,,people are start'n to look at me funny standing at that intersection everyday,,even the police are afraid to talk to me.
So did I miss my ride or ya still fish'n the country side ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter