3 dvc resorts, toddlers, different experiences?

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
Ok, so my mums been dvc for 10 years now so we have stayed at blt, ssr, Okw, akl, bcv, we haven't stayed wilderness lodge, grand Floridian boardwalk.

So hubby and I just bought into dvc (resale):worship: we offered on a few contracts and ended up with one with lots of points to bank for next year when we come. So we have the unique scenario where we can literally go mad!
So we are planning 18nights (from uk so we always come for 14 anyway.) in studios but WHERE?:confused3
We are thinking of doing 3 resorts for 6 nights each (roughly and depending on availability.) :surfweb:
We are wanting to go to 3 "different" resorts so each will feel like a whole new experience to the kids (just 2 and nearly 4 when we go) pools are really important to us and we love the splash areas like at blt.
So if this was you where would you go and WHY please! The why will really help consolidate my thoughts!

Best splash pads according to DGS (2):
AKL - Kidani - most to do/lots of shade
SSR - Paddock pool - get very wet
BLT - softest
DTD there are 2 - larger one is concrete based

IMHO-Best pools
BCV
AKL both Jambo and Kidani
PO/RS-Old Dixie Landings Resort
SSR - multiple locations to choose from

BLT, AKV-Kidani and BCV.

BLT is awesome because of how close to MK it is. Kidani has the awesome splash area. And BCV because of its pool.

AKV-K = Great splash area and zero entry pool. Movie shown pool side so you can float while watching. Animal viewing area, lots of activities in the resort.

VGF - even better splash area. My 4&1yos love it. It's gated off with a life guard walking around. They are very strict about older kids playing there. It's separate from the other pools. Nice dining options and close to MK.

BCV - sand area for little ones, lazy river with an adult, close to Epcot & boat to DHS. Lots of dining options and boardwalk nighttime activities.

I'd also try to move resorts during the week rather than Fri/Sat.

My kids did not care for the pool at BLT. It was small and didn't have much of a splash area. It also gets very crowded. We did not go to the pool at CR.

BWV pool is ok. They go back and forth between the shallow pool and the play area. I didn't care for that because I was worried they'd get hurt going down the playground slide with wet limbs.

I think a better question is where do you own, and when are you traveling?

we own at SSR but are hoping to use the wait-list and me checking ridiculous amounts of times per day to get in the others. hubby can only book his time off work 30 weeks prior as a maximum so it didn't really matter what our home resort was, we were never going to be able to book at 11 months. by 7 months before he can see the holidays already booked and get a good idea of dates. we are looking to go end of april beggining of may (depending on DH holidays)
We have had a lot of success with waitlists etc before so I'm going to be opomistic about where we can get in. We will prob have a back up for each (possibly SSR)

At the minute I am thinking AK, BCV and one of the monorail resorts,
We stayed BLT and loved it, love the walkway and the idea of not having a walkway and being last stop on the monorail makes me a little concerned about GF but then another part of me says, its THE GF! it must be bloody good!
our favourite is BLT so far so it seems a shame not to go there but i think doing 2 monorail hotels is a bit of a waste, the BCV and AK seem to offer something different.
Other thing i'm thinking is if the GF and BCV are too similar in decor, ambience etc. boardwalk pool doesn't really excite me though

Most people don't think OKW with a toddler. That being said it is a nice getaway after the chaos of the parks. I am the parent of 2 special needs kids and sometimes that quiet is just what is needed. If you need to deal with meltdowns at the end of the day there is nothing better. Same for the AKV. The animals can create a very calming atmosphere. If splitting into 3 I would plan on week at a Magic Kingdom resort especially with little ones. However you choose to do it I hope you have a magical time. :tink::smickey:

We would do SSR for our offsite days and EPCOT and DHS but would probably do 9 nights not 6 as we do a lot of offsite. Then 4 nights at AKV for AK and then 5 nights at BLT to do MK and all our favourite restaurants. My kids love Kidani and BLT the best and the pool at SSR is a favorite.

we own at SSR but are hoping to use the wait-list and me checking ridiculous amounts of times per day to get in the others. hubby can only book his time off work 30 weeks prior as a maximum so it didn't really matter what our home resort was, we were never going to be able to book at 11 months. by 7 months before he can see the holidays already booked and get a good idea of dates. we are looking to go end of april beggining of may (depending on DH holidays) We have had a lot of success with waitlists etc before so I'm going to be opomistic about where we can get in. We will prob have a back up for each (possibly SSR) At the minute I am thinking AK, BCV and one of the monorail resorts, We stayed BLT and loved it, love the walkway and the idea of not having a walkway and being last stop on the monorail makes me a little concerned about GF but then another part of me says, its THE GF! it must be bloody good! our favourite is BLT so far so it seems a shame not to go there but i think doing 2 monorail hotels is a bit of a waste, the BCV and AK seem to offer something different. Other thing i'm thinking is if the GF and BCV are too similar in decor, ambience etc. boardwalk pool doesn't really excite me though

See in your circumstance I would book something at 11 months and move it as I need to to at least have so egging booked. As long as you cancel more than 31 days out no penalty and you might just hit the right dates

Other thing i'm thinking is if the GF and BCV are too similar in decor, ambience etc. boardwalk pool doesn't really excite me though

VGF studio will be the hardest to get. I'd book whatever dates you can get and work around that for the rest. I hope you mean BWV and BCV are similar, because VGF is nothing like BCV.

No I did actually mean bcv and gf villas might be similar. Both seemed very laid back, chilled beachy type locations? I was worried about possibly staying at both incase they were too much alike. We've stayed bcv but never stayed gf.

I think I'm leaning towards bcv, akl and gf.
Has got e thinking about how to split them more though, 6/6/6 might not be e way to go.
I know it's all very hyperthetical until we see what's available but it's fun to plan!

I get the point of booking at the 11 months window but hubby's dates could mean we change to end of May even. We are hoping for end of April early May but really it's a 5 week time slot we are talking about. Last 10/14 days of April and first 3 weeks of May, we want to miss the Easter crowds for sure. But booking 18 nights would just be like sticking a pin in a map.

I would recommend these three villas, (maybe four):

BLT-pool was good enough for my daughters who were 4 months and 5 years at the time of our stay. Walking distance to MK was the best selling point for this resort, ability to walk back to the resort for an afternoon nap. Their counter service restaurant was really convenient and has decent food choices.

GFV-the newest and has murphy bed or younger kid. Separate tub and shower in studio unit and has nice pool and splash area. We haven't stay here yet but will be in June so I can tell you more about it after our trip. Easy access to monorail to MK and Epcot, and also close to MK if you need to get back to the resort or a nap or cool down.

BWV or BCV- can walk to two parks, Epcot and HS. BCV has the best pool hands down and great amenities around the resorts.

I hated bus transport with strollers and diaper bags. ability to walk or monorail to park was more important to me than the pool. Kids would like any pool as long as it has lots of water and slides. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter