3.0 Teachers' Thread

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Because of the sailing dates, a lot of educators will be going on 3.0 I thought I'd start a spot here for us to share a little about ourselves and our classroom lives.

I'll start. I am a fifth grade reading teacher and very excited about this cruise. It's my first one due to the dates of previous ones not being good with my work schedule. Anyone doing something special for National Poetry Month?

I'm a Kindergarten Teacher in DC area Maryland. I've been here for 3 years (it will be the end of my 4th year when we meet).

I am cruising with my best friend (who just moved across the country). I've apologized to him several times that we can only vacation in the summer, and was so excited when PCC 3.0 was set up!

My wife is a high school Spanish teacher in south central WI. She will also be a student at the time as she's going to get her Ed.D.

I'm a preschool teacher from Dallas. This will be our third cruise. Just got off the Dream a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to next year and making some new friends.
:grouphug::thumbsup2

High school math teacher here. Just did an interim year as an upper-level administrator, and I'm very happy to be headed back into the classroom for 2011-12. (Admin is a wonderful and important role in a school, but it's very much not for me.)

Like others, I'm psyched that PCC 3.0 meshes with a teacher's schedule. I just finished a 4-night Bahamas cruise on the Dream -- today is my first day back at home, and man, I'm going through Disney withdrawal! It's an awesome ship, and we're all gonna have a fantastic time!

My big dilemma -- do I do the WDW stay before or after the cruise. On my recently-concluded trip, we did WDW first and then the cruise, and it worked well. I'm tempted to try cruising first, just so I can compare the two experiences and see which one works better for me. (I've heard compelling reasons for both methods.)

I'm an elementary music teacher with one, count it ONE, more day of summer left. :sad1: Monday is the day.

As for the before/after cruise dilemma, DH and I might solve it by doing both, depending on whether or not DU negotiates special pricing at the S/D. Does anyone know what price they offered on the last cruise?

Teachers also have a continuing education to help them for professional growth and effectiveness.

We were thinking of doing some post-cruise days at the parks, but remembered that will be very close to the 4th of July, when it starts to get packed. We'll be doing a few days before, instead. I think it will be WAY less crowded then. Just a thought...

I'm planning on arriving a day early, going on the cruise, and then staying until July 4th when I fly home. The crowds don't bother me as much being that I always go during peak season due to work. I'm excited! :)

I opted to do a pre-cruise WDW stay (Mon 6.18 - Sun 6.24, BWV, studio with standard view) and head home after PCC 3.0. I could lie and say that I was strategically avoiding the July 4 crowds, but the truth is that by arriving on June 18, that means I get to fly to Orlando two days after my last end-of-year faculty meeting, and for some reason I really like that idea! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I seem to be out of things at the moment that I can do to plan this trip. I can't book airfare quite yet, so I can't set up my DME transfers. I'm not a big fan of table service restaurants, so I don't have any ADR's to make -- hey, they take up valuable park touring time, plus I figure I can stuff myself to the gills on the Dream. :rolleyes1

On a separate note, classes start for us next Tuesday, and my brain is only just starting to come online. I sat down in front of my computer this afternoon and had a tough time remembering what a lesson plan looked like....

I am a middle school Physical Education teacher at a school just outside of Milwaukee, WI. I was so excited to see a podcast cruise my wife and I could go on. Who else is going to the dance party? Anyone want to help me write down dance steps as we dance? Always looking for new ideas for class. I think teachers are the only ones who really go on vacation and try to find new things for "work". Admit it. You have all done it too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter