2BR Lockoff vs Dedicated Ocean View

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
Which do you prefer and why? We are two adult couples all in our 60s, all mobile and active

Which do you prefer and why? We are two adult couples all in our 60s, all mobile and active
For your party I'd do the lock-off because it can be a bit more private. For my group (2 couples, 3 kids, unmarried Auntie), we do the dedicated for the additional "real" bed.

For your party I'd do the lock-off because it can be a bit more private. For my group (2 couples, 3 kids, unmarried Auntie), we do the dedicated for the additional "real" bed.
So there’s absolutely no difference in living area or amenities, just the separate entrance in the lockoff?

So there’s absolutely no difference in living area or amenities, just the separate entrance in the lockoff?
Second bedroom (the Studio side) has two queen beds in the Dedicated. One queen bed and one pull-out sofa in the lock-off.

Second bedroom in the lock-off has a kitchenette (mini fridge and microwave).

There is an extra half-bath in the Dedicated.

Both have a pull-out queen in the living room. The dedicated has a pull-out twin chair as well. The lock-off has a fold-down smaller-than-twin murphy bed under the TV.

Second bedroom (the Studio side) has two queen beds in the Dedicated. One queen bed and one pull-out sofa in the lock-off.

Second bedroom in the lock-off has a kitchenette (mini fridge and microwave).

There is an extra half-bath in the Dedicated.

Both have a pull-out queen in the living room. The dedicated has a pull-out twin chair as well. The lock-off has a fold-down smaller-than-twin murphy bed under the TV.

are the ocean views better in one vs the other?

are the ocean views better in one vs the other?
I'd say the best 2 or 3 views are Dedicated, but the rooms right next door to each of them are Lock-off.

Closest to the ocean, but "sideways" view - Rooms ending in 86 (facing Northwest) or 02 (facing Southeast)

Furthest from the ocean, but the most "direct" view - Rooms ending in 50

These rooms are all Dedicated, but the rooms right next to each of them are lock-offs, so it's not a significant difference.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-villas-views-updated-03-21-2017.3570961/

I'd say the best 2 or 3 views are Dedicated, but the rooms right next door to each of them are Lock-off.

Closest to the ocean, but "sideways" view - Rooms ending in 86 (facing Northwest) or 02 (facing Southeast)

Furthest from the ocean, but the most "direct" view - Rooms ending in 50

These rooms are all Dedicated, but the rooms right next to each of them are lock-offs, so it's not a significant difference.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-villas-views-updated-03-21-2017.3570961/
This is some Jedi advice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter