3 y/o bday in Epcot

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
We are headed to WDW very shortly to celebrate an early 10 year anniversary ( we got married in WDW April 2010) and our daughter's 3rd bday. We are scheduled to go to Epcot for her bday - I've only booked FPs, no TS dining. Any ideas for anything special to do specifically for her bday? It's my first time going as a parent - so I'm not familiar with all the kids stuff (we will try kidcot with her).

I was (and still am) thinking doing to WDW was special enough but now I'm feeling guilty and thinking I should look into adding an extra special element. She loves Jasmine (although has not seen Aladdin), Frozen, as well as Mickey and Donald. She goes to sleep 6:30-7pm, meaning we need to leave the park around 5:45pm.

TIA

At 3 years old, anything "extra" you do will be more for your own memories than hers. That's still a TOTALLY valid reason for doing something, but if you're only concerned about her experience then I wouldn't worry much about adding to an already amazing and special trip.

Have fun!

I can't think of a lot of toddler specific "extras" that you might book in Epcot but I'm sure in the mind of your three year old, she will take the simple joys of the park and consider them amazing! We have brought our toddler several times to Epcot and she loves waving at the ducks, dancing to all the bands in world showcase and chasing the water from the jumping fountains over by Figment. If I had to suggest some ideas for a toddler birthday they would be:

-If you're looking into a TS my daughter loved both Garden Grill and Akershus
-See the British Revolution band play in the UK - they often sing the Beatles Birthday song for those celebrating in the crowd!
-A stop in France for ice cream or candy at the German chocolate shop
-Our daughter went crazy for the bubble wands they have there so maybe that as an extra birthday present?

I hope you all have a wonderful time!!

Garden Grill, maybe for breakfast? Character meal with Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale

But otherwise just enjoy WDW. Shes 3 and it's her first trip. That's a pretty good birthday IMO!!

Thanks, both! I did originally booked Garden Grill but dropped it as I didn't like the vegetarian options. Akershus is free but not the greatest for vegetarians either.
I think I am overthinking it. If it was my bday I'd be happy just running around the part (and probably drinking around the world). I guess in a way this is my special day too.....

My wife is a vegetarian and she finds plenty to eat at Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace

Norway quick service restaurant, Karmel Kuche bakery in Germany and Sunshine Seasons food court in the Land in Future World usually have cupcakes.

Does Jasmine appear at Akershus? We actually never got around to doing that one and our DD is now 18. (Not that she wouldn’t still do it, but she loves Rapunzel, so we’d prob do Bon Voyage instead!) Seems like you could rope drop Frozen, meet Anna and Elsa, and then get a snack in Norway, sing happy birthday, and call it good! Maybe get her a shirt that says Birthday Princess or something and shop for some princess mouse ears to wear that day to make your pics extra cute? Our son turned 4 on our first trip and other than a bday button, we had dinner at Chef Mickeys and the gang helped him blow out his candle on his cupcake—that’s essentially all we specifically did. We had a party at home.

Does she like other princesses besides Jasmine? If so, you could do Akershus breakfast. My daughter absolutely loved it at that age! You could put her in a birthday shirt and/or button and I’m sure all of the princesses would wish her happy birthday when they come around.

We are headed to WDW very shortly to celebrate an early 10 year anniversary ( we got married in WDW April 2010) and our daughter's 3rd bday. We are scheduled to go to Epcot for her bday - I've only booked FPs, no TS dining. Any ideas for anything special to do specifically for her bday? It's my first time going as a parent - so I'm not familiar with all the kids stuff (we will try kidcot with her).

I was (and still am) thinking doing to WDW was special enough but now I'm feeling guilty and thinking I should look into adding an extra special element. She loves Jasmine (although has not seen Aladdin), Frozen, as well as Mickey and Donald. She goes to sleep 6:30-7pm, meaning we need to leave the park around 5:45pm.

TIA

If you don't want to spend extra on a TS, perhaps just get your DD a birthday button and visit all the characters she likes? Jasmine, Elsa and Anna, Mickey and Donald can all be found in EP.

We celebrated our middle kiddos 1st and 3rd birthdays on our Disneyland trips (technically, he was 11 months the first go around so still a month ahead of his birthday). Anyway, we got the button for his 3rd birthday trip and cast members made him feel SO SO special that that was "enough" just being there. When we'd load on to a ride they'd tell other cast members that there was a birthday boy coming through etc. SO many people (just other tourists!) also stopped and said Happy Birthday to him and he was so confused at first but pretty quickly caught on to saying thank you and answering people when they asked him how old he was turning. It was just awesome.

I'm not sure if Epcot has anything like this, but when we went in to get the birthday button at Magic Kingdom in the town hall? I think, they told him to hold on a minute because someone needed to call him and then the phone rang and there was a birthday message from Mickey I think (maybe Goofy?) when he picked it up. He still talks about that!

If you don't want to spend extra on a TS, perhaps just get your DD a birthday button and visit all the characters she likes? Jasmine, Elsa and Anna, Mickey and Donald can all be found in EP.
It's not really about spending the extra - it's more about allowing flexibility. I want this to be one day where she has some control - and don't want to fight about a reservation! (I'd personally way rather eat at TS and have a break!).

We celebrated our middle kiddos 1st and 3rd birthdays on our Disneyland trips (technically, he was 11 months the first go around so still a month ahead of his birthday). Anyway, we got the button for his 3rd birthday trip and cast members made him feel SO SO special that that was "enough" just being there. When we'd load on to a ride they'd tell other cast members that there was a birthday boy coming through etc. SO many people (just other tourists!) also stopped and said Happy Birthday to him and he was so confused at first but pretty quickly caught on to saying thank you and answering people when they asked him how old he was turning. It was just awesome.

I'm not sure if Epcot has anything like this, but when we went in to get the birthday button at Magic Kingdom in the town hall? I think, they told him to hold on a minute because someone needed to call him and then the phone rang and there was a birthday message from Mickey I think (maybe Goofy?) when he picked it up. He still talks about that!
I think this is what we will do. I ordered her a tshirt from the Gap awhile back that has Minnie and Daisy and say's "It's my bday". I think the hotel normally gives out buttons too, right? I just want her to feel really special!

Grab her a cupcake somewhere in Disney, one that she thinks is "special", (carry in a candle and matches, or lighter). Grab a table nearby, and sing happy birthday. Guests around will surely (If not singing with you) will wish her a happy birthday.

You can receive a "happy birthday"pin at your resort, guest services at the parks and some of the shops!

Grab her a cupcake somewhere in Disney, one that she thinks is "special", (carry in a candle and matches, or lighter). Grab a table nearby, and sing happy birthday. Guests around will surely (If not singing with you) will wish her a happy birthday.

You can receive a "happy birthday"pin at your resort, guest services at the parks and some of the shops!

(Germany has a huge chocolate cupcake - still thinking about it!!)

Honestly, Epcot was by far my kids' least favorite park when we went (ages 2 and 4 at the time). Even all the Frozen stuff wasn't enough to hold their interest in the rest of the park. Aside from the Frozen ride (only my older daughter wanted to meet Elsa and Anna—the 2yo was NOT cool with character meets), they liked the splash pad area and seeing the fish in the aquarium at the Seas. Other than that, the best part of their Epcot day was when we finally left early to let them swim at the resort. 😂 I agree with the suggestions to try to find special food or dessert. Other than that, don't be too let down if it's hard for her to find the magic in that particular park!

Thanks, both! I did originally booked Garden Grill but dropped it as I didn't like the vegetarian options. Akershus is free but not the greatest for vegetarians either.
I think I am overthinking it. If it was my bday I'd be happy just running around the part (and probably drinking around the world). I guess in a way this is my special day too.....
If you can get Garden Grill back, I would go for it, especially a breakfast. It's less about the food and more about the characters and at garden grill they can be a lot of fun! For me I will pay for a character meal regardless of food just for the interactions without having to wait in line. Akershus breakfast would be a good alternative though. If she likes meeting characters that would make for a very exciting birthday.

All kids are different my girls love Epcot and have from there first visit at 3 and 5 years old. They really enjoyed the kidspot activities in each country. It always seems a more go with the flow park than the others which has always suited us but doesnt suit everyone. Maybe she could get a face paint if you allow that and have a little photoshoot with a cupcake and candle with just family if shes not impressed by characters. My daughter got some lovely sequined birthday Minnie ears but I dont know if they did childrens ones. I'm sure she will have a brilliant day whatever you do

Thanks all! I know many kids are not into Epcot but our daughter is pretty easy to please - she just needs to be able to run and explore! Epcot just happened to work best for our schedule for the day of her bday. She is really excited to meet the characters, and based on her lining up to see Santa at Christmas, I expect she'll run right into their arms! I think we will have a back up plan to leave early and head to Disney Springs - I think she might like watching the dancers at Raglan Road!

I agree that being in Disney is special enough.
Going to a bakery and allowing them to pick any cake they liked as a special birthday treat would have blown my 3 year olds minds - but then they loved their food. That plus characters would make the day stick in their memory for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter