2yo at MGM, how much time?

Dana_Buckley

Mouseketeer
Who has taken a 2 yo to MGM? What did you do there? What would you skip, for 2yo?
I only have 1 evening planned at MGM & am trying to decide if that is enough time. I didn't want to 'waste' a morning there if I didn't have to. Rather do MK 2 mornings. I was planning on Theater of Stars (Beauty & Beast show), Playhouse Disney & Little Mermaid. Maybe Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Thank you!

We live in Orlando so we go to Disney quite often. I would say it depends on your child. My ds (2 on Sat.) Did not like the Muppets 3-d as it was very loud for him and loud noises scare him. He doesn't do well with fireworks either.
To warn you Indiana Jones is also VERY loud.

If your baby doesn't mind loud noises then both of thee should be fine.. If not I would suggest skipping them.

Hope this helps!
Naomi

We just got back today from WDW! Excellent 11 day trip!

My dd is 2 years old and we spent 3 half days at MGM. His big thing was Buzz and Woody, so while dd (8) and dh went on BIG rides, ds and I hung out with characters.

He loved Playhouse and Indy too!

dd and I managed RnR and ToT 3 times each!

BTW! ds LOVED Fantasmic! S

How much time to allow?

All Day

My DD couold have spent all day i nthe Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area. She also really enjoyed Muppets and the great movie ride in addition to the shows you mentioned (except Indy it was closed when we went)

We just got back with 2-y-o DS and 4-y-o DD. We had scheduled one evening at MGM. Keep in mind that the shows like Bear and Little Mermaid only run until a certain time. They were done before 6:30. We thought we would have plenty of time, but that didn't happen. We came back another day and Beauty and the Beast was not showing at all on that day. Not sure when you are going, but make sure to check time schedules ahead of time if you can. We didn't get a time schedule until we got there.

Thank you all very much, I have, based on advice from many, decided to switch MGM to the morning, and go to the water park in the afternoon, if at all. We'll see how we feel about it. I think the Poly has a very nice pool area & we may not need to go to BB at all. Thank you!

Last year we did little at MGM but Fantasmic. This year we did Bear, Beauty, The Little Mermaid, and the Muppets, and buzz and Woody. Bear is good. Mermaid and Beauty and the beast have larger theaters. I would leave the Muppets til he is older. Buzz and Woody are just autographs from the characters. I recommend more time at MK and the pool or BB. I just did BB with my older ds6yo this year. There is a small child area which is fun and has slides. It depends how bold he is whether he'd do the slides at 2 I would think. I'd do MGM in the am and I think the shows start around 10am. Then nap. then something else. MGM is hot, too. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter