3 questions

buzz&woody'smom

DIS Veteran
Hi Experts-

I have a friend flying in from San Diego the day her cruise leaves. This makes me nervous because of the posts I have read here since July. So here are my questions:

1. Is it safer to fly in the night before if comming from California?

2. Who is the best transfer to Port Canaveral that is not a busy or what rental car agency is at the port but I think a shuttle or limo would be best. Howe much is this round trip?

3. What hotel do you recommend around the Orlando airport and did you use priceline to get it?

1) We always fly the night before, either from LAX or ONT (Ontario, CA). I think it's a good idea when flying from the west coast. Your only other option is to take the red-eye, which tends to screw up your schedule for a day or two. Flying in the day before is much less stressful. Of course, you then have to shell out for a hotel room.

2) I like using the cruise line's transfers. They are $46/person, or were the last time I looked. Avis has a desk at the Radisson at the Port, where you can drop off a rental car. Many people use limo services such as Happy Limo or Yourride.

3) We stay at the Hyatt at MCO. It is right in the terminal, so is very convenient. We then check in for the DCL buses in the Hyatt lobby. If you buy air from the cruise line and choose the "day before" option, this is included in the price. When we book our own air, we usually book the Hyatt through Travelocity. It usually costs $79 or $99, depending on how early we book and the time of year. I know that you can get much better rates at hotels near the airport, but I like the convenience of the Hyatt. Another nice perk of the Hyatt is that they'll collect your luggage from outside your room and deliver it to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter