3 infants and 4-8 adults... where to stay?

twinsouvenirs

Mother of Dragons :)
So we're planning a larger-than-nuclear family vacation.

Husband & myself, twin girls will be 2.5 yrs, baby will be 6 mo.
My mom & dad.
POSSIBLY my newlywed sister and her DH, POSSIBLY my SIL and her bf.

(so actually we are talking 4-8 adults).

People like space, obviously, and with a baby it might be nice not to have people on the pull out if we also have the kids in pack n plays in the living room.

We have 270 annual points to work with; we are willing to borrow but would rather not do so too much because we are working with up to 4 adults who can't commit (4 who can). We have SSR and VGF so that's where I can book at 11 mo. We are talking early Jan '15 but not New Years.

QUESTIONS:
Is a treehouse villa at SSR bigger/better than a 2 BR elsewhere? I'm concerned because it seems like the bunkbed room will be useless to us since the girls are not old enough. I want to book SOMETHING at 11 mo, and I'm not sure if a 2 BR at AKV, BWK, or BLT is comparable in size & space to a treehouse. Any thoughts? Figuring 6 adults may be safe. Obviously at the 7 mo mark I should probably go for the OKW grand villa, but I've been warned that those are nearly impossible to book at that mark.

OR would it be better to simply book a 2BR and two studios? And if I did that, should I book the studios first to ensure only the 2BR is using borrowed points, so if we cancel the studios (it will be before our banking DL) we can have those points banked for the next UY?

Are there considerations I'm not thinking of?

So we're planning a larger-than-nuclear family vacation.

Husband & myself, twin girls will be 2.5 yrs, baby will be 6 mo.
My mom & dad.
POSSIBLY my newlywed sister and her DH, POSSIBLY my SIL and her bf.

(so actually we are talking 4-8 adults).

People like space, obviously, and with a baby it might be nice not to have people on the pull out if we also have the kids in pack n plays in the living room.

We have 270 annual points to work with; we are willing to borrow but would rather not do so too much because we are working with up to 4 adults who can't commit (4 who can). We have SSR and VGF so that's where I can book at 11 mo. We are talking early Jan '15 but not New Years.

QUESTIONS:
Is a treehouse villa at SSR bigger/better than a 2 BR elsewhere? I'm concerned because it seems like the bunkbed room will be useless to us since the girls are not old enough. I want to book SOMETHING at 11 mo, and I'm not sure if a 2 BR at AKV, BWK, or BLT is comparable in size & space to a treehouse. Any thoughts? Figuring 6 adults may be safe. Obviously at the 7 mo mark I should probably go for the OKW grand villa, but I've been warned that those are nearly impossible to book at that mark.

OR would it be better to simply book a 2BR and two studios? And if I did that, should I book the studios first to ensure only the 2BR is using borrowed points, so if we cancel the studios (it will be before our banking DL) we can have those points banked for the next UY?

Are there considerations I'm not thinking of?

This idea sounds like what I would go with for now and then try for OKW to lower the points.

This idea sounds like what I would go with for now and then try for OKW to lower the points.

Me too..do the studios with points that would be bankable, and hope the people decide within the time frame! Sounds like a fun vacation.

Your twins will count towards occupancy since only one under the age of three does not count. So if you have eight adults, you will have ten plus one under the age of three.

The THV only sleeps nine plus one.

Your twins will count towards occupancy since only one under the age of three does not count. So if you have eight adults, you will have ten plus one under the age of three. The THV only sleeps nine plus one.
Ahaha.. thank you, I somehow missed that. Just as well because even though they are little, they take up plenty of space! Two pack n plays was a lot in our 1 br--three will be crazy One more question: does it matter which i book first or can the MS CMs rearrange the reservation to use the borrowed points first if we cancel one or more studios?

Ahaha.. thank you, I somehow missed that. Just as well because even though they are little, they take up plenty of space! Two pack n plays was a lot in our 1 br--three will be crazy One more question: does it matter which i book first or can the MS CMs rearrange the reservation to use the borrowed points first if we cancel one or more studios?

I would recommend calling revs and reviewing with CM. Technically I believe you would need to book studios first as you mentioned.

One additional issue to me with the tree houses is being a bit remote. With kids I want to be able to walk to QS for breakfast or lunch, go to pool and back to room easily for naps etc.

One more question: does it matter which i book first or can the MS CMs rearrange the reservation to use the borrowed points first if we cancel one or more studios?

If you have to cancel one or both studios, MS will adjust the remaining reservation to use all the borrowed points. I have had to do this before.

Laura

I would book a 2 BR dedicated and one studio at SSR then change to OKW at 7 months out for either a 3 BR or 2 BR plus a studio. If it's a requirement that each couple have a separate BR, I'd add one studio to each of the above except for the 11 month SSR because you'll end up with points that are restricted if you're not careful. I don't know how many VGF points you have but getting SSR or OKW 2 BR or studios shouldn't be that big of a deal at 7 months out. The 3 BR GV might be another matter.

thank you all, very helpful. I think I will go with Dean's suggestion of snagging at least the 2 BR at SSr at 11 mo and poss. a studio; the trying to switch to OKW at 7 mo.

Yes, I was going to say OKW as soon as I read your topic on the post. I just think you need the space, with babies and many adults. That large living room and kitchen will be a blessing, plus the outside porch, full sized washer dryer, etc.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Yes, I was going to say OKW as soon as I read your topic on the post. I just think you need the space, with babies and many adults. That large living room and kitchen will be a blessing, plus the outside porch, full sized washer dryer, etc.

Good luck!:thumbsup2

Thanks, that is good to know! Now I am just going to have to pray I can snag the OKW at 7 mo :) I'd looove a GV there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter